Official "How is There Not a Dustin Pedroia Thread"

The Boston Red Sox

Re: Official "How is There Not a Dustin Pedroia Thread"

Postby Gregs Kite » 25 Jul 2013, 07:27

Prez wrote:I was all for the 7 yr $100 mil contract, but now that I know it's 8 yr $110 mil, it looks a little more risky.

I think Pedroia will be wearing the captains "C" next season.

If these clowns bust out the C on the jersey again I will be upset. That shit with Varitek was gayer than Cheese's initiation night at Kappa.

I don't like the full no trade clause. Unless he starts on a serious HGH program, he ain't lasting eight years.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Prez » 25 Jul 2013, 07:57

Gregs Kite wrote:
Prez wrote:I was all for the 7 yr $100 mil contract, but now that I know it's 8 yr $110 mil, it looks a little more risky.

If these clowns bust out the C on the jersey again I will be upset. That shit with Varitek was gayer than Cheese's initiation night at Kappa.

I don't like the full no trade clause. Unless he starts on a serious HGH program, he ain't lasting eight years.

The good news for you is that since you canceled cable, you don't have to watch it :mrgreen:
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby Gregs Kite » 25 Jul 2013, 08:00

Prez wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

The good news for you is that since you canceled cable, you don't have to watch it :mrgreen:

I'm resourceful, been watching the boys since the AS break ended. ;)
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Prez » 06 Nov 2013, 07:56

This scrappy, hard-nosed, gritty, underdog, prepares for surgery on his thumb

Pedroia conceded that while the injury to his thumb made for a long, painful season (he injured it the first game of the year sliding head-first into first base), he learned quickly how to compensate for it.

"It was a grind some days, but my teammates were great at picking me up just at the right time. Besides, I didn't want to miss out. I knew from Day 1 this was a special season."
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby bosux » 22 Apr 2014, 14:09

by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Prez » 02 Apr 2015, 12:29

My youngest kids coaches 2 travel baseball teams, a 12U team in the spring and a 16U team in the summer. The sports complex that sponsors the teams has a merchandising deal with Wilson so he can order stuff cheap. He just ordered a new glove, it's the Little Dutty A2K DP15 Dustin Pedroia model. He got it for 1/2 price, $175 I believe.

Prez
The MAWG

Postby TheWolf » 02 Apr 2015, 12:37

$175 is half price? Even at that steep discount, it seems awfully excessive for a kid's glove.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Prez » 02 Apr 2015, 12:39

TheWolf wrote:$175 is half price? Even at that steep discount, it seems awfully excessive for a kid's glove.

Not a kid's glove. It's the same model that Little Dutty uses in games. My "kid" is almost 20.
Prez
The MAWG

Postby TheWolf » 02 Apr 2015, 12:43

Prez wrote:
TheWolf wrote:$175 is half price? Even at that steep discount, it seems awfully excessive for a kid's glove.

Not a kid's glove. It's the same model that Little Dutty uses in games. My "kid" is almost 20.

I misread that and for some reason thought he was using the discount to get gloves for the kids on his team. He bought it for himself, gotcha. Still a lot of pay for a glove IMHO, but to each his own. My $60 glove has gotten me through about 8 softball seasons with no complaints. I did buy a new one last year because the one I've been using is a little small for outfield play, but there's nothing wrong with the old one and I continue to use both.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Prez » 02 Apr 2015, 12:50

TheWolf wrote:
Prez wrote:

I misread that and for some reason thought he was using the discount to get gloves for the kids on his team. He bought it for himself, gotcha. Still a lot of pay for a glove IMHO, but to each his own. My $60 glove has gotten me through about 8 softball seasons with no complaints. I did buy a new one last year because the one I've been using is a little small for outfield play, but there's nothing wrong with the old one and I continue to use both.

I don't disagree that it's a lot of money for a glove but I ain't paying for it so w.e.
FYI, I'm guessing every kid on his team has a glove that costs at least that much. Remember, this is travel baseball, not Little League... the families are all loaded and little Johnny has to have all the latest gear to get him to the Majors. I think the season runs each family about $3K, plus they travel to tournaments out of state. It's a scene, man.
Prez
The MAWG

Postby TheWolf » 02 Apr 2015, 12:51

Very good point re: travel vs. little league. Those parents are nuts.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Prez » 25 Sep 2016, 18:05

Prez
The MAWG

Previous

Return to Just another team.