Name That Obscure Red Sox Player

The Boston Red Sox

Re: Name That Obscure Red Sox Player

Postby Briandong79 » 09 Jun 2008, 10:33

Kevin Romine's kid is playing for the local minor league team here (Angels Single A)
http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs. ... 75669/1056
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31130
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Name That Obscure Red Sox Player

Postby SouthernYokel » 09 Jun 2008, 10:53

Briandean79 wrote:Kevin Romine's kid is playing for the local minor league team here (Angels Single A)
http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs. ... 75669/1056" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


jesus, is every romine to ever live in professional baseball?
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29808
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Name That Obscure Red Sox Player

Postby TheWolf » 10 Jun 2008, 06:17

SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandean79 wrote:Kevin Romine's kid is playing for the local minor league team here (Angels Single A)
http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs. ... 75669/1056" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


jesus, is every romine to ever live in professional baseball?


At least 2 out of 3.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 18396
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: Name That Obscure Red Sox Player

Postby Dick Hertz » 10 Jun 2008, 11:01

TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandean79 wrote:Kevin Romine's kid is playing for the local minor league team here (Angels Single A)
http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs. ... 75669/1056" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


jesus, is every romine to ever live in professional baseball?


At least 2 out of 3.


I'm not sure how many people will get this, but I did. The 3rd is probably talented in other ways.
User avatar
Dick Hertz
Gray
 
Posts: 4223
Joined: 12 Apr 2006, 18:13

Re: Name That Obscure Red Sox Player

Postby Gregs Kite » 14 Feb 2010, 22:32

Before he was famous:

User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23715
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Name That Obscure Red Sox Player

Postby Rodney Farva » 01 Dec 2015, 19:50

Anyone else think they paid way too much for price? Probably bid against themselves.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 24977
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: Name That Obscure Red Sox Player

Postby Frank the Tank » 01 Dec 2015, 19:56

Rodney Farva wrote:Anyone else think they paid way too much for price? Probably bid against themselves.


Way too much. 6yrs $140MM seemed about right to me. I understand the Sox don't get him at that price, but I'm ok with that.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31556
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: Name That Obscure Red Sox Player

Postby Theny » 01 Dec 2015, 21:55

You pay these free agent pitchers for playoff wins. :?
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30547
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Name That Obscure Red Sox Player

Postby bosux » 02 Dec 2015, 07:42

Quietly solid move by this scrappy bunch of loveable bearded idiots
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
User avatar
bosux
Dr. Poop
 
Posts: 17416
Joined: 08 Jun 2005, 10:31
Location: river ave garage, top deck

Re: Name That Obscure Red Sox Player

Postby Gregs Kite » 02 Dec 2015, 07:51

They blew their trade wad by giving away four prospects for an NL West closer (AWESOME MOVE BTW), thus negating any chance to throw together a pu pu platter for Chris Sale, Sonny Gray, or Jose Fernandez. So they painted themselves into a corner, needing to overpay for one, and they did.

BUT, they're the Red Sox and this is baseball so they flexed nuts, like any big market team would. Just like LA, NY, Philly and other financial powerhouses can afford this nonsense. Putting fresh eyes on it I no longer despise this move. Barring injury, this will be a three year contract, where Price will pitch his ass off in year three and opt out. I'm okay with that. The issue is gonna come when he gets us to the play-offs and pukes on himself against the Twins or someone.

Pretty psyched to see this guy in Boston. Guarantee at the press conference Friday they have some orchestrated "surprise" appearance by Papi to show that there's no hard feelings. Price also seems to be one of these young athuletes all about the social media, and I'm curious to see what happens after a couple bad starts and Sullysco from Quincy starts chirping at him.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23715
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Name That Obscure Red Sox Player

Postby Frank the Tank » 02 Dec 2015, 08:34

I'm worried about him blowing out his elbow in year two or three and deciding NOT to opt out. If it winds up being a three year contract then it's ok. But there's tremendous downside potential (RIP) there.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 31556
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: Name That Obscure Red Sox Player

Postby JT99 » 02 Dec 2015, 08:55

Gregs Kite wrote:Pretty psyched to see this guy in Boston. Guarantee at the press conference Friday they have some orchestrated "surprise" appearance by Papi to show that there's no hard feelings. Price also seems to be one of these young athuletes all about the social media, and I'm curious to see what happens after a couple bad starts and Sullysco from Quincy starts chirping at him.


Two questions:

1. What was the atrocious (and likely cowardly) act that David Price committed against #BostonStrong? and
2. Will Papi have both a cheeseburger AND a milkshake in his hand when making his appearance?

Bonus points for naming the flavor of shake.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 9791
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

Re: Name That Obscure Red Sox Player

Postby Gregs Kite » 02 Dec 2015, 09:00

JT99 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Pretty psyched to see this guy in Boston. Guarantee at the press conference Friday they have some orchestrated "surprise" appearance by Papi to show that there's no hard feelings. Price also seems to be one of these young athuletes all about the social media, and I'm curious to see what happens after a couple bad starts and Sullysco from Quincy starts chirping at him.


Two questions:

1. What was the atrocious (and likely cowardly) act that David Price committed against #BostonStrong? and
2. Will Papi have both a cheeseburger AND a milkshake in his hand when making his appearance?

Bonus points for naming the flavor of shake.


1. He had the audacity, repeat the AUDACITY, of throwing a purpose pitch at one Big Papi. You do not throw at Big Papi. NOT IN OWAH FACKIN CITY. Right, Shammy?

2. Yes, he will have one of these and one of these!
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23715
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Name That Obscure Red Sox Player

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 02 Dec 2015, 09:10

Little concerned how Price will handle the pressure of being an actual human being having to perform in this market.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31045
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Name That Obscure Red Sox Player

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 02 Dec 2015, 13:29

Theny wrote:You pay these free agent pitchers for playoff wins. :?


He only loses starts, you let Kimbrel throw the first inning then bring Price outta the pen! I can take Farrell's job
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
User avatar
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 12460
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 13:09
Location: Virginia

PreviousNext

Return to Just another team.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest