The Official 2010 Season Red Sox Thread

The Boston Red Sox

Re: The Official 2010 Season Red Sox Thread

Postby Gregs Kite » 23 Sep 2010, 17:08

Frank the Tank wrote:I wouldn't say the Sox "fucked up" on Teixeira. They offered 8/$160MM. When Teixeira wouldn't sign after the Sox flew out to meet him I think it was clear that the Yankees were planning on adding $10MM to any offer Boston put on the table.

I believe Tony Massarotti when he says they essentially fucked up on Texeira. I'm stealing his lines but why fly down to Texas for a face-to-face if you weren't going to try to close it that night? I think Lucchino fucked it up because he's a stubborn arrogant prick who had a cock-off with Boras and all of a sudden they leave with no deal. Mazz says (and I believe this) they offered 170 million, and should have had him at 185, which is less than two mill a year over the life of the contract. Sack up and flex those nuts for a switch hitting first baseman in his prime. But no, they fucked up and had to scramble for Plans C and D in Beltre and other assorted jetsam.

Ipso facto, I still think they need A-Gon. You're spending $170 million with no true power presence at cleanup. Horsepoop.

And Re: Dice-K. Whatever. I'll cherish my Official pink chopsticks and #18 gi. Totally worth the investment.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Gregs Kite » 26 Sep 2010, 23:13

That should just about do it. What a brutal way to officially kill the season. Paps should avoid signing any long term leases in the greater Boston area. What a disaster. No way he's back next year. Give the keys to Danny Boy and start your Bard-ons.

The one bright spot I can take from this is it appears Girardi is managing in between interviews with the Cubs right now, so that's neat. Course those assholes will probably win 11 straight in the tournament. Lucky fucks.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Frank the Tank » 27 Sep 2010, 04:33

Agreed. The Sox were D-U-N before first pitch last night, but it was fitting that another blown save by Papelbon in the Bronx is what made it official. However I'm not so sure Papelbon is gone next season. With just one season to go before free agency they're not going to get huge value for him. I don't see him sticking around in 2012 though. Of course just five months ago they were talking about trading Papi and eating most of his salary, and now they're talking about exercising his $12.5M option, so things can always change in a hurry.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Jew Jitsu » 08 Nov 2010, 23:31

CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Previous

Return to Just another team.