The Great Gold Glove Snub of 2006

The Boston Red Sox

The Great Gold Glove Snub of 2006

Postby thedudeabides » 03 Nov 2006, 13:22

It is a travasty, a sham, and a mockery, a travashamockery if you will, that not one member of the venerable Red Sox infield from this 2006 season did not win a gold glove. The second greatest defensive infield in the history of MLB and no one wins. Alex Gonzalez is far and a way the best defensive shortstop in all of baseball and has a tremendous season defensively yet who wins the gold glove? DEREK FREAKING JETER! Sure Jeter had a great season and he is a much better all-around player than Gonzo, but it's defense. Jeter is not and never will be a better defensive shortsop than Gonzo! And he did not have a better season defensively! Jeter has already one the Hank Aaron award and will win the AL MVP. At least give Gonzo the GG. But NO! It had to be another goddamn MFNYY that has to win. And Chavez wins again at 3rd...... It's almost as bad as Rafael Palmerio winning a GG @ 1b despite the fact that he spent almost the entire season as a DH and played only 24 games at 1b. The whole award system in MLB is a joke. I'm pisssed off. Actually... now that I've gotten to vent I feel much better and I don't really care.
Who wants to help me incite a liberal democratic revolution in Iran?....anyone.....anyone at all?
User avatar
thedudeabides
OG's sponsor
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: 18 Nov 2004, 20:55
Location: It's time for Ahmadinejad to burn.

Postby jack_daniels » 03 Nov 2006, 13:24

More like VENEREAL Red Sox, amirite??????
User avatar
jack_daniels
Turban Legend
 
Posts: 14211
Joined: 20 Nov 2004, 23:13

Re: The Great Gold Glove Snub of 2006

Postby JichaelDick » 03 Nov 2006, 13:25

thedudeabides wrote:It is a travasty, a sham, and a mockery, a travashamockery if you will, that not one member of the venerable Red Sox infield from this 2006 season did not win a gold glove. The second greatest defensive infield in the history of MLB and no one wins. Alex Gonzalez is far and a way the best defensive shortstop in all of baseball and has a tremendous season defensively yet who wins the gold glove? DEREK FREAKING JETER! Sure Jeter had a great season and he is a much better all-around player than Gonzo, but it's defense. Jeter is not and never will be a better defensive shortsop than Gonzo! And he did not have a better season defensively! Jeter has already one the Hank Aaron award and will win the AL MVP. At least give Gonzo the GG. But NO! It had to be another goddamn MFNYY that has to win. And Chavez wins again at 3rd...... It's almost as bad as Rafael Palmerio winning a GG @ 1b despite the fact that he spent almost the entire season as a DH and played only 24 games at 1b. The whole award system in MLB is a joke. I'm pisssed off. Actually... now that I've gotten to vent I feel much better and I don't really care.


There were like 4 third basemen who coulda won the GG this year. Chavez was one of them. Him winning is nowhere near the joke Jeter winning was.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 26108
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Salivating

Postby Theny » 03 Nov 2006, 13:28

Hey thedude, you DO realize that other teams in the AL have shortstops besides the Red Sox and Yankees don't you? Young probably should've gotten the GG at short.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30583
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Postby Rickey Sez » 03 Nov 2006, 13:30

Theny wrote:Hey thedude, you DO realize that other teams in the AL have shortstops besides the Red Sox and Yankees don't you? Young probably should've gotten the GG at short.


TRU Theny. Especially because I know you watched a ton of Texas games this year. :mrgreen:

(Whoa. Channeled SDH there for a second.)
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
User avatar
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )
 
Posts: 7491
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 09:25

Postby bosux » 03 Nov 2006, 13:30

WAHHHH...WE FINISHED IN 3RD PLACE AND GOT SNUBBED ON MEANINGLESS INDIVIDUAL AWARDS...WAHHHHH...BIG PAPI FOR MVP!!11!
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
User avatar
bosux
Dr. Poop
 
Posts: 17432
Joined: 08 Jun 2005, 10:31
Location: river ave garage, top deck

Postby Theny » 03 Nov 2006, 13:31

Rickey Sez wrote:
Theny wrote:Hey thedude, you DO realize that other teams in the AL have shortstops besides the Red Sox and Yankees don't you? Young probably should've gotten the GG at short.


TRU Theny. Especially because I know you watched a ton of Texas games this year. :mrgreen:

(Whoa. Channeled SDH there for a second.)


I have them on my satellite dish. I watched about 110 Rangers games this season.

Besides, sdh agreed with me on the Young thing.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30583
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Postby thedudeabides » 03 Nov 2006, 13:33

Theny wrote:Hey thedude, you DO realize that other teams in the AL have shortstops besides the Red Sox and Yankees don't you? Young probably should've gotten the GG at short.


There are other teams in the AL? I had no idea. I thought it was just those 2 teams........

Neither Young, nor Jeter had the defensive season that Gonzo did. When an infield has the 2nd highest fielding percentage in a season ever you would think that there would be atleast one position recognized with a GG. The best defensive team ever had 4 GG's. The Chavez thing I don't care about. I don't think he's that good but that's irrelevant. Jeter should not have won. There is no argument.
Who wants to help me incite a liberal democratic revolution in Iran?....anyone.....anyone at all?
User avatar
thedudeabides
OG's sponsor
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: 18 Nov 2004, 20:55
Location: It's time for Ahmadinejad to burn.

Postby JichaelDick » 03 Nov 2006, 13:35

You said, and I quote "And Chavez wins again at 3rd...... It's almost as bad as Rafael Palmerio winning a GG @ 1b despite the fact that he spent almost the entire season as a DH and played only 24 games at 1b." Now, me, I'd have voted for Joe Crede, but Chavez was certainly up there for it. And fielding percentage does not necessarily mean you're a good defensive shortstop. Jeter's had some good defensive years at short percentage-wise, but that's because they don't count the balls he couldn't get to against him.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 26108
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Salivating

Postby Rickey Sez » 03 Nov 2006, 13:41

Theny wrote:I have them on my satellite dish. I watched about 110 Rangers games this season.

Besides, sdh agreed with me on the Young thing.


I'm just giving you shit.
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
User avatar
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )
 
Posts: 7491
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 09:25

Postby Theny » 03 Nov 2006, 13:43

thedudeabides wrote:Jeter should not have won. There is no argument.


I think we can all agree on that. But who really cares about GG's anyways?
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30583
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 03 Nov 2006, 13:44

Theny wrote:
thedudeabides wrote:Jeter should not have won. There is no argument.


I think we can all agree on that. But who really cares about GG's anyways?

We're Sox fans. Complaining is a way of life.
Image
User avatar
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas
 
Posts: 10108
Joined: 11 Feb 2005, 18:25
Location: AAA

Postby thedudeabides » 03 Nov 2006, 13:49

JichaelDick wrote:You said, and I quote "And Chavez wins again at 3rd...... It's almost as bad as Rafael Palmerio winning a GG @ 1b despite the fact that he spent almost the entire season as a DH and played only 24 games at 1b." Now, me, I'd have voted for Joe Crede, but Chavez was certainly up there for it. And fielding percentage does not necessarily mean you're a good defensive shortstop. Jeter's had some good defensive years at short percentage-wise, but that's because they don't count the balls he couldn't get to against him.


My bad, Slade. I meant to refer to Palmerio with the Jeter thing, not the Chavez thing.

And to you others: I agree that GGs are meaningless but it's been a while since I have been on here and I just needed to vent. So deal with it!
Who wants to help me incite a liberal democratic revolution in Iran?....anyone.....anyone at all?
User avatar
thedudeabides
OG's sponsor
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: 18 Nov 2004, 20:55
Location: It's time for Ahmadinejad to burn.

Postby JichaelDick » 03 Nov 2006, 13:52

thedudeabides wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:You said, and I quote "And Chavez wins again at 3rd...... It's almost as bad as Rafael Palmerio winning a GG @ 1b despite the fact that he spent almost the entire season as a DH and played only 24 games at 1b." Now, me, I'd have voted for Joe Crede, but Chavez was certainly up there for it. And fielding percentage does not necessarily mean you're a good defensive shortstop. Jeter's had some good defensive years at short percentage-wise, but that's because they don't count the balls he couldn't get to against him.


My bad, Slade. I meant to refer to Palmerio with the Jeter thing, not the Chavez thing.

And to you others: I agree that GGs are meaningless but it's been a while since I have been on here and I just needed to vent. So deal with it!


Fair enough...and Gonzo probably did deserve the GG at short, but at the end of the day, they don't really matter. Except when Torii Hunter wins. I'm a bit disappointed Santana didn't win the GG at pitcher this year, but then again, he did make the worst throw I've ever seen against Boston back in September
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 26108
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Salivating

Postby The1984GeorgetownHoyas » 06 Nov 2006, 12:14

JichaelDick wrote:
thedudeabides wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:You said, and I quote "And Chavez wins again at 3rd...... It's almost as bad as Rafael Palmerio winning a GG @ 1b despite the fact that he spent almost the entire season as a DH and played only 24 games at 1b." Now, me, I'd have voted for Joe Crede, but Chavez was certainly up there for it. And fielding percentage does not necessarily mean you're a good defensive shortstop. Jeter's had some good defensive years at short percentage-wise, but that's because they don't count the balls he couldn't get to against him.


My bad, Slade. I meant to refer to Palmerio with the Jeter thing, not the Chavez thing.

And to you others: I agree that GGs are meaningless but it's been a while since I have been on here and I just needed to vent. So deal with it!


Fair enough...and Gonzo probably did deserve the GG at short, but at the end of the day, they don't really matter. Except when Torii Hunter wins. I'm a bit disappointed Santana didn't win the GG at pitcher this year, but then again, he did make the worst throw I've ever seen against Boston back in September
The fact Jim Kaat won 16 of these things should tell ya how important they are. It's like Pro Bowl voting. The voters are lazy and pick recognizable names, and then you end up with Zach Thomas in like 10 straight Pro Bowls, even though better middle line backers have emerged. Just another silly individual award to get all riled about. I'm sure we'll see plenty more bitching when Jeter gets announced MVP. But he'd trade it for a title I'm sure. Or maybe just a better cologne
User avatar
The1984GeorgetownHoyas
Hope College Alum
 
Posts: 175
Joined: 26 Oct 2006, 14:49

Next

Return to Just another team.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest