Sox Nation Citizenship Cards??

The Boston Red Sox

Postby ryguy81783 » 29 Jan 2005, 04:09

i have to admit that i would also buy the "Card" just for the gameday audio, that is a lot a pretty dope thing to have when you dont llive in NE
i need new signature information :/
ryguy81783
Vapid Slag

Postby Snake » 29 Jan 2005, 05:04

I got the MLB.tv package in New Orleans when I had the broadband there, that was a worthwhile investment.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby dexysmidnightrunners » 22 Feb 2005, 21:57

Has anyone who signed up actually received a card yet? I get all the e-mails and the opportunity to sit in the virtual waiting room for 6 hours compared to the rest of the fans, but I haven't seen anything about a card or package. I'm just waiting for the spring training games to start so I can catch the audio.
"Are you nervous yet?" - My first question to Yankees fans at work every morning during the 2004 ALCS.

Link to the "Numa Numa Dance" : http://www.funpic.hu/swf/numanuma.html
dexysmidnightrunners
Wiffle Ball King

Postby Frank the Tank » 23 Feb 2005, 08:38

I haven't received it yet. I did get my email notice that I wasn't chosen for the Monster Seats distribution raffle. When they advertised the Sox Nation cards they said that holders would get priority for buying the "hottest tickets in the house". Clearly that's not the case. While I did get okay seats for an Angels game through the card I'm a bit bitter since it doesn't help for the Monster, Right Field Roof Deck, or Yankees games.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby MoreCowbell » 23 Feb 2005, 17:05

Frank the Tank wrote:I haven't received it yet. I did get my email notice that I wasn't chosen for the Monster Seats distribution raffle. When they advertised the Sox Nation cards they said that holders would get priority for buying the "hottest tickets in the house". Clearly that's not the case. While I did get okay seats for an Angels game through the card I'm a bit bitter since it doesn't help for the Monster, Right Field Roof Deck, or Yankees games.

I signed up for the chance for Yankee games/monster seats/right field roof seats and haven't even gotten a single rejection email. Throw me a frickin bone.
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby dexysmidnightrunners » 23 Feb 2005, 22:34

I've gotten two rejection notices so far (feels like senior year of college again), and you're more than welcome to either of them. You can even customize them if you'd like, so you'll feel the same rejection as the rest of us.

I wish they'd just bring back the days of the line, and if you want the tix, you've got to earn them by spending the time. Hell, I missed a whole day of classes back in '88 standing outside the ticket office to get SRO tix to that night's game. 9 1/2 hours. I was first in line that morning. And I only stepped away for a moment to get lunch. Of course, if I knew how to successfully skip the VWR, I might feel differently.

As it is, I end up spending the same amount of time wandering around the house and coming back to the computer screen to see that I'm STILL in the virtual waiting room. Even the doctor's office eventually lets you in.
"Are you nervous yet?" - My first question to Yankees fans at work every morning during the 2004 ALCS.

Link to the "Numa Numa Dance" : http://www.funpic.hu/swf/numanuma.html
dexysmidnightrunners
Wiffle Ball King

Postby TheWolf » 24 Feb 2005, 09:57

I didn't get any rejection e-mails either. I'm blaming my girlfriend I think, because it's easier that way. She signed me up, and I'm just gonna go ahead and say she got my e-mail address wrong. So when I get nothing, now I can guilt her into buying me tickets. Oh wait, that only works when the girl is guilting the guy into something. Damn it!
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Frank the Tank » 24 Feb 2005, 10:04

I also forgot Phillies tickets went on sale yesterday, and by the time I remembered the entire series against the Red Sox was sold out. Damn! I'll also spend an inordinate amount of time on the Cubs site tomorrow trying to get Red Sox-Cubbies tix at Wrigley, knowing the entire time that it's a futile exercise. If any other team in MLB has a virtual waiting room nightmare as bad as the Red Sox, it's the Cubs.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Snake » 24 Feb 2005, 16:28

I'm looking forward to that series, did you guys know it will be the first time those teams have met since the first World Series in 1903? Thank God we won the series so we won't have to sit through a bunch of Curse vs. Curse retrospectives.

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby JohnnyDamon » 24 Feb 2005, 18:06

Actually, the Cubs and Red Sox last met in a World Series in.....1918. The Sox and Pirates appeared in the first World Series in 1903.
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby Snake » 24 Feb 2005, 18:25

You are correct, I knew it was one or the other but I couldn't remember which offhand.

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Frank the Tank » 22 Mar 2005, 12:05

I'm now back in the virtual waiting room courtesy of my Red Sox Nation Citizenship card, fighting over a few tables left on the right field roof deck. The question now becomes: will I (a) actually get a benefit from this card and get a table or (b) waste five hours of my life watching internet explorer refresh every 30 seconds? Place bets now!
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheWolf » 22 Mar 2005, 12:46

My money's on B. No doubt about it.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 22 Mar 2005, 12:55

Mark me down for B as well.
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Frank the Tank » 22 Mar 2005, 13:26

I got through in 75 minutes, but found out I accidentally clicked on Thursday's Green Monster sales link instead of today's Right Field Roof Deck sales link, so I screwed myself and I have to go back into the pool. *$&%!!!

Update: well, at least it only took me one hour and forty minutes to learn that all the table seating is sold out for the entire season and that only standing room is available for select games.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to Just another team.