Page 5 of 5

Re: Red Sox Fans: Die Hards or Frontrunners?

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2017, 16:40
by Gregs Kite
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Ruben Amaro Jr. will be #Mets’ first base/baserunning/outfield coach, sources tell The Athletic. Had similar role with #RedSox last season.


sup


I'll miss him.

Now that I remember he was a coach on the team this year.

Still, big lost.

Re: Red Sox Fans: Die Hards or Frontrunners?

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2017, 10:29
by Iron Mike Sharpe
Congratulations on hiring Tony Larussa.

Re: Red Sox Fans: Die Hards or Frontrunners?

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2017, 11:36
by TVF wannabe
Gregs Kite wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Ruben Amaro Jr. will be #Mets’ first base/baserunning/outfield coach, sources tell The Athletic. Had similar role with #RedSox last season.


sup


I'll miss him.

Now that I remember he was a coach on the team this year.

Still, big lost.

Enjoy Tom Goodwin nothing like a 1B coach swap

Re: Red Sox Fans: Die Hards or Frontrunners?

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2017, 01:47
by Mario Speedwagon
Of my three friends four friends who follow the fine sport of baseball, three are Sox fans (and the other is a Yankees fan lol). One of the Sox fans in particular also follows Manchester United, the Cowboys & the Lakers too, confirming that Sox fans are some of the worst people in the world. Thanks, bye.

Re: Red Sox Fans: Die Hards or Frontrunners?

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2017, 11:16
by SouthernYokel
Mario Speedwagon wrote:Of my three friends four friends who follow the fine sport of baseball, three are Sox fans (and the other is a Yankees fan lol). One of the Sox fans in particular also follows Manchester United, the Cowboys & the Lakers too, confirming that Sox fans are some of the worst people in the world. Thanks, bye.


is this a person from GB or Australia? Or an American? I agree, an American who follows those teams is a douche. I don't hold it against a foreigner though because they're only going to see those teams. NBC only shows me Man U, Man City, Arsenal and Tottenham games. If i were to pick an EPL team i wouldn't really know much about Wolverhampton, nawmean?

Re: Red Sox Fans: Die Hards or Frontrunners?

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2017, 12:56
by Mario Speedwagon
SouthernYokel wrote:
Mario Speedwagon wrote:Of my three friends four friends who follow the fine sport of baseball, three are Sox fans (and the other is a Yankees fan lol). One of the Sox fans in particular also follows Manchester United, the Cowboys & the Lakers too, confirming that Sox fans are some of the worst people in the world. Thanks, bye.


is this a person from GB or Australia? Or an American? I agree, an American who follows those teams is a douche. I don't hold it against a foreigner though because they're only going to see those teams. NBC only shows me Man U, Man City, Arsenal and Tottenham games. If i were to pick an EPL team i wouldn't really know much about Wolverhampton, nawmean?


He's from Australia. But it's not right & I will never fully trust him because of it.

If he was German in the 30's he'd have been big in to the Nazi party, can't hold it against them though - that's all you're going to see in the papers and on the radio back then.

Re: Red Sox Fans: Die Hards or Frontrunners?

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2017, 22:35
by Iron Mike Sharpe
Gotta be careful of which teams you pick. Back in the day I picked Ipswich Town as my EPL team. They got relegated and never heard from again.

Re: Red Sox Fans: Die Hards or Frontrunners?

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2017, 01:39
by Mario Speedwagon
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Gotta be careful of which teams you pick. Back in the day I picked Ipswich Town as my EPL team. They got relegated and never heard from again.


Tractor Boys 4 lyf.

Re: Red Sox Fans: Die Hards or Frontrunners?

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2017, 07:31
by chrisco
Mario Speedwagon wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Gotta be careful of which teams you pick. Back in the day I picked Ipswich Town as my EPL team. They got relegated and never heard from again.


Tractor Boys 4 lyf.

Portsmouth fan nodding over here.

Re: Red Sox Fans: Die Hards or Frontrunners?

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2018, 09:42
by Frank the Tank
The Red Sox called me yesterday to ask why I hadn’t renewed my ten-game plan after fourteen seasons. I told them “it’s not you, it’s me”. Only made it to three of my ten games last year. Just too busy for a plan with so many weekday games. Would rather have better seats for three games a year of my choosing than ten games per year where I have no say. I’m still loyal to the team. I’m sorry but I just need to let it go. Got a little dusty.

The ticket rep said “Ok, we’ll release your seats for sale to the public. Thank you. <click>”

I assume they cried when the call ended. I understand needing to get off the phone quickly otherwise they would have broken down. They tried to stay strong. I admire that.

Re: Red Sox Fans: Die Hards or Frontrunners?

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2018, 09:46
by Gregs Kite
Stay strong, Frank. Maybe now is the time to try something new to occupy your time and ease the pain. Painting, ballroom dancing, yoga, whatever. Don't let your thoughts dwell.

Re: Red Sox Fans: Die Hards or Frontrunners?

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2018, 10:00
by Frank the Tank
Gregs Kite wrote:Stay strong, Frank. Maybe now is the time to try something new to occupy your time and ease the pain. Painting, ballroom dancing, yoga, whatever. Don't let your thoughts dwell.


Nah, I think I’m just gonna have my fourth pint of Ben and Jerry’s and watch Bridget Jones’s Diary for the twenty-sixth time.

Re: Red Sox Fans: Die Hards or Frontrunners?

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2018, 10:04
by Iron Mike Sharpe
Gotta keep your schedule clear for all them Rubik's tourneys.

Re: Red Sox Fans: Die Hards or Frontrunners?

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2018, 10:13
by ctz31
Frank the Tank wrote:The Red Sox called me yesterday to ask why I hadn’t renewed my ten-game plan after fourteen seasons. I told them “it’s not you, it’s me”. Only made it to three of my ten games last year. Just too busy for a plan with so many weekday games. Would rather have better seats for three games a year of my choosing than ten games per year where I have no say. I’m still loyal to the team. I’m sorry but I just need to let it go. Got a little dusty.

The ticket rep said “Ok, we’ll release your seats for sale to the public. Thank you. <click>”

I assume they cried when the call ended. I understand needing to get off the phone quickly otherwise they would have broken down. They tried to stay strong. I admire that.


Image