TheDooze Molests Collies, and other reasons to hate the Sox

The Boston Red Sox

Re: Sons of Pumpsie Green-The Red Sox Hate Thread

Postby Colonel Angus » 10 Jan 2012, 10:42

Prez wrote:I took my kid on the Fenway tour, it was a few hours before a game that we had tix to. It was cheap and actually pretty interesting/enjoyable. The tour guide was an old dood who's been employed by the Sox since the Truman administration. He was very funny and knowledgeable about the history of the park and team. We couldn't go on the field or in the clubhouse because it was only a few hours before a game...if you go in the off-season or when the team is on the road, it's a better tour.

Not necessarily true. We did the tour when the team was on the road last summer and we didn't get to go on the field or in the clubhouse. Not sure if there may be different levels of tours you can take though.

It was still pretty cool. I had never been inside Fenway (every time I'm in Boston they are on the road :/) so it was cool to be in the park.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby bosux » 10 Jan 2012, 10:46

i wouldn't make a special trip to do it, but if my son wants to go when he gets older, i'd be glad to take him
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 10 Jan 2012, 10:47

Also, when I did the tour for the season ticket holders, they had the '06 World Series trophy sitting on a stand and it was just sitting there unguarded about 50 feet from the gate to the stadium. It would have been maybe 2 football fields length from the trophy to my car. I thought about it, oh I thought about it. Oh course, that was probably all the beer talking.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 10 Jan 2012, 10:54

All still lame
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby chrisco » 27 Feb 2012, 23:21

This could have gone in the Not Red Sox Yankees On The TeeVee thread, but I am not enjoying the Tito Francona - ESPN Talking Head era. I have not caught him on the WWL yet, but I can do without shit like this: http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/i ... n-backfire

Move on.
SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby mj3528 » 28 Feb 2012, 09:14

chrisco wrote:This could have gone in the Not Red Sox Yankees On The TeeVee thread, but I am not enjoying the Tito Francona - ESPN Talking Head era. I have not caught him on the WWL yet, but I can do without shit like this: http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/i ... n-backfire

Move on.

Tito was good during the baseball play-offs, but I agree this is dumb. Talk about more than the Red Sox, but ESPN probably wants him to. It is sort of like when Tiki talked all of the time about the Giants on TV the first year after his retirement.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby chrisco » 28 Feb 2012, 09:23

mj3528 wrote:
chrisco wrote:This could have gone in the Not Red Sox Yankees On The TeeVee thread, but I am not enjoying the Tito Francona - ESPN Talking Head era. I have not caught him on the WWL yet, but I can do without shit like this: http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/i ... n-backfire

Move on.

Tito was good during the baseball play-offs, but I agree this is dumb. Talk about more than the Red Sox, but ESPN probably wants him to. It is sort of like when Tiki talked all of the time about the Giants on TV the first year after his retirement.

Torre pulled some similar back seat driving when he had that year off. It was annoying then as well.
SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 28 Feb 2012, 13:24

chrisco wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

Move on.

Torre pulled some similar back seat driving when he had that year off. It was annoying then as well.

Plus it's ESPN, where they're still not convinced a team exists outside of Sawx-Yanks
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby paje » 20 Apr 2012, 13:03

Dan Wetzel ‏ @DanWetzel

Fenway turns 100. Sold popcorn there in high school. It was pretty much a dump then but at least no one wore pink hats
paje
Another dude worth meeting

Postby chrisco » 20 Apr 2012, 14:45

I forgot I snapped this a couple weeks ago:

chrisco
Madoff

Re: TheDooze Molests Collies, and other reasons to hate the

Postby bosux » 17 Jul 2012, 10:30

by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Gregs Kite » 05 Feb 2013, 19:49

You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby nova » 05 Feb 2013, 20:37

I don't get it.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby JT99 » 05 Feb 2013, 20:50

nova wrote:I don't get it.

The kid's name.

His parents are registered under the "You Know You Are a Douche When...." Thread
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby CourtesyFlush » 04 Nov 2013, 11:56

Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to Just another team.