Your Official 2012 Boston Red Sox Thread!

The Boston Red Sox

Re: Your Official 2012 Boston Red Sox Thread!

Postby Prez » 13 Sep 2012, 14:38

Gregs Kite wrote:Sox for sale.

Smart. Run the team into the ground and sell off. I'm in.

Estimated value is between 1 and 1.3 Billion, "into the ground" is a relative term.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby Gregs Kite » 13 Sep 2012, 14:39

Prez wrote:

Estimated value is between 1 and 1.3 Billion, "into the ground" is a relative term.

The roster is a lump of shit. Either way, PM me all your financial information and let's see if we can get this thing done. Tank, you too. Balls, go play with these shiny keys.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Prez » 13 Sep 2012, 14:46

Gregs Kite wrote:
Prez wrote:

The roster is a lump of shit.

I don't disagree, but the point remains that as a business decision it isn't a terrible idea. I believe they bought the Sox for $660 million in 2002, so to double the worth in 10 yrs is a solid business plan...lump of shit roster aside.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby Gregs Kite » 13 Sep 2012, 15:00

Prez wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Prez wrote:

I don't disagree, but the point remains that as a business decision it isn't a terrible idea. I believe they bought the Sox for $660 million in 2002, so to double the worth in 10 yrs is a solid business plan...lump of shit roster aside.

Hang on, I said I was in. I want these guys out, they've lost their fastball and are notorious carpetbaggers already. I'm Soxed up for the new owners.
You fuckers ruined kite.

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 13 Sep 2012, 15:02

Gregs Kite wrote:
Prez wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Prez wrote:

Hang on, I said I was in. I want these guys out, they've lost their fastball and are notorious carpetbaggers already. I'm Soxed up for the new owners.

good plan for them to leave as the 5 year championship grace period expires
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Prez » 03 Oct 2012, 08:02

Thankfully, we just made it under the wire for the 5 year grace period...
Prez
The MAWG

Postby bosux » 03 Oct 2012, 13:09

by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Oct 2012, 15:01

Prez wrote:Thankfully, we just made it under the wire for the 5 year grace period...

Which is good because the outlook for next year is an easy World Series title. Most likely back to back and three of the next four. I'm psyched.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Frank the Tank » 04 Oct 2012, 12:11

Email I got is below. Note: I am not a season ticket holder, but because I have a ten game plan I'm on the season ticket holder email list.

Boston Red Sox 2012 Season Ticket Holders

Minutes ago we announced that Bobby Valentine will not return as the manager of the Red Sox for the 2013 season. Please find the attached press release which provides more information on the decision along with statements from our ownership, GM Ben Cherington and Bobby Valentine.

Our focus this offseason is to build a team you can be proud of once again. It’s a re-construction project that has already begun, and there is much more to do.

Thank you for your continued support and we appreciate you being with us each step of the way.

Sam Kennedy

Chief Operating Officer

BOBBY VALENTINE WILL NOT RETURN

AS RED SOX MANAGER IN 2013

BOSTON, MA – The Boston Red Sox today announced, following a meeting among team leaders and Manager Bobby Valentine, that Bobby will not return in 2013. A search for a new manager will begin immediately.

“Our 2012 season was disappointing for many reasons,” said Executive Vice-President/General Manager Ben Cherington, who made the announcement and who will lead the search. “No single issue is the reason, and no single individual is to blame. We’ve been making personnel changes since August, and we will continue to do so as we build a contending club. With an historic number of injuries, Bobby was dealt a difficult hand. He did the best he could under seriously adverse circumstances, and I am thankful to him.”

The Red Sox used 56 players in 2012, the most in club history. Their 9-player blockbuster trade August 25 with the Los Angeles Dodgers was their largest in 40 years.

“This year’s won-loss record reflects a season of agony,” said Red Sox President/CEO Larry Lucchino. “It begs for changes, some of which have already transpired. More will come. We are determined to fix that which is broken and return the Red Sox to the level of success we have experienced over the past decade.

“Difficult as it is to judge a manager amid a season that had an epidemic of injuries, we feel we need to make changes. Bobby leaves the Red Sox’ manager’s office with our respect, gratitude, and affection. I have no doubt that he will continue to contribute to the game he loves so much and knows so well.”

Red Sox Chairman Tom Werner said, “This season was by far the worst we have experienced in over ten years here. Ultimately, we are all collectively responsible for the team’s performance. We are going to be working tirelessly to reconstruct the ballclub for 2013. We’ll be back.

“We thank Bobby for the many contributions he made and for the energy he brought each day. He is a baseball man through and through.”

Red Sox Principal Owner John Henry said, “In our meeting with Bobby today, he handled everything with dignity and class, and it is deeply appreciated. Ultimately, we as owners are responsible for arming our organization with the resources—intellectual, physical, and financial—to return to the levels of competitiveness to which we aspire and to which our fans are accustomed. Our commitment to winning is unwavering. It is a commitment to this team, to this city, and to these fans who have supported us through thick and thin.

“We have confidence in Ben Cherington and the kind of baseball organization he is determined to build.”

“I understand this decision,” said Valentine. “This year in Boston has been an incredible experience for me, but I am as disappointed in the results as are ownership and the great fans of Red Sox Nation.

“It was a privilege to be part of the 100 year anniversary of Fenway Park and an honor to be in uniform with such great players and coaches. My best to the organization. I’m sure next year will be a turnaround year.”

--RED SOX--
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby someguysomewhere » 04 Oct 2012, 12:43

So, they've got to fire the whole coaching staff, right?
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Frank the Tank » 04 Oct 2012, 12:48

someguysomewhere wrote:So, they've got to fire the whole coaching staff, right?

Not immediately. They'll figure out who they want in that position and if the new coach wants to keep end or two it'll be his call.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Gregs Kite » 04 Oct 2012, 21:20

Frank the Tank wrote:

Not immediately. They'll figure out who they want in that position and if the new coach wants to keep end or two it'll be his call.

They're rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Lucchino is the problem. My hope is Henry lets Cherington flush the toilet and can everyone. At this point you press reset and start anew. That means everyone with ties to Francona goes now. They have such a hardo for John Farrell, but who knows who he wants on his staff.

That's what she said.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby someguysomewhere » 04 Oct 2012, 22:32

Gregs Kite wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

They're rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Lucchino is the problem. My hope is Henry lets Cherington flush the toilet and can everyone. At this point you press reset and start anew. That means everyone with ties to Francona goes now. They have such a hardo for John Farrell, but who knows who he wants on his staff.

That's what she said.

Well he certainly did a great job turning the Blue Jays around getting them back into the playoff race.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Gregs Kite » 05 Oct 2012, 06:32

someguysomewhere wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

That's what she said.

Well he certainly did a great job turning the Blue Jays around getting them back into the playoff race.

The popular sentiment is, "well, Francona shit the bed in his first go round as manager and he turned out all right." Obviously Farrell will come in here, kick ass and pop the bubbly. I don't get the obsession either. And of course we are all forgetting how overrated a baseball manager is irregardless.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 08 Oct 2012, 15:18

overrated as a positive force yes. but i think there's a clear number of wins (10? 20?) that bobby v beat out of the sox so at least there's that.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

PreviousNext

Return to Just another team.