2016 Red Sox Season: Presented by BSMB

The Boston Red Sox

Re: 2016 Red Sox Season: Presented by BSMB

Postby Gregs Kite » 11 Oct 2016, 13:20

TheWolf wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Steve Buckley Verified account
‏@BuckinBoston

David Price: "I want make these fans love me and I have six more years to get it done." #RedSox

This fucking guy. We don't want to fucking love you, this isn't fucking Cleveland. We want you to win play-off games.

Are you implying that we wouldn't love him if he wins playoff games?

Josh Beckett was a prick, but he won here. I don't need him pining for me on Twitter. The love will follow winning. Like Balls following an ice cream truck. Because he's fat.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 11 Oct 2016, 13:26

Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
‏@BuckinBoston

David Price: "I want make these fans love me and I have six more years to get it done." #RedSox

This fucking guy. We don't want to fucking love you, this isn't fucking Cleveland. We want you to win play-off games.

Josh Beckett was a prick, but he won here. I don't need him pining for me on Twitter. The love will follow winning. Like Balls following an ice cream truck. Because he's fat.

Trigger fingers turn into Twitter fingers, pussy.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby TheWolf » 11 Oct 2016, 13:29

Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
‏@BuckinBoston

I guess we're kinda saying the same thing. I agree that he doesn't need to tweet about it like a faggot. But yes, if he wins people will love him. If he wants to make the fans love him, he has 6 more years to stop shitting all over himself every time he pitches an important game.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Gregs Kite » 11 Oct 2016, 13:32

TheWolf wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
‏@BuckinBoston

I guess we're kinda saying the same thing. I agree that he doesn't need to tweet about it like a faggot. But yes, if he wins people will love him. If he wants to make the fans love him, he has 6 more years to stop shitting all over himself every time he pitches an important game.

He has two more years. Every pitcher that has signed this sort of deal with the three year opt out always opts out. Either he pitches great the next two regular seasons and decides to cash in somewhere "more comfortable" or he gets a case of the Carl Crawfords and beats bricks.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 Oct 2016, 15:05

Peter Gammons whines on twitter that the Sox fans were wrong to honor Papi after the game and let the Indians have their moment.

Mr. Gammons, a Hall of Famer, is indefensibly wrong here. Papi did the right thing and left the field, and the Indians were given time to celebrate appropriately as they had earned. They then moved their celebration inside. The fans chanted for their favorite player of the modern era, who will not play at Fenway again, and bid him a fond goodbye. I thought it was handled perfectly. For Mr. Gammons to tweet that somehow this was because the Red Sox fans didn't know that Cleveland won more games in the regular season is probably wrong, but definitely immaterial. The Sox acted with class. The Indians acted with class. The fans acted with class. Congrats to the Indians on the big win. Congrats to Papi on a great career. Best wishes for Mr. Gammons to tweet with some relevance during the remainder of the playoffs.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby mj3528 » 11 Oct 2016, 15:07

Frank the Tank wrote:Peter Gammons whines on twitter that the Sox fans were wrong to honor Papi after the game and let the Indians have their moment.

Mr. Gammons, a Hall of Famer, is indefensibly wrong here. Papi did the right thing and left the field, and the Indians were given time to celebrate appropriately as they had earned. They then moved their celebration inside. The fans chanted for their favorite player of the modern era, who will not play at Fenway again, and bid him a fond goodbye. I thought it was handled perfectly. For Mr. Gammons to tweet that somehow this was because the Red Sox fans didn't know that Cleveland won more games in the regular season is probably wrong, but definitely immaterial. The Sox acted with class. The Indians acted with class. The fans acted with class. Congrats to the Indians on the big win. Congrats to Papi on a great career. Best wishes for Mr. Gammons to tweet with some relevance during the remainder of the playoffs.

Yeah, that is weird coming from Gammons. I never thought anything negative about that.

The Indians celebration was kind of subdued. We have more work to do. #businesstrip
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby bosux » 11 Oct 2016, 18:31

sorry guys

by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby JT99 » 11 Oct 2016, 19:27

Frank the Tank wrote:Peter Gammons whines on twitter that the Sox fans were wrong to honor Papi after the game and let the Indians have their moment.

Agree, 100.

It was handled perfectly by all parties (save Gammons)
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby TheWolf » 11 Oct 2016, 19:36

Yeah, here was absolutely nothing wrong with the way anyone handled that. I'm almost always pro-Gammons, but he's not making a lick of sense here.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby JichaelDick » 12 Oct 2016, 00:22

Considering the manager for many of Papi's great moments was sitting in the other dugout, I'm sure Cleveland was 1000000% fine with celebrating shortly on the field, doing most of it in the clubhouse, and let Papi have the big stage one last time.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby TheWolf » 12 Oct 2016, 05:17

When the road team wins, don't they usually do more of the celebration inside anyway? On field stuff seems to go on a lot longer when it's at home because the fans are into it and stuff.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby JichaelDick » 12 Oct 2016, 07:38

TheWolf wrote:When the road team wins, don't they usually do more of the celebration inside anyway? On field stuff seems to go on a lot longer when it's at home because the fans are into it and stuff.

Generally speaking yes. Adding Francona's history with Papi, the Indians were probably never going to stay out on the field too long.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Frank the Tank » 12 Oct 2016, 07:42

Also it was the ALDS. After a World Series win the celebration probably would have stayed on the field for quite a while. Had the Cubs just won the World Series on Fenway's field, then I wouldn't expect them to go completely inside for quite a while.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby ctz31 » 12 Oct 2016, 08:50

Can someone explain to me the part about Cleveland having more regular season wins? I did not understand that at all? What does that have to do w any of this? TY.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby Frank the Tank » 12 Oct 2016, 10:15

ctz31 wrote:Can someone explain to me the part about Cleveland having more regular season wins? I did not understand that at all? What does that have to do w any of this? TY.

Gammons was insinuating the fans of the Red Sox were shocked at losing to a team that, had they looked at the records, they would've known that team was better than the Sox. And then they wouldn't have been surprised. And then they wouldn't have cheered for Papi and just sat in silent reverence of the Indians' celebration.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to Just another team.