Sox Nation Citizenship Cards??

The Boston Red Sox

Postby bringbackthewhalers » 10 Dec 2004, 19:33

wanna bury the hachet and talk about the red sox again? if we keep this up someone will color us stoked
Fidem Servavi.
bringbackthewhalers
Hope College Alum

Postby Tecmo Bo » 10 Dec 2004, 19:42

Amen brother.
Anyone know what the 'benefits' of buying this card are supposed to be?
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby JohnnySaves18 » 10 Dec 2004, 22:56

Your benefits, for the special low price of $9.95 are:
With a 2005 Red Sox Nation membership, you will receive the following benefits:

? 2005 MLB.com Gameday Audio.

? 2005 Ticketing Preference for the
coolest seats at Fenway.

? An exclusive membership
e-newsletter with special offers.

? Special access to members-only
pages on redsox.com.

? Red Sox Nation Citizenship Card.

? Special members-only redsox.com
shop offers throughout the season.

You also lose your dignity for about the rest of your life.

WWJDD?
Fidem Servavi.

Stoked isn't an official Male color (primaries, secondaries and grays). We'll color you... orange.--TecmoBo
JohnnySaves18
Chuggo

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 Dec 2004, 08:13

Now while I agree that buying the card to "prove fandom" is geeky, I'll admit that I ordered one just for the side benefits.

- I travel a fair amount, usually to hotels with high speed internet access, so I want the gameday audio feature.

- I would love to have some way to get priority to purchase Monster seats or RF roof seats. I'm assuming that's what they mean by "coolest seats in Fenway". If they're yanking my chain on this one I will be infuriated.

That's it. I'll never take it out of my wallet. I'll never say "here, this makes me a true fan". But, still, I bought one.

Let the flaming begin!
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 11 Dec 2004, 08:54

Face it, this is just another plan for the Man to take our Social Security and give it away
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Frank the Tank » 28 Jan 2005, 12:20

As an "official" RSN member I just got to purchase tickets for games that go on sale to the general public tomorrow, but I was disappointed to see that the seats I was really interested in (Monster or new right field roof) aren't included in this sale. I got four tickets for the Angels game on 6/4/05 in the 37th row of the bleachers after waiting 10 minutes in the "virtual waiting room". It was nice not to have to deal with it tomorrow morning, but I'm not sure it was $9.95 worth of benefit.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Tecmo Bo » 28 Jan 2005, 14:31

I have to grudgingly admit that their may be a use for thos e&(%#( pieces of @(^*#)$(*@^#()!)(&!#@&%^#$)&%@#^%!!!!
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby Frank the Tank » 28 Jan 2005, 14:56

It's just another way to differentiate ticket prices. If you look at the Cubs they now color-code all the games. If it's a weeknight during April or September it's a cheap-color game (I forget the exact color scheme), where the average seat price might be $25.00 or so. On a Apr/Sep weekend or other weeknight it's a medium-color game, avg. seat around $35.00. Weekend games during the summer or any game against a premiere opponent (Red Sox, White Sox due to the Chicago rivalry) is a high-priced color game with avg. seat around $50.00. I think the Red Sox are moving in that direction in as many ways as they can, with the RSN cards essentially being a fee for limited preferred purchasing status. In short, they're finding a way to scalp their own seats.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Snake » 28 Jan 2005, 15:27

If it means we can keep the payroll up over 150 million I say it's worth it, especially because I typically watch the Sox from the friendly (and cheap) confines of the Network Associates Colisseum
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Frank the Tank » 28 Jan 2005, 15:35

As a ticket buyer I'm upset, but as a capitalist I'm impressed. I can't blame the Sox for doing it as long as they keep it under control. If they ever start programs that make it impossible for all but the super-rich and big corporations to buy their tickets they'll alienate the fan base.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Snake » 28 Jan 2005, 15:42

You mean like the NFL?

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Frank the Tank » 28 Jan 2005, 15:50

Are you suggesting that the $500-$600 face value for all the Super Bowl tickets is excessive and shuts out the true fans? </sarcasm>
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Snake » 28 Jan 2005, 15:55

Oh it wouldn't be that bad if the true fans actually had the opportunity to spend the $500-$600. You have to fellate a media member (haha I made a pun) or team ticket type just for the opportunity to pay twice that much for a scalped nosebleed (do I sound bitter?).

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Tecmo Bo » 28 Jan 2005, 16:51

Or show up at the stadium 20 minutes after kickoff and see how cheap the scalpers will sell (usually pretty damn cheap).
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby Snake » 28 Jan 2005, 17:02

Maybe at a Red Sox-Yankees regular season game. The scalpers were absolutely sold out 20 minutes before the kickoff of the Raiders-Bucs Super Bowl (the game that I am referring to in the previous example), and that isn't unusual for a Super Bowl. If you got lucky once, congratulations, but don't talk like it's that easy.

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

PreviousNext

Return to Just another team.