Pedro now a Metropolitan!

The Boston Red Sox

Postby MoreCowbell » 28 Mar 2006, 09:25

Theny wrote:I can see why you guys love Mirabelli, but I don't think a career .240 hitter (especially in Boston) can be considered the best backup catcher in baseball.

I think you're overestimating the position of "backup catcher".
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby Theny » 28 Mar 2006, 09:31

sportsdorkhater wrote:im sure you were pissed that the braves were outspending most of their competition in the NL during their playoff run.

First of all, don't comment on the Braves playoff run like it's a thing of the past. Second of all, who do they outspend exactly? The Mets? No. The Phillies? No. I don't see your point. The only free agents that come to Atlanta are natives (Hudson, for example). But this isn't about them. You really think Boston's front office has a stellar track record over the years? Theo has become the most overrated person in the history of the world, finally taking the title from Shakespeare after like 400 years.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby sportsdorkhater » 28 Mar 2006, 09:43

Theny wrote: Theo has become the most overrated person in the history of the world

get help dude, seriously.

you do realize that theo and this ownership group has only been around for a few years right? they have had a pretty good run. (here is where you say its only because they spend money). calling them "notoriously bad" is laughable. are they the best, no, i wouldnt say that, and havent said that.
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby Theny » 28 Mar 2006, 09:47

sportsdorkhater wrote:(here is where you say its only because they spend money).

Exactly.

And I shouldn't have used the word "notoriously". I should've said "historically"...my fault. Theo and Co. certainly haven't been notoriously bad. And my beef isn't with you per se, but the media for treating this guy like a God or some miracle worker, when clearly that's not the case as you well know.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Frank the Tank » 28 Mar 2006, 10:05

Are we at the agree-to-disagree point yet or do I have to get nasty about South Florida seafood?
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby sportsdorkhater » 28 Mar 2006, 10:07

Frank the Tank wrote:Are we at the agree-to-disagree point yet or do I have to get nasty about South Florida seafood?

no because this will come up again Monday thru Friday for the next 7 months
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby Theny » 28 Mar 2006, 10:08

sportsdorkhater wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Are we at the agree-to-disagree point yet or do I have to get nasty about South Florida seafood?

GRRRRR!
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby SouthernYokel » 28 Mar 2006, 10:09

Theny wrote:
sportsdorkhater wrote:

GRRRRR!

Big Scary Monster? Is that you?
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Rickey Sez » 23 Jun 2006, 12:42

Pedro pitches at Fenway on Wednesday.

The always-classy Boston Dirt Dogs is calling for a booing.

I'm going to Fenway on Wednesday, and I'm bringing my gun. If any stupid fucking "Red Sox fan" even thinks about booing him, I'll shoot 'em in the motherfucking head.

(And no, I won't post a link. I don't want anyone to give that piece-of-crap site any more hits or attention.)

Edit -- spelling. I was too used to seeing our own DirtDAWG around that I f'd up the spelling.
Last edited by Rickey Sez on 23 Jun 2006, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby Frank the Tank » 23 Jun 2006, 12:44

Rickey Sez wrote:The always-classy Boston Dirt Dawgs is calling for a booing.

Dirt Dawgs has lost any shred of credibility it once had. I don't think they have an ounce of smarts between them.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby DirtDawg » 23 Jun 2006, 12:51

Frank the Tank wrote:
Rickey Sez wrote:The always-classy Boston Dirt Dawgs is calling for a booing.

Dirt Dawgs has lost any shred of credibility it once had. I don't think they have an ounce of smarts between them.

Is that a fact? Well, FTT, I am ready to fight! :twisted:
Bricks - given the opportunity I would rape your dead grandmother's corpse and burn down your house. No offense.
MTM - A saint that rapes is still saint.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Postby MoreCowbell » 23 Jun 2006, 12:52

This guy was the one who was rallying everyone to cheer Damon's return to Fenway, and apparently it pissed him off that he got booed. I think his Booing Pedro campaign is only because he thinks Pedro did the same thing as Damon (took the money and ran to New York) and think we all as fans would be hypocrites to treat him differently. The fact that he can't see the difference between Pedro leaving to go to the Mets because they offered him one more year, and Damon leaving for the YANKEES because they offered him more money, just proves what a gigantic moron he is.
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby Theny » 23 Jun 2006, 12:58

Pedro doesn't even want to pitch that game. Kind of strange.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby MoreCowbell » 23 Jun 2006, 13:03

Theny wrote:Pedro doesn't even want to pitch that game. Kind of strange.

Really? Link?
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby Theny » 23 Jun 2006, 13:05

MoreCowbell wrote:
Theny wrote:Pedro doesn't even want to pitch that game. Kind of strange.

Really? Link?

No, they were talking about it on ATH or PTI yesterday.

ETA: http://redsox.bostonherald.com/otherMLB ... at=&page=2
Last edited by Theny on 23 Jun 2006, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

PreviousNext

Return to Just another team.