Mirabelli

The Boston Red Sox

Postby thedudeabides » 11 Sep 2005, 10:04

He's a sucky hitter with or without steroids anyway so...no love loss there.
Who wants to help me incite a liberal democratic revolution in Iran?....anyone.....anyone at all?
User avatar
thedudeabides
OG's sponsor
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: 18 Nov 2004, 20:55
Location: It's time for Ahmadinejad to burn.

Postby sportsdorkhater » 11 Sep 2005, 10:06

thedudeabides wrote:He's a sucky hitter with or without steroids anyway so...no love loss there.


wow, you have come a long way since the " i miss him" days.
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn
 
Posts: 6514
Joined: 22 Feb 2005, 18:25

Postby thedudeabides » 11 Sep 2005, 10:13

I like having him on the team for stability and defensive purposes...yada..yada..yada.....but he was never a good hitter.
Who wants to help me incite a liberal democratic revolution in Iran?....anyone.....anyone at all?
User avatar
thedudeabides
OG's sponsor
 
Posts: 2545
Joined: 18 Nov 2004, 20:55
Location: It's time for Ahmadinejad to burn.

Postby mister bacon » 11 Sep 2005, 11:19

He really doesn't need to apologize. That "unwritten rule" is pretty fucking gay. If someones not paying attention in any situation you should be taking the base.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26400
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Postby SouthernYokel » 12 Sep 2005, 07:40

mister bacon wrote:He really doesn't need to apologize. That "unwritten rule" is pretty fucking gay. If someones not paying attention in any situation you should be taking the base.


Just like when the runner isn't paying attention and the fielder does the old hidden ball trick. That's probably my favorite play in baseball, happens maybe twice a year. Mike Lowell did it for the Marlins in August, and i laughed
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29840
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Postby Bleacher Creature » 12 Sep 2005, 18:07

SouthernYokel wrote:
mister bacon wrote:He really doesn't need to apologize. That "unwritten rule" is pretty fucking gay. If someones not paying attention in any situation you should be taking the base.


Just like when the runner isn't paying attention and the fielder does the old hidden ball trick. That's probably my favorite play in baseball, happens maybe twice a year. Mike Lowell did it for the Marlins in August, and i laughed
The difference is though that in this case the fielder was not paying attention because the game was essentially over. The hidden ball trick wouldnt be okay with me if it was used in this same situation when the game was over. Its a great play when the game is somewhat close. Mike Lowell has done it before and it definitely is very amusing because it makes the fielder look like a complete jackass.
User avatar
Bleacher Creature
OG's sponsor
 
Posts: 2543
Joined: 21 Aug 2005, 21:24

Re: Mirabelli

Postby Briandong79 » 15 May 2009, 11:03

http://www.cbgreatlakes.com/doug.mirabelli

Dooze can buy his first home from Wakefield's personal catcher!!!
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31160
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Mirabelli

Postby mister bacon » 24 Nov 2009, 08:49

Briandean79 wrote:http://www.cbgreatlakes.com/doug.mirabelli

Dooze can buy his first home from Wakefield's personal catcher!!!



wow. it would be strange to buy a home from doug mirabelli.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26400
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: Mirabelli

Postby Colonel Angus » 05 Jul 2010, 00:21

Doug Mirabelli hit the only MLB grand slam I have ever seen in person.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Re: Mirabelli

Postby mj3528 » 29 Apr 2016, 15:49

This was a cool oral history involving the namesake of this thread:

http://www.hardballtimes.com/the-doug-mirabelli-trade-an-oral-history/
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9325
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: Mirabelli

Postby Briandong79 » 29 Apr 2016, 16:03

The phone call to Josh Beckett made me chuckle.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31160
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Previous

Return to Just another team.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron