Faith Rewarded

The Boston Red Sox

Faith Rewarded

Postby MoreCowbell » 04 Dec 2004, 01:33

Got this dvd today, very well done....hardly any mention of the c*rse, and lots of player interaction, which is what I love to see...

It got pretty dusty in the room at various parts of the movie as well...but then again I'm a softy :cry:
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Re: Faith Rewarded

Postby TheWolf » 06 Dec 2004, 16:40

MoreCowbell wrote:Got this dvd today, very well done....hardly any mention of the c*rse, and lots of player interaction, which is what I love to see...

It got pretty dusty in the room at various parts of the movie as well...but then again I'm a softy :cry:

I haven't gotten it yet. I'm trying to force myself not to buy anything that I think I might get for Christmas. It's really hard though.

As a side note, I don't think you have to spell curse with the asterisk any more. We all know there never was a curse anyway. But now that any curse there may have been is long gone, it just doesn't even matter. It has no negative connotation, really no meaning at all. It's just completely irrelevant, because (and I think most of you already know this) THE RED SOX WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Tecmo Bo » 06 Dec 2004, 17:18

I hear ya Wolf, there are half a dozen DVD's I want to pick up, but can't because Christmas is 19 days away. Both the Sox DVD's, Spiderman 2, Return of the King Extended Edition, Elf and Bourne Supremacy head the list.
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby MoreCowbell » 06 Dec 2004, 18:24

I thought I would just point out that I have now reached Token Fat Guy status. I dont know whether I should be excited about this.
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby Tecmo Bo » 06 Dec 2004, 18:52

Definitely not looking as hot as you were Tiff... I'm sure it will pass.
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby jack_daniels » 06 Dec 2004, 19:34

So a Token Fat Guy, is it someone in a movie or T.V. show, or just a random fat guy in real life?
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 06 Dec 2004, 20:14

MoreCowbell wrote:I thought I would just point out that I have now reached Token Fat Guy status. I dont know whether I should be excited about this.

hehe well i've been meaning to say something to you about that.
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Snake » 07 Dec 2004, 02:35

MoreCowbell wrote:I thought I would just point out that I have now reached Token Fat Guy status. I dont know whether I should be excited about this.

Um... er... congrats Tiff. Jack, the token fat guy exists in all walks of life, don't narrow it down to just one.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Tecmo Bo » 07 Dec 2004, 07:14

Not necessarily, in the more fitness oriented walks you aren't likely to find a token fat guy.
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 07 Dec 2004, 07:41

Tecmo Bo wrote:Not necessarily, in the more fitness oriented walks you aren't likely to find a token fat guy.

Actually Tecmo a firend of mine is a personal trainer and in excellent shape, however he suffers from a serious beer gut. He def qualifies as a token fat guy
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Tecmo Bo » 07 Dec 2004, 07:55

I guess it depends on the circle, I do marathons, no beer guts in sight.
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby MRh » 07 Dec 2004, 08:50

howboutafrescahmmm wrote:
Tecmo Bo wrote:Not necessarily, in the more fitness oriented walks you aren't likely to find a token fat guy.

Actually Tecmo a firend of mine is a personal trainer and in excellent shape, however he suffers from a serious beer gut. He def qualifies as a token fat guy

Somehow I doubt that "serious beer gut" and "in excellent shape" can coexist peacefully.
"On any day I can be anyone's daddy."

-Pedro Martinez
MRh
n00b

Postby Tecmo Bo » 07 Dec 2004, 09:16

It depends on your definition of 'excellent shape'. Some would look strictly at the aount of muscle mass.
Excellent shape to me suggests overall excellent fitness, as a matter of health (blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.) as well as muscular and cardiovascular fitness.
I have to say I agree MRhe, beer guts don't typically git in my definition of excellent shape, although neither do I. Token Fat Guy can be relative as well. among the group of runners I know, I'm probably the (relative) Token Fat Guy at 5'7" 155lbs
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby TheWolf » 07 Dec 2004, 09:43

As far as it relates to the Sports Guy, i feel like the Token Fat Guy is specifically referring to sports movies. In his columns on his top 73 sports movies, one of the categories on his report card is always Token Fat Guy (along with Token Angry Black Guy). It's one of the things that he feels makes a good sports movie even better.
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Tecmo Bo » 07 Dec 2004, 10:05

Agreed, like Hamilton Porter, aka The Geat Hambino.
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Next

Return to Just another team.