Pedro now a Metropolitan!

The Boston Red Sox

Postby Rickey Sez » 28 Jun 2006, 09:07

nasty nova wrote:Has anybody played the race card yet? Anybody?

You know where to find me.

Are you talking about Silva (DirtDogs) personally, or Boston in general?
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby nova » 28 Jun 2006, 09:15

Rickey Sez wrote:
nasty nova wrote:Has anybody played the race card yet? Anybody?

You know where to find me.

Are you talking about Silva (DirtDogs) personally, or Boston in general?

DirtDogs. This situation seems pretty cut and dry from the "He's a racist" perspective; white man takes more money to play for the Yankees, let's cheer him for his contributions; brown man takes more money and more years to play for the Mets, let's boo his ass back to the Domincan. Where is Caesar Chavez when you need him???
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Rickey Sez » 28 Jun 2006, 09:24

nasty nova wrote:DirtDogs. This situation seems pretty cut and dry from the "He's a racist" perspective; white man takes more money to play for the Yankees, let's cheer him for his contributions; brown man takes more money and more years to play for the Mets, let's boo his ass back to the Domincan. Where is Caesar Chavez when you need him???

Certainly wouldn't surprise me. Personally, I just think he's an idiot more concerned with rabble-rousing and getting attention/publicity for himself. It seems clear to me that cheering Damon and booing Pedro are the "controversial" positions to take on either situations (most Sox fans were in favor of booing Damon, and most Sox fans are in favor of cheering Pedro.) Basically, by taking these stances, he's setting himself up for the whole "What! I can't believe he's in favor of (blank!) Here, check the link!"

And I fell victim to it.
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby MoreCowbell » 28 Jun 2006, 09:34

Rickey Sez wrote:
nasty nova wrote:DirtDogs. This situation seems pretty cut and dry from the "He's a racist" perspective; white man takes more money to play for the Yankees, let's cheer him for his contributions; brown man takes more money and more years to play for the Mets, let's boo his ass back to the Domincan. Where is Caesar Chavez when you need him???

Certainly wouldn't surprise me. Personally, I just think he's an idiot more concerned with rabble-rousing and getting attention/publicity for himself. It seems clear to me that cheering Damon and booing Pedro are the "controversial" positions to take on either situations (most Sox fans were in favor of booing Damon, and most Sox fans are in favor of cheering Pedro.) Basically, by taking these stances, he's setting himself up for the whole "What! I can't believe he's in favor of (blank!) Here, check the link!"

And I fell victim to it.

Yeah, I dont really think he'd be running this "Boo Pedro" campaign if Damon had been cheered instead of booed. For some reason, Damon's booing sent him off the deep end.
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 28 Jun 2006, 13:22

MoreCowbell wrote:Yeah, I dont really think he'd be running this "Boo Pedro" campaign if Damon had been cheered instead of booed. For some reason, Damon's booing sent him off the deep end.

I can't wait until the massive ovation tonight, followed by BDD claiming that those weren't "real fans" cheering (which is exactly what they did when Damon got booed after BDD ordered everyone to cheer him).

It's one thing to think you can dictate what fans of your team should do, it's quite another to claim - after they don't obey you - that those people aren't real fans, but that you are. Huh? That takes the arrogance to a whole other level.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 29 Jun 2006, 10:15

Welcome back to the majors, Petey. That wasnt an NL lineup(AA) you faced last night. Go Sox!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby MoreCowbell » 29 Jun 2006, 10:17

I see BostonDirtDogs hasnt been updated since 1:00 yesterday.. maybe his head exploded in anger.
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby Rickey Sez » 17 Jul 2006, 09:13

Pedro Martinez sucks.
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 27 Sep 2006, 19:50

Rickety is a prophet.
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby Frank the Tank » 01 Oct 2006, 19:04

Omar Minaya is saying that he doesn't expect to have Pedro back until after the all-star break next year. I guess the Red Sox weren't so stupid after all to refuse to match the Mets' willingness to sign Pedro without a thorough physical.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby sportsdorkhater » 01 Oct 2006, 19:07

Frank the Tank wrote:Omar Minaya is saying that he doesn't expect to have Pedro back until after the all-star break next year. I guess the Red Sox weren't so stupid after all to refuse to match the Mets' willingness to sign Pedro without a thorough physical.

That's one they got right :D
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Re: Pedro now a Metropolitan!

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 24 Jan 2013, 18:48

Pedro...now the assistant TO the General Manager.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Pedro Martinez, first ballot HOFer

Postby Prez » 28 May 2013, 19:50

Pedro, TRU hero:

*I'm annoyed that there are only three Pedro threads (Yankee, Met, midget). I would've posted in the dead midget thread, but it was locked. :thumbsdown:
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Previous

Return to Just another team.