Wakefield

The Boston Red Sox

Postby Rickey Sez » 20 Jul 2006, 10:42

Wait a minute... how the hell does Tim Wakefield break a freaking rib? He throws a knuckleball? Did he fall out of bed? And can't he still pitch with a broken rib? He's a freakin' knuckleballer.

I wish I was a little bit taller. Wish I was a knuckleballer.
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby Fletch » 20 Jul 2006, 10:44

Rickey Sez wrote:I wish I was a little bit taller. Wish I was a knuckleballer.

Ouch. That was bad. :roll:
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby Scoring Machine » 20 Jul 2006, 20:20

Rickey Sez wrote:Wait a minute... how the hell does Tim Wakefield break a freaking rib? He throws a knuckleball? Did he fall out of bed? And can't he still pitch with a broken rib? He's a freakin' knuckleballer.

The espn article said that he doesn't know how it happened, then implied that it could have happened while he was sleeping.

Either that or he got drunk and fell down.
2005 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball Champion
05-06 SOTSG Fantasy Hoops Champion
2006 SOTSG Fantasy Golf Champion

Q. How do they practice safe sex at Oregon State?
A. By placing a warning sign on the animals that kick
Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Rickey Sez » 20 Jul 2006, 21:59

Scoring Machine wrote:
Rickey Sez wrote:Wait a minute... how the hell does Tim Wakefield break a freaking rib? He throws a knuckleball? Did he fall out of bed? And can't he still pitch with a broken rib? He's a freakin' knuckleballer.

The espn article said that he doesn't know how it happened, then implied that it could have happened while he was sleeping.

Either that or he got drunk and fell down.

I was referencing former (Red) Sox pitcher Paxton Crawford, who allegedly injured himself falling out of bed while having sex. Must've been the HGH.

But Wakie can have a few beers. He's earned 'em. And sometimes we get a little hurt after a couple. Shit happens.
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby Snake » 24 Jul 2006, 01:01

Yup, Wakefield's a juicer, I knew it. Probably he was Crawford's hookup.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby myherobobhope » 04 Oct 2007, 13:59

I was dissappointed that Wake isn't on the roster for their current series. I will stop and watch him pitch an inning, regardless of what I'm doing.
Frank the Tank: If you think highly of humanity as a whole, then you're retarded. There are no exceptions to that rule.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 04 Oct 2007, 14:00

myherobobhope wrote:I was dissappointed that Wake isn't on the roster for their current series. I will stop and watch him pitch an inning, regardless of what I'm doing.
He is hurt.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby myherobobhope » 04 Oct 2007, 14:02

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
myherobobhope wrote:I was dissappointed that Wake isn't on the roster for their current series. I will stop and watch him pitch an inning, regardless of what I'm doing.
He is hurt.

I thought it was impossible for Wakefield to get hurt...
Frank the Tank: If you think highly of humanity as a whole, then you're retarded. There are no exceptions to that rule.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Theny » 04 Oct 2007, 14:04

It's his back. Too much golf for ol' Wake.

I'm surprised you don't see more knuckleballers around. That's a good living if you can get it.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby myherobobhope » 04 Oct 2007, 14:24

Theny wrote:It's his back. Too much golf for ol' Wake.

I'm surprised you don't see more knuckleballers around. That's a good living if you can get it.

Yeah, but who teaches you how to throw a knuckleball nowadays?

I wonder what special skills you need to be a good knuckleballers... I assume it's more than just practice.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Theny » 04 Oct 2007, 14:26

myherobobhope wrote:

I wonder what special skills you need to be a good knuckleballers... I assume it's more than just practice.

Yeah, I'm sure it's more of a God given talent more than practice, but still... I'm sure no Little League or high school coach is looking for these guys either, which is a damn shame.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby myherobobhope » 04 Oct 2007, 14:40

Theny wrote:
myherobobhope wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure it's more of a God given talent more than practice, but still... I'm sure no Little League or high school coach is looking for these guys either, which is a damn shame.

Maybe Tim Wakefield will open a Knuckleballers camp when he retires...

I wonder how much the rarity of knuckleballers increases their success... I'm sure not many hitters have faced many pitchers outside of wakefield, so it must be a hard thing to adjust to.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Theny » 04 Oct 2007, 14:41

cm hope wrote:Maybe Tim Wakefield will open a Knuckleballers camp when he retires...

I wonder how much the rarity of knuckleballers increases their success... I'm sure not many hitters have faced many pitchers outside of wakefield, so it must be a hard thing to adjust to.

tons, I'm sure. Even more than left handed pitchers.

If I ever have a son that's left handed I'm gonna throw myself a party, btw.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby the cheese » 04 Oct 2007, 14:59

Theny wrote:
cm hope wrote:Maybe Tim Wakefield will open a Knuckleballers camp when he retires...

tons, I'm sure. Even more than left handed pitchers.

If I ever have a son that's left handed I'm gonna throw myself a party, btw.

This is how you throw a knuckleball. I fucked around with a knuckleball from the time I was about 10 until I quit playing baseball at 18. It never really worked right consitently. I would throw it well for two or three starts, then have it never work for the rest of the season. Of course, by well I meant it would work four or five times out of the ten knucklers I threw .
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby myherobobhope » 04 Oct 2007, 15:13

Looked it up on Wikipedia, apparently the White Sox have a knuckleballer...

found this quote: "Like some cult religion that barely survives, there has always been at least one but rarely more than five or six devotees throwing the knuckleball in the big leagues... Not only can't pitchers control it, hitters can't hit it, catchers can't catch it, coaches can't coach it, and most pitchers can't learn it. The perfect pitch." -Ron Luciano, former AL umpire
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

PreviousNext

Return to Just another team.