Your 2011 Boston Red Sox!

The Boston Red Sox

Your 2011 Boston Red Sox!

Postby Rickey Sez » 08 Feb 2011, 00:04

Gonzalez! Crawford! Cap'n Cancer! Your 2011 Boston Red Sox!

Happy Truck Day!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
User avatar
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )
 
Posts: 7490
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 09:25

Re: Your 2011 Boston Red Sox!

Postby Rodney Farva » 08 Feb 2011, 01:48

dear richard sex,

we did this last year, but go ahead and pretend you're terry "tito" francona and write your lineup card, line up your rotation, bullpen and bench, and provide suitable commentary on your choices throughout. theny and balls want to know but are too shy to ask.

thanks
rodney "rod" farva
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 24243
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: Your 2011 Boston Red Sox!

Postby Rickey Sez » 08 Feb 2011, 11:02

Rodney Farva wrote:dear richard sex,

we did this last year, but go ahead and pretend you're terry "tito" francona and write your lineup card, line up your rotation, bullpen and bench, and provide suitable commentary on your choices throughout. theny and balls want to know but are too shy to ask.

thanks
rodney "rod" farva


Dear Rod,

Thank you for interest in Red Sox baseball. I've been giving a lot of thought to the batting order recently, and what I've come up with is that the order really doesn't matter so much as long as you keep the heavy hitters bunched together in the middle of the lineup, ideally with some high OBP guys to get on in front of them.

And therein lies the one problem with this Red Sox lineup -- there's no ideal leadoff hitter. You've got the speedy Ellsbury, but he hasn't shown the ability to stay healthy or get on base at a high-enough clip to make me comfortable batting him leadoff. You've got the also-speedy Carl Crawford, but he also doesn't get on base a ton. And with his SLG% trending upwards, it's nicer to have him batting a little lower in the order. Which leaves JD Drew, who historically gets on base at a high rate, though his OBP was a rather low .341.

The other thing to consider is that the starting lineup is lefty-heavy, so you don't want to bunch the left-handed hitters together for a LOOGY to mow down late in the game.

Well, I'm going to have to lead someone off, so againt RH starters I'd throw a lineup like this out there:

1. Ellsbury -- CF
2. Crawford -- LF
3. Youkilis -- 3B
4. Gonzalez -- 1B
5. Pedroia -- 2B
6. Ortiz -- DH
7. Lowrie -- SS
8. JD DRU -- RF
9. Salty - C

Yeah, I went with Ellsbury in the leadoff spot. Someone has to hit there, and if the Sox do see him as a lead-off type guy then they might as well throw him up there to sink or swim, at least to start. Throw Crawford behind him. Youk and Gonzalez are pretty self-explanatory. I like Pedroia batting 5th to keep the L/R switches going, and he historically hits RHP better than LHP. Lowrie plays SS -- the offensive upgrade over Scutaro is too much for me to leave him on the bench. Someone has to hit 8th, and it's going to be DRU. Salty bats 9th.

Now, against LH starting pitchers, shit gets crazy. I think you're going to see a whole slew of lineups over the course of a year. Ortiz and DRU can't hit lefties at all anymore, to the point that I'd rather have Darnell McDonald and Varitek (as DH) in there vs. lefties. Crawford has a pronounced platoon split. (Ellsbury does not.) So, for shits and giggles, here's what I'd throw out there, at least to start the season.

1. Ellsbury --CF
2. Pedroia -- 2B
3. Gonzalez -- 1B
4. Youkilis -- 3B
5. Lowrie -- SS
6. Cameron -- RF
7. Varitek -- C
8. Crawford -- LF
9. Darnell McDonald -- DH

Ellsbury has a career reverse platoon split (hits lefties better than righties), so he stays up top. Pedroia (still has a high-ish career OBP vs lefties) moves up to the 2nd spot. Gonzalez (reverse platoon split in 2010) and Youk flip-flop to keep the alternating L/R going. Lowrie kills LHP (granted, smallish sample size) so he hits 5th. Cameron's in for DRU, batting 6th. Tek can still hit lefties to the tune of an .800 OPS, so he catches, batting 7th. Crawford and his career .697 OPS vs. LHP bat 8th, and Darnell McDonald, for lack of a better option, DHs and bats 9th.

Obviously, they're not going to pay Crawford $142 million to bat 8th, but hey, that's what I would do vs. lefty starters. Also, ideally they'd look for a platoon partner for Ortiz that isn't Darnell McDonald, but there's a whole 4-5 months to find that guy.

If you look at the splits, this is a lineup that should murder right handed pitching and struggle a bit against lefties, which is why it's pretty huge that the Yankees didn't sign Cliff Lee. (Duh.) I'll get to the pitchers later, but the rotation -- barring injury -- is pretty much set. You can argue over order all you want, but that doesn't matter so much.
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
User avatar
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )
 
Posts: 7490
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 09:25

Re: Your 2011 Boston Red Sox!

Postby bosux » 08 Feb 2011, 20:44

RICKAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!1111
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
User avatar
bosux
Dr. Poop
 
Posts: 16798
Joined: 08 Jun 2005, 10:31
Location: river ave garage, top deck

Re: Your 2011 Boston Red Sox!

Postby Theny » 24 Feb 2011, 08:50

I brought this up in the shoutbox yesterday but might as well post it. The Lunchpails hired a private eye to follow around Carl Darkie Crawford for 3 months before vastly overpaying him. Shockingly you didn't hear this when they signed John Lackey. Shockingly.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 29989
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Your 2011 Boston Red Sox!

Postby 700 Level » 24 Feb 2011, 09:29

Theny wrote:I brought this up in the shoutbox yesterday but might as well post it. The Lunchpails hired a private eye to follow around Carl Darkie Crawford for 3 months before vastly overpaying him. Shockingly you didn't hear this when they signed John Lackey. Shockingly.


But we're not racist, can't you understand that!

By the way, you are no longer allowed to post in this thread. You married one of "those".

Sincerely,
The Nation
"It's insane, this guy's taint!"
User avatar
700 Level
Another dude worth meeting
 
Posts: 623
Joined: 09 Aug 2005, 12:19
Location: Scramblin'

Re: Your 2011 Boston Red Sox!

Postby Prez » 24 Feb 2011, 09:36

Theny wrote:The Lunchpails hired a private eye to follow around Carl Darkie Crawford for 3 months before vastly overpaying him.


Probably a good idea for anyone you're investing that much money in.


Theny wrote:Shockingly you didn't hear this when they signed John Lackey.


Just because you didn't hear about it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
User avatar
Prez
The MAWG
 
Posts: 9867
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 08:53
Location: Ballz deep in golf groupie pussy

Re: Your 2011 Boston Red Sox!

Postby Rickey Sez » 24 Feb 2011, 10:34

Prez wrote:
Theny wrote:The Lunchpails hired a private eye to follow around Carl Darkie Crawford for 3 months before vastly overpaying him.


Probably a good idea for anyone you're investing that much money in.


Theny wrote:Shockingly you didn't hear this when they signed John Lackey.


Just because you didn't hear about it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.


And the only reason anyone heard about it in the first place is that Theo Epstein mentioned it himself in a radio interview. So it's not like he was trying to hide anything. He also said that it's pretty much standard practice to do that to everyone they consider signing to a long-term contract. (i.e. John Lackey.)
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
User avatar
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )
 
Posts: 7490
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 09:25

Re: Your 2011 Boston Red Sox!

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 24 Feb 2011, 10:48

sure.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 29374
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Your 2011 Boston Red Sox!

Postby Rodney Farva » 24 Feb 2011, 11:13

jon heyman, still the worst writer around.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 24243
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: Your 2011 Boston Red Sox!

Postby Theny » 24 Feb 2011, 12:45

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:sure.



Real talk.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 29989
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Your 2011 Boston Red Sox!

Postby nova » 24 Feb 2011, 18:14

Rickey Sez wrote:And the only reason anyone heard about it in the first place is that Theo Epstein mentioned it himself in a radio interview. So it's not like he was trying to hide anything. He also said that it's pretty much standard practice to do that to everyone they consider signing to a long-term contract. (i.e. John Lackey.)


That, or he's assuring THE NATION that they did their due diligence and they've got a good one. Nobody wants to have a Pacman Jones case on their hands where there's so much talent but even more niggerosity that will harm your team. I don't doubt it, but months and months at a time? Nigga please.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
User avatar
nova
Thrifty Negro
 
Posts: 25369
Joined: 04 Aug 2005, 16:04
Location: King's Tower | Los Angeles, CA

Re: Your 2011 Boston Red Sox!

Postby Theny » 24 Feb 2011, 23:21

nasty nova wrote:
Rickey Sez wrote:And the only reason anyone heard about it in the first place is that Theo Epstein mentioned it himself in a radio interview. So it's not like he was trying to hide anything. He also said that it's pretty much standard practice to do that to everyone they consider signing to a long-term contract. (i.e. John Lackey.)


That, or he's assuring THE NATION that they did their due diligence and they've got a good one. Nobody wants to have a Pacman Jones case on their hands where there's so much talent but even more niggerosity that will harm your team. I don't doubt it, but months and months at a time? Nigga please.


your opinion doesntmean shit nova.we take our racial opinions from CT mawgs, guys in new Hampshire and Ireland, and guys with un-ironic theo Epstein Superman avatars. No worries.

If they say Lackey was followed around for months to than who are we to argue?
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 29989
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Your 2011 Boston Red Sox!

Postby JichaelDick » 25 Feb 2011, 10:52

Theny wrote:
nasty nova wrote:
Rickey Sez wrote:And the only reason anyone heard about it in the first place is that Theo Epstein mentioned it himself in a radio interview. So it's not like he was trying to hide anything. He also said that it's pretty much standard practice to do that to everyone they consider signing to a long-term contract. (i.e. John Lackey.)


That, or he's assuring THE NATION that they did their due diligence and they've got a good one. Nobody wants to have a Pacman Jones case on their hands where there's so much talent but even more niggerosity that will harm your team. I don't doubt it, but months and months at a time? Nigga please.


your opinion doesntmean shit nova.we take our racial opinions from CT mawgs, guys in new Hampshire and Ireland, and guys with un-ironic theo Epstein Superman avatars. No worries.


I think the fact that you're not taking your racial opinions from a white-bread Alabamian means we've moved somewhat forward in the 21st century.

Crawford, for the record, is by all accounts a great guy. When I was in Tampa, the people there couldn't say enough good things about him, Price, and B.J. Upton, which was kind of odd.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 25068
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Re: Your 2011 Boston Red Sox!

Postby Prez » 25 Feb 2011, 10:55

JichaelDick wrote:Crawford, for the record, is by all accounts a great guy. When I was in Tampa, the people there couldn't say enough good things about him, Price, and B.J. Upton, which was kind of odd.


Racist.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
User avatar
Prez
The MAWG
 
Posts: 9867
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 08:53
Location: Ballz deep in golf groupie pussy

Next

Return to Just another team.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest