The Official Jon Papelbon Might Suck Thread

The Boston Red Sox

Re: The Official Jon Papelbon Might Suck Thread

Postby ONTB » 14 Oct 2009, 20:49

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
ONTB wrote:Dunn can't play first base. He's awful. He'd be fine in left and a great addition to the line-up. I still don't think the Sox would give up Papelbon for Dunn straight up.

He can and has, he's no Youk or Texiera there but he wouldn't be as bad as Papi there either and more than makes up for it at the plate.

I've seen him play first as for some reason I keep watching Nationals games. He's terrible. Guy's UZR at first this season was -13.9. Although he was just as bad in left.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby chrisco » 14 Oct 2009, 21:51

ONTB wrote:
ONTB wrote:Dunn can't play first base. He's awful. He'd be fine in left and a great addition to the line-up. I still don't think the Sox would give up Papelbon for Dunn straight up.

He can and has, he's no Youk or Texiera there but he wouldn't be as bad as Papi there either and more than makes up for it at the plate.

I've seen him play first as for some reason I keep watching Nationals games. He's terrible. Guy's UZR at first this season was -13.9. Although he was just as bad in left.

UZR: Useless Zebra Rescues, Ugly Zitty Romanians, Urgent Zero Refinances?

Stop throwing capital letters out at us.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 14 Oct 2009, 22:04

chrisco wrote:
ONTB wrote:

Some kind of Zone Rating I'm guessing, either way if he got regular work in there I'm sure he'd be better and a serviceable first baseman. Still a steal at $10 mil a year.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 Oct 2009, 09:37

chrisco wrote:
ONTB wrote:

Some kind of Zone Rating I'm guessing, either way if he got regular work in there I'm sure he'd be better and a serviceable first baseman. Still a steal at $10 mil a year.

An absolute steal. Just think, for only $10 Mil, your team can have Adam Dunn and finish 34 games out of 1st.

Go Phils!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Rodney Farva » 15 Oct 2009, 10:03

i don't see boston playing dunn at 1B. "better than papi" doesn't mean a whole fuck of a lot. i also don't see the nats trading for him. at this point if they make a big trade for pitching it has to be for a starter. splashing out for a big closer who's going to get not that many closing opportunities makes little to no sense, they would be better off trying to find an 8th inning guy. at this point, papelboner would be as useless in DC as dooze in a whorehouse.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 15 Oct 2009, 12:56

Rodney Farva wrote:i don't see boston playing dunn at 1B. "better than papi" doesn't mean a whole fuck of a lot. i also don't see the nats trading for him. at this point if they make a big trade for pitching it has to be for a starter. splashing out for a big closer who's going to get not that many closing opportunities makes little to no sense, they would be better off trying to find an 8th inning guy. at this point, papelboner would be as useless in DC as dooze in a whorehouse.

Yeah, I said the Nats wouldn't do it though starting pitching wasn't their big problem, it was the bullpen. No "better than papi" isn't a huge, ringing endorsement but he's still a serviceable first baseman like Ryan Howard (there, starting 1b who plays everyday).

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:An absolute steal. Just think, for only $10 Mil, your team can have Adam Dunn and finish 34 games out of 1st.

Go Phils!

They could have had Texiera for $20 mil and still finished 34 games out...
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Frank the Tank » 20 Jan 2010, 05:55

Papelbon signs for one year, $9M+.

I bet he could've gotten $11M if he didn't fuck up ALDS Game 3.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 22 Jan 2010, 09:39

This has gotta be the Papelboner's last year in Boston, right? You guys must be getting sick of hit shit.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby Theny » 22 Jan 2010, 10:02

Clayton Bigsby wrote: You guys must be getting sick of hit shit.

Hit shit is not good for a closer.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby bosux » 22 Jan 2010, 10:29

who wouldn't want this guy on their team?

by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Frank the Tank » 22 Jan 2010, 18:15

Clayton Bigsby wrote:This has gotta be the Papelboner's last year in Boston, right? You guys must be getting sick of hit shit.

I think he'll leave as soon as he's a free agent, which means the Red Sox will probably try to trade him for some value, maybe as early as this year.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby bosux » 18 May 2010, 11:28

not to get all hyped up after game in May, but it was nice to beat up on someone elses closer the day after the Yanks gagged on it...also there's this nugget:

According to Elias Sports Bureau, in Papelbon's last 18 gms vs Yankees, he is 0-5 with a 7.85 ERA.

by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby chrisco » 18 May 2010, 12:01

bosux wrote:not to get all hyped up after game in May, but it was nice to beat up on someone elses closer the day after the Yanks gagged on it...also there's this nugget:

According to Elias Sports Bureau, in Papelbon's last 18 gms vs Yankees, he is 0-5 with a 7.85 ERA.

Those were some flat 92mph fastballs right down the pike. All I was hoping for that inning was him letting in one run and getting through the jam with a bunch of baserunners stranded. No such luck. Frustrating end to an enjoyable last third of the game.

Bo if you have the announcing team's ear can you ask them to ease up on the constant talk about the pitch count? YESnetwork was kind enough to put that on the screen this year.

The shaving cream antics were a hoot though, that might have been the only time in my life a Yankee made me laugh.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby ctz31 » 18 May 2010, 12:46

chrisco wrote:
bosux wrote:not to get all hyped up after game in May, but it was nice to beat up on someone elses closer the day after the Yanks gagged on it...also there's this nugget:

Those were some flat 92mph fastballs right down the pike. All I was hoping for that inning was him letting in one run and getting through the jam with a bunch of baserunners stranded. No such luck. Frustrating end to an enjoyable last third of the game.

Bo if you have the announcing team's ear can you ask them to ease up on the constant talk about the pitch count? YESnetwork was kind enough to put that on the screen this year.

The shaving cream antics were a hoot though, that might have been the only time in my life a Yankee made me laugh.

A.) What were the antics? I only saw highlights on the WWL. Did they do something different this time besides all of the others?

B.) What is A-Rod's obsession with the helmet? The rest of the team was celebrating and he was off on his own crawling between guys legs trying to grab it.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby Frank the Tank » 18 May 2010, 12:59

ESPN was saying that it's Papelbon's last 10 games against the Yankees where he's 0-5 with a 7.85 ERA. I'm sure he was awesome 11 games ago.

Fuckin' Papelbon...

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to Just another team.