Red Sox first in line to get Beckett

The Boston Red Sox

Red Sox first in line to get Beckett

Postby ONTB » 21 Nov 2005, 17:28

I like Josh Beckett, he's got great stuff. But he's always injured.

The kicker, Hanely Ramirez is the guy the Sox are going to send to Florida. Plus either lefthander Jon Lester or righthander Anibel Sanchez. Theo would have never gone for this deal. The Sox are giving up way too much young talent if the deal goes through.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2232211
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5453
Joined: 22 Jan 2005, 17:41

Re: Red Sox first in line to get Beckett

Postby bostonredsox1002 » 21 Nov 2005, 17:33

ONTB wrote:I like Josh Beckett, he's got great stuff. But he's always injured.

The kicker, Hanely Ramirez is the guy the Sox are going to send to Florida. Plus either lefthander Jon Lester or righthander Anibel Sanchez. Theo would have never gone for this deal. The Sox are giving up way too much young talent if the deal goes through.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2232211


I really don't want to give him hanley, but now that we're stuck with renteria for another 3, we don't really have a choice, unless we wanna keep him in the farm.
Ultimate Frisbee record: 1-1
Back on track son.
User avatar
bostonredsox1002
Etiquette Instructor
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 18:39
Location: Bullets dodge me.

Postby PhillyJim76 » 21 Nov 2005, 18:16

It must be nice to just steal players from the teams that can't afford them.

They should just have the Red Sox play the Yankees 162 times a year and let the other teams compete for the World Series.
User avatar
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4966
Joined: 24 Aug 2005, 16:06

Postby bostonredsox1002 » 21 Nov 2005, 18:19

PhillyJim76 wrote:It must be nice to just steal players from the teams that can't afford them.

They should just have the Red Sox play the Yankees 162 times a year and let the other teams compete for the World Series.


And the phillies definitely don't have the fourth highest payroll in the league.

Fucking hypocrite.
Ultimate Frisbee record: 1-1
Back on track son.
User avatar
bostonredsox1002
Etiquette Instructor
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 18:39
Location: Bullets dodge me.

Postby Snake » 21 Nov 2005, 18:37

Not to mention that they did just that with Kevin Millwood. Also the Rangers appear to be the team first in line, we're just the second. Not a bad deal overall, but I'm not huge on guys out of Florida with injury problems.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
User avatar
Snake
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4652
Joined: 15 Nov 2004, 01:58
Location: Bay Area

Re: Red Sox first in line to get Beckett

Postby ONTB » 21 Nov 2005, 18:57

bostonredsox1002 wrote:
ONTB wrote:I like Josh Beckett, he's got great stuff. But he's always injured.

The kicker, Hanely Ramirez is the guy the Sox are going to send to Florida. Plus either lefthander Jon Lester or righthander Anibel Sanchez. Theo would have never gone for this deal. The Sox are giving up way too much young talent if the deal goes through.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2232211


I really don't want to give him hanley, but now that we're stuck with renteria for another 3, we don't really have a choice, unless we wanna keep him in the farm.


Seems to me the perfect time to move Renteria to thrid and slot Ramirez in a short.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5453
Joined: 22 Jan 2005, 17:41

Re: Red Sox first in line to get Beckett

Postby bostonredsox1002 » 21 Nov 2005, 19:08

ONTB wrote:
bostonredsox1002 wrote:
ONTB wrote:I like Josh Beckett, he's got great stuff. But he's always injured.

The kicker, Hanely Ramirez is the guy the Sox are going to send to Florida. Plus either lefthander Jon Lester or righthander Anibel Sanchez. Theo would have never gone for this deal. The Sox are giving up way too much young talent if the deal goes through.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2232211


I really don't want to give him hanley, but now that we're stuck with renteria for another 3, we don't really have a choice, unless we wanna keep him in the farm.


Seems to me the perfect time to move Renteria to thrid and slot Ramirez in a short.


And let mueller, who is probably an infinitely better fielder at the hot corner, and youklis go?
Ultimate Frisbee record: 1-1
Back on track son.
User avatar
bostonredsox1002
Etiquette Instructor
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 18:39
Location: Bullets dodge me.

Postby sportsdorkhater » 21 Nov 2005, 19:28

Beckett to Sox

the Fort Worth Star Telegram is reporting that Beckett is coming to the Sox.

The Rangers won?t be getting Josh Beckett after all.
According to Major League sources, the Florida Marlins have decided to trade the 25-year-old Beckett to the Boston Red Sox, reportedly for minor league prospects.

The Rangers and Marlins had agreed on the principals in a trade that would have brought Beckett and third baseman Mike Lowell to Arlington for third baseman Hank Blalock and one of the Rangers top minor league pitchers ? presumably lefthander John Danks.

The Marlins, who are once again believed to be engaging in an austerity drive to significantly lower payroll, decided to accept the Red Sox offer, the source said.
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn
 
Posts: 6514
Joined: 22 Feb 2005, 18:25

Postby ONTB » 21 Nov 2005, 19:33

This is a bad fucking deal.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5453
Joined: 22 Jan 2005, 17:41

Postby sportsdorkhater » 21 Nov 2005, 19:45

i dont mind it. #1 or #2 pitchers arent easy to get. i realize the injury history but i think its worth the shot. who knows what the hell ramirez and sanchez will do the rest of their careers.
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn
 
Posts: 6514
Joined: 22 Feb 2005, 18:25

Postby ONTB » 21 Nov 2005, 19:48

sportsdorkhater wrote:i dont mind it. #1 or #2 pitchers arent easy to get. i realize the injury history but i think its worth the shot. who knows what the hell ramirez and sanchez will do the rest of their careers.


Why just not buy Burnett. Keep the prospects.

Burnett career ERA+ 110
Beckett career ERA+ 117

Beckett would be cheaper for this season, but he's going to get his big money very soon.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5453
Joined: 22 Jan 2005, 17:41

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 21 Nov 2005, 19:50

bostonredsox1002 wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:It must be nice to just steal players from the teams that can't afford them.

They should just have the Red Sox play the Yankees 162 times a year and let the other teams compete for the World Series.


And the phillies definitely don't have the fourth highest payroll in the league.

Fucking hypocrite.


Baseball needs a GD salary cap. As a Phillies fan also, I know they buy players now too. And if they ever win a WS (hahahaha), it will be tainted, just like the Red Sox WS last year. I will know that its bc the Phillies spent more than almost every other team to do so, just like the Sox.
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31091
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Postby PhillyJim76 » 21 Nov 2005, 19:53

bostonredsox1002 wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:It must be nice to just steal players from the teams that can't afford them.

They should just have the Red Sox play the Yankees 162 times a year and let the other teams compete for the World Series.


And the phillies definitely don't have the fourth highest payroll in the league.

Fucking hypocrite.


Jerk off- The Phillies over paid for their homegrown lousy talent. PS- I made my HS Basketball team, you nerd.
User avatar
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4966
Joined: 24 Aug 2005, 16:06

Postby bostonredsox1002 » 21 Nov 2005, 19:54

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
bostonredsox1002 wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:It must be nice to just steal players from the teams that can't afford them.

They should just have the Red Sox play the Yankees 162 times a year and let the other teams compete for the World Series.


And the phillies definitely don't have the fourth highest payroll in the league.

Fucking hypocrite.


Baseball needs a GD salary cap. As a Phillies fan also, I know they buy players now too. And if they ever win a WS (hahahaha), it will be tainted, just like the Red Sox WS last year. I will know that its bc the Phillies spent more than almost every other team to do so, just like the Sox.


I really don't understand why the sox world series were fucking tainted. If you're saying that then I think some justification is needed of why you only called the 04 sox title run tainted and not any of the yankees titles past 1990.
Ultimate Frisbee record: 1-1
Back on track son.
User avatar
bostonredsox1002
Etiquette Instructor
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 18:39
Location: Bullets dodge me.

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 21 Nov 2005, 19:58

bostonredsox1002 wrote:I really don't understand why the sox world series were fucking tainted. If you're saying that then I think some justification is needed of why you only called the 04 sox title run tainted and not any of the yankees titles past 1990.


They are all tainted!!! But especially the Sox one. They spent more than every other team(besides the broken down NYY), rented Schilling for the year, paid off the umpire in game 4 to call Dave Roberts safe....it all adds up to a tainted title!!!
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31091
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Next

Return to Just another team.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest