The Official 2013 World Champion Red Sox Thread

The Boston Red Sox

Re: The Official 2013 World Champion Red Sox Thread

Postby Gregs Kite » 21 Nov 2013, 15:53

You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Frank the Tank » 21 Nov 2013, 16:15

Want the World Series lineup card from the Red Sox dugout from Game 6?

What's going to be the final bid? I'm guessing $13,800.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Dec 2013, 08:32

This isn't big enough to start an off-season thread, but our Sox have signed AJ Pierzynski

Welp, so long Salty and your glorious jew-fro:

I guess they have some catcher named Christian Vasquez on-deck in the minors, so AJ is a placeholder for a year. I look forward to him coming up to the big club and acting like I've heard of him all along.
You fuckers ruined kite.

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Gregs Kite » 04 Dec 2013, 08:05

I have no feeling whatsoever about Ellsbury leaving. Sox fans have known he was gone for a couple years now, so this is no surprise. The real surprise was that he rooked the Yankees into giving him seven years and an option for an eighth. Any time you can pay $20 million a year to a dude who's hit more than 9 HRs in a season once, well, you know...

I did hear an interesting bit about Boras getting Ellsbury to the Yankees as an eff you to Cano for leaving him and signing Jay-Z.

The Sox have Yoke's boy JBJ ready to go this year, and will likely sign someone else to platoon with him in center until he's fully ready. Like Prez said, Ellsbury did his job and was part of two titles. Thanks for your time, enjoy the Bronx. At least until they get fed up and trade you to Seattle in year three.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 04 Dec 2013, 08:39

JBJ is the streakiest guy in the world...you're gonna have a lean month or two with him but when he gets hot, holy shit it's good times. vlad hitting dongers off his shoe tops good.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Gregs Kite » 04 Dec 2013, 11:01

Lil Wayne got our back, Nation:

You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Frank the Tank » 04 Dec 2013, 11:46

Matching this offer would have been lunacy. I do think the Yankees overpaid. I don't blame the Sox for letting him walk, and I don't blame Ellsbury for cashing in. I would've given him a standing O if he was coming back to Fenway for his first game with the Mariners. But now he's with the enemy and any Ellsbury stuff in my house is getting tossed. Tank Jr and I were at the game where Ellsbury stole home against the Yankees, and I got him one of those Steiner Sports plaques with a pic of Ellsbury stealing home for Christmas that year. That plaque came off the wall last night.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby mj3528 » 04 Dec 2013, 11:48

Frank the Tank wrote:Matching this offer would have been lunacy. I do think the Yankees overpaid. I don't blame the Sox for letting him walk, and I don't blame Ellsbury for cashing in. I would've given him a standing O if he was coming back to Fenway for his first game with the Mariners. But now he's with the enemy and any Ellsbury stuff in my house is getting tossed. Tank Jr and I were at the game where Ellsbury stole home against the Yankees, and I got him one of those Steiner Sports plaques with a pic of Ellsbury stealing home for Christmas that year. That plaque came off the wall last night.

Where else was Ellsbury going to go? No other team would have paid him that money. If the Dodgers and Angels didn't have their outfields set, maybe those two would have been potential landing spots.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 04 Dec 2013, 11:51

mj3528 wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Matching this offer would have been lunacy. I do think the Yankees overpaid. I don't blame the Sox for letting him walk, and I don't blame Ellsbury for cashing in. I would've given him a standing O if he was coming back to Fenway for his first game with the Mariners. But now he's with the enemy and any Ellsbury stuff in my house is getting tossed. Tank Jr and I were at the game where Ellsbury stole home against the Yankees, and I got him one of those Steiner Sports plaques with a pic of Ellsbury stealing home for Christmas that year. That plaque came off the wall last night.

Where else was Ellsbury going to go? No other team would have paid him that money. If the Dodgers and Angels didn't have their outfields set, maybe those two would have been potential landing spots.

I heard Seattle and Texas. I never discounted the Dodgers either, because they're genuinely retarded.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 04 Dec 2013, 11:54

Gregs Kite wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

I heard Seattle and Texas. I never discounted the Dodgers either, because they're genuinely retarded.

Seattle and Texas were probably Boras plants. Guy can create a bidding market when one does not exist.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 04 Dec 2013, 11:57

mj3528 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

Seattle and Texas were probably Boras plants. Guy can create a bidding market when one does not exist.

Ellsbury is from Oregon, was looking for the most money, and the Ms have money to spend. I think they were a serious destination.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Rodney Farva » 04 Dec 2013, 12:33

supposebly the m's are in on cano. uh huh.

7 years with his injury history and being on the wrong side of 30?
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 04 Dec 2013, 13:19

SouthernYokel wrote:JBJ is the streakiest guy in the world...you're gonna have a lean month or two with him but when he gets hot, holy shit it's good times. vlad hitting dongers off his shoe tops good.

Brian Kenny ‏@MrBrianKenny 3m

Red Sox should just plug in Jackie Bradley, Jr.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Frank the Tank » 04 Dec 2013, 13:26

I thought the Yankees wouldn't pay that kind of money. If the market was 5 yrs $90M then I could definitely see Seattle in play. At the price he got the Yankees were definitely the only market, but I thought the market for a 7 year Jacoby deal would be zero. I don't think anyone else would offer even 6/$120M, but Boras must've at least convinced the Yanks that was on the table somewhere, otherwise the Yanks would've come down a year.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Gregs Kite » 04 Dec 2013, 13:29

A lot of the aftermath I'm reading is focusing on the marketability of Ellsbury as a reason they went so overboard. Apparently not a lot of people watch the YES! Network or want to pony up $2500 for front row seats to watch Eduardo Nunez and Lyle Overbay. Just a perfect storm to get Ells his money and the Yankees someone to put asses in seats.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to Just another team.