2014 Red Sox

The Boston Red Sox

Re: 2014 Red Sox

Postby Gregs Kite » 19 Jul 2014, 21:07

Theny wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Prez wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:With a couple of bounces here or there, this team might have a run in them to get back into this thing!

The Red Sox are 1-0 without AJ Peerzinsky on the 40 man roster. I am enjoying my knowledge of baseball.

I think the Sox are 6-1 since AJ fucking Pierzinski was released. Fuck that guy.

I find it hard to believe one guy could be such a complete dickheaded asshole that could ruin the progress and general morale of everyone like that.

You find that hard to believe huh? You. Find that hard to believe.

You do the same thing to this message board on a weekly basis!

I put that on a tee and you nailed it. I have faith for you yet. Idiot.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Gregs Kite » 22 Jul 2014, 07:48

Prez wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:With a couple of bounces here or there, this team might have a run in them to get back into this thing!

The Red Sox are 1-0 without AJ Peerzinsky on the 40 man roster. I am enjoying my knowledge of baseball.

I think the Sox are 6-1 since AJ fucking Pierzinski was released. Fuck that guy.

8-1. I told y'all.

#BrockStar4Lyf

You fuckers ruined kite.

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Gregs Kite » 24 Jul 2014, 07:12

Fucking Buchholz clearly forgot the sunscreen last night. Dude should tried wiping the ball with his pussy juice instead. Asswipe.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Gregs Kite » 29 Jul 2014, 07:21

Gregs Kite wrote:Image

Things are about to get fun around Fenway. They're about to trade one of their most popular and proven pitchers because they......can't afford him? What in the fuck? All of a sudden we have to have a Kickstarter to get my team to pay its players?

Hey Balls, if you're still reading, maybe go take a walk and play with some spoons and keys, I'm gonna talk baseball unironically. Thanks.

The Sox have fucked this up from the beginning. They mistook Lester's willingness to take a discount as a sign that they could lowball him. Now they have him on record as saying he understands if they have to trade him and still would consider re-signing here. Pink Hat Nation takes this to mean "Cool! Trade him now and save his locker because he'll be back in November!" Yeah, because the price will be so much lower with him on the open market! They think he's just gonna go on a little vacation and come back to us with no hard feelings.

Idiots.

The problem with this team isn't the pitching. They can't hit for shit, Pedroia sucks. Napoli sucks. Victorino sucks. Ortiz is fine so long as the cycles are maxed out. And their solution is to trade their ace for some AAA prospects, hoping they really start to come around in '16? We keep hearing about this influx of young arms in our system. You're telling me we can't convince Miami to pick four or five players for Stanton? What about Gonzalez in Colorado? Since when did Boston become the fucking Devil Rays? Sitting around, extreme coupon-ing our way through the season. Fuck that. Flex nuts. Sign Lester for what he wants. If you regret the last couple years of the deal, that's the price of doing business. Think the Yankees regret the CC signing? It got them the '09 title. You pay the best players to help you win.

Say I trade Lester. Am I happy going into next year with surly ass John Lackey, pissed off about his league minimum contract, as the head of the rotation? What about pussy ass Clay Buchholz? Well, after he's done making excuses like a flimsy bitch.

“[We] lost a handful of good players last year that contributed a lot,” Buchholz said. “Having [Jacoby] Ellsbury in center field, a threat to hit 30 home runs in a season, and [who] can obviously run when he gets on base, we don’t have every single factor that we had last year to go into our team.”

Says they lost a handful of players and names one. One who's hitting .282 with 8 HRs in a park with a joke of a right field fence. Okay. Asshole. This team sucks because no one can hit and you pitch like a queer half the time.

I understand the thinking of not wanting to commit long term to 30 year pitchers for 6-8 years. But this is a proven commodity. He's relatively consistent, has stayed healthy, can pitch in Boston and the post-season with success. Why are we balking at paying him? Why are we putting our faith in a couple of kids in Portland that may or may not work out. So why not throw him a 5 year deal at $30 million per? It makes no sense, to me.

Thanks for reading. Have a swell day.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 29 Jul 2014, 07:51

on the other hand, the team is bad enough that the question "what does keeping Lester do for you" becomes relevant. they're not going to turn into the devil rays and live on their farm system. my plan would be trade/release lester and anyone else who is taking up big chunks of cap on that roster*. Then spend all of the money in 2015 or 2016 on a new crop of overpaid assholes.

*except ortiz i guess...even though dispassionately it would be good to get rid of him too...if he were tradeable, which he probably isnt
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Prez » 29 Jul 2014, 08:03

5 YEAR GRACE PERIOD!

Jerks.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby Gregs Kite » 29 Jul 2014, 14:07

Prez wrote:5 YEAR GRACE PERIOD!

Jerks.

YOU'RE THE JERK.....UH.....JERK

I understand the concept that my team will not win every year, even in Boston LOL. But I also understand that in order to rebuild a team to championship caliber you need to have the best players you get. And they have one of the best players in Jon Lester. And they have the advantage of printing money. They can afford to overpay players. They can afford dumb contracts if it results in a title. You don't bail on a proven, lefthanded pitcher because he's costs too much.

SouthernYokel wrote:on the other hand, the team is bad enough that the question "what does keeping Lester do for you" becomes relevant.

Keeping Lester gives you an ace to go into the 2015 season with. He gives you stability and consistency.

they're not going to turn into the devil rays and live on their farm system. my plan would be trade/release lester and anyone else who is taking up big chunks of cap on that roster*.

Releasing him still means you pay him. And what cap? Fuckin A, dude.

Then spend all of the money in 2015 or 2016 on a new crop of overpaid assholes.

This is baseball. You overpay for assholes.

*except ortiz i guess...even though dispassionately it would be good to get rid of him too...if he were tradeable, which he probably isnt

I have a new rule. I would like you to PM me with a draft of any posts you'd like to make in the Red Sox threads. Thanks for understanding.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby JichaelDick » 29 Jul 2014, 15:10

I'm assuming "cap" in this case was short for "capital." Just a hunch.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 29 Jul 2014, 15:19

I'm with you Kite. The Sawx have a money factory. For them to be pinching pennies on a guy who's been one of your 5 most important players over the past decade is Scroogeesque.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby JichaelDick » 29 Jul 2014, 15:46

Honestly, the best part will be the shitting on Lester once he gets traded.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Gregs Kite » 29 Jul 2014, 16:51

JichaelDick wrote:Honestly, the best part will be the shitting on Lester once he gets traded.

They are dumb sometimes, and very petty towards outgoing players, but shitting a homegrown, well liked and respected, two-time world champion, and cancer survivor would be an epic PR mistake I don't think even Lucchino would make.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 29 Jul 2014, 16:57

Gregs Kite wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:Honestly, the best part will be the shitting on Lester once he gets traded.

They are dumb sometimes, and very petty towards outgoing players, but shitting a homegrown, well liked and respected, two-time world champion, and cancer survivor would be an epic PR mistake I don't think even Lucchino would make.

You say that now but just wait until you hear how he pushes small children and kicks puppies when no one's watching
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Gregs Kite » 31 Jul 2014, 10:46

Let me be clear, I hate losing Lester. The Sox trading him because they can't afford him is one of the dumbest moves these owners have made.

However, the Red Sox outfield has hit 14 HRs this season. That is atrocious. They clearly needed a bat.

I like the trade. Lots of chatter bemoaning the fact we didn't get Skippy Dunderfuck from AAA Albuquerque or Tommy Stinkycunt from AA Altoona. Sometimes the prospects work out, sometimes they don't. How's Matt LaPorta doing? Given the desire to immediately contend again in '15, I'd rather get the proven hitter.

People are also saying we didn't get enough for Lester. You're not getting a king's ransom for a two month rental. You got a major league ready, power hitting outfielder with good numbers in a shitty hitter's park.

I'll be honest, part of me is in total fanboy mode, believing Lester will re-sign here after the season irregardless. Part of me thinks there was a wink-wink deal to trade him, get a bat, then get him back and start fresh in '15. Of course, there's no fucking way that's happening, but it soothes the sting of such a stupid move. You get Cespedes through next year, hitting in Fenway during a contract year, or you try to flip him to Miami for Stanton.

Now, if you'll excuse me...

You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 31 Jul 2014, 11:22

Gregs Kite wrote:Let me be clear, I hate losing Lester. The Sox trading him because they can't afford him is one of the dumbest moves these owners have made.

However, the Red Sox outfield has hit 14 HRs this season. That is atrocious. They clearly needed a bat.

I like the trade. Lots of chatter bemoaning the fact we didn't get Skippy Dunderfuck from AAA Albuquerque or Tommy Stinkycunt from AA Altoona. Sometimes the prospects work out, sometimes they don't. How's Matt LaPorta doing? Given the desire to immediately contend again in '15, I'd rather get the proven hitter.

People are also saying we didn't get enough for Lester. You're not getting a king's ransom for a two month rental. You got a major league ready, power hitting outfielder with good numbers in a shitty hitter's park.

I'll be honest, part of me is in total fanboy mode, believing Lester will re-sign here after the season irregardless. Part of me thinks there was a wink-wink deal to trade him, get a bat, then get him back and start fresh in '15. Of course, there's no fucking way that's happening, but it soothes the sting of such a stupid move. You get Cespedes through next year, hitting in Fenway during a contract year, or you try to flip him to Miami for Stanton.

Now, if you'll excuse me...

So cute you still like baseball doe.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Gregs Kite » 31 Jul 2014, 11:49

Here ya go, buddy, play with these for a while...

You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to Just another team.