The Jacoby Ellsbury Appreciation Thread

The Boston Red Sox

Postby Briandong79 » 31 Oct 2007, 16:26

Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:Because I am the dreaded baseball bigamist.

I know, just jokes.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Theny » 01 Nov 2007, 07:24

Hey, it's worked for Simmons.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Dunking Donut » 07 Dec 2007, 10:19

From today's Boston Globe :
Jacoby Ellsbury, who survived the winter meetings and remains the hot property of the Red Sox, will be appearing in Boston today, and in North Attleborough tomorrow, in a couple of autograph signing events.

Ellsbury will be appearing at the F.Y.E. store at 411 Washington Street Boston, at 4 p.m. today to sign copies of the Red Sox 2007 World Series DVD.

Ellsbury is also signing autographs tomorrow at Emerald Square Mall in North Attleborough at Sports Treasures, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. It will cost fans $125.00 to get a baseball or photograph (up to 16x20) signed by the Sox rookie outfielder (you provide the item). For $150.00, Ellsbury will autograph a baseball bat or jersey/shirt.

Ellsbury will not be posing for photographs at the Sports Treasures signing, according to store owner David Paulhus, but you may be allowed to take a picture of Ellsbury signing items.

And at this hour, there has been no indication that Ellsbury's agent, the venerable Scott Boras, will be appearing at either of the signing events.

$125! Dude, if I was an athelete I'd just sign for free. Whatever. I hate that he dumped his agent to go with Boras. That sucks.
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Theny » 07 Dec 2007, 10:22

dunk wrote:$125! Dude, if I was an athelete I'd just sign for free. Whatever.

Dude, he's the best young player in baseball (!!!!), and you know he's gonna have no problem getting people to pay that much. Suckers.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby someguysomewhere » 07 Dec 2007, 10:32

I think I'd go the Bill Russell route on this one. No autographs. Period.

Stop and have a chat with the fans. Have your picture taken and all that.

But no autographs. I'd hate to charge people for the autograph, but on the other hand, there's also a market for it, and I don't like the idea of some random db making cash off of it.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 07 Dec 2007, 10:32

Geez, 3 months in the majors and he already has Boras as an agent? This may not bode so well down the road.
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 07 Dec 2007, 12:09

Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:Geez, 3 months in the majors and he already has Boras as an agent? This may not bode so well down the road.

Yeah, for some poor teams wallet. He'll be overpaid by at least $3-5 mil/yr with Boras.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 07 Dec 2007, 12:13

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:Geez, 3 months in the majors and he already has Boras as an agent? This may not bode so well down the road.

Yeah, for some poor teams wallet. He'll be overpaid by at least $3-5 mil/yr with Boras.
He doesn't have the MLB service time for a crazy contract yet. He is under the Sox control for something like 5 years before he can cash in.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby Dunking Donut » 07 Dec 2007, 12:44

If they trade Coco he can hold out and get the contract re-negotiated more favorably.
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 07 Dec 2007, 13:10

Dunking Donut wrote:If they trade Coco he can hold out and get the contract re-negotiated more favorably.

Baseball players don't hold out because it pushes arbitration back further and then it takes them longer to become a free agent.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby sportsdorkhater » 07 Dec 2007, 15:00

someguysomewhere wrote:I think I'd go the Bill Russell route on this one. No autographs. Period.

Stop and have a chat with the fans. Have your picture taken and all that.

But no autographs. I'd hate to charge people for the autograph, but on the other hand, there's also a market for it, and I don't like the idea of some random db making cash off of it.

Russell used to have that policy but he will sign for a fee. He still wont sign if you saw him in public and asked him, but he has made the rounds at sports memorabilia shows in the past.

ETA: autographs are gay and I cant imagine ever asking for one.
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby Theny » 07 Dec 2007, 15:04

sportsdorkhater wrote:ETA: autographs are gay and I cant imagine ever asking for one.

Agreed. I'd feel like a second class human being stooping to that level. Yeah, the dude can hit a baseball well, big fucking deal...
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 07 Dec 2007, 15:12

Theny wrote:
sportsdorkhater wrote:ETA: autographs are gay and I cant imagine ever asking for one.

Agreed. I'd feel like a second class human being stooping to that level. Yeah, the dude can hit a baseball well, big fucking deal...

Fuck you guys. I don't what I'd do without my picture of Clarence Weatherspoon autographed by Shawn Bradley.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 07 Dec 2007, 15:43

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Theny wrote:

Fuck you guys. I don't what I'd do without my picture of Clarence Weatherspoon autographed by Shawn Bradley.

Do you really have that? See, thats classic. Those 2 were the definition of Brutal Sixers hoops in the early 90s.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 07 Dec 2007, 15:49

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Theny wrote:

Do you really have that? See, thats classic. Those 2 were the definition of Brutal Sixers hoops in the early 90s.

Yes I actually have that. I was still in high school, went down and saw a Sixers/Sonics game in the Tacoma Dome (Key Arena was being renovated). I had a program and Weatherspoon was on the cover. As I'm going to my seats, Shawn Bradley is walking off the floor and walks right by me. I ask for the autograph and all I have is the program with Weatherspoon on it. So that's that.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

PreviousNext

Return to Just another team.