Fenway Park

The Boston Red Sox

Re: Fenway Park

Postby ctz31 » 30 Oct 2013, 15:55

SouthernYokel wrote:
ctz31 wrote:We got scammed by a guy outside a dave matthews concert one year. But apparently he got a LOT of people, and we all started talking, formed a witch mob and tracked the dude down. Faced with getting his ass killed by a group of people, he had to give everyone their money back. He was trying to negotiate. "yo, c'mon let me keep a couple hundred for my troubles"

dave matthews...you deserved that shit

Those concerts were fun. I used to enjoy doing fun things. :beatsme:
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Frank the Tank » 10 Nov 2013, 18:46

Went to Fenway today for a "season ticket holder" appreciation day. Even though I don't have full season tickets, they were nice enough to extend the offer to 20-game and 10-game plan holders. One of the things you could do was take batting practice. I only got to have one person take it since I only have a ten-game plan, so I gave the ten pitches to Tank Jr. He hit them pretty well. We got to go in to the visitors' clubhouse, go on the field for BP with the batting simulcast on the jumbotron, then go out through the Red Sox locker room. There was also a photo op with the three most recent World Series trophies. Great time.

2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby mister bacon » 11 Nov 2013, 11:16

Frank the Tank wrote:Went to Fenway today for a "season ticket holder" appreciation day. Even though I don't have full season tickets, they were nice enough to extend the offer to 20-game and 10-game plan holders. One of the things you could do was take batting practice. I only got to have one person take it since I only have a ten-game plan, so I gave the ten pitches to Tank Jr. He hit them pretty well. We got to go in to the visitors' clubhouse, go on the field for BP with the batting simulcast on the jumbotron, then go out through the Red Sox locker room. There was also a photo op with the three most recent World Series trophies. Great time.

dude. thats pretty fucking awesome. does your child now worship you?
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Frank the Tank » 11 Nov 2013, 12:18

mister bacon wrote:dude. thats pretty fucking awesome. does your child now worship you?

I got about a day of worship out of it. Then his first quarter grades arrived in my Monday morning email, I scolded him, and I'm back to evil. Such is life.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Briandong79 » 11 Nov 2013, 12:20

That is really awesome. I'm surprised Dempster wasn't out there still tossing BP.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JT99 » 11 Nov 2013, 12:50

Frank the Tank wrote:
mister bacon wrote:dude. thats pretty fucking awesome. does your child now worship you?

I got about a day of worship out of it. Then his first quarter grades arrived in my Monday morning email, I scolded him, and I'm back to evil. Such is life.

"I should have never let you taken my at-bats at Fenway with these grades!!" :evil:
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Prez » 30 May 2014, 10:06

Yokel: assignment. Please post here with your overall impression of Fenway. I know you never saw it before the current ownership, but it was a toilet compared to now. Did you walk around or just show up and go to your seats?
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby SouthernYokel » 30 May 2014, 10:24

Prez wrote:Yokel: assignment. Please post here with your overall impression of Fenway. I know you never saw it before the current ownership, but it was a toilet compared to now. Did you walk around or just show up and go to your seats?

the inside of the stadium still seems like a shit hole to me. I thought the videoboards were kind of cool, had a really vivid and clear picture. They should have spent that money on the actual stadium interior. I walked outside during the 3rd-4th innings. I thought yawkey way and the other blocked off streets were really cool. It probably would have felt like a bait & switch to me if i'd gotten there early like i wanted to*, would have seen all that nice stuff outside and then walked in to the dark, green, moldy, dank shell of a ballpark. Fenway franks were better than i was expecting, i don't know where i got the impression that they were going to suck but the loaf of bread bun is cool. The beers were kinda small but i found out i was going to the "cheap beer" station after i walked around a bit. before that i just assumed they were trying to keep the natives from getting restless by limiting portions. the seats are uncomfortable AF. i got a little flyered up when they ran a hype video before the bottom of the 9th, even though it was playing that terrible song. crowd was great in those last 2 innings. JBJ has the best walkup music. Brock Holt had the worst walkup music. I hate dustin pedroia more today than i ever did.

I was directionally confused by how far away from the stadium the Citgo sign is. For some reason i thought it was right behind it, guess that's just the way it looks on TV.

*went with 5 woman from work, they were not ready on time and then we got turned around trying to park at Alewife and spent an extra 40 minutes circling the block to get back to the garage entrance. Walked into the stadium with 2 outs in the top of the 1st, seething with rage on the inside, smiling politely on the outside.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mj3528 » 30 May 2014, 10:32

SouthernYokel wrote:
Prez wrote:Yokel: assignment. Please post here with your overall impression of Fenway. I know you never saw it before the current ownership, but it was a toilet compared to now. Did you walk around or just show up and go to your seats?

the inside of the stadium still seems like a shit hole to me. I thought the videoboards were kind of cool, had a really vivid and clear picture. They should have spent that money on the actual stadium interior. I walked outside during the 3rd-4th innings. I thought yawkey way and the other blocked off streets were really cool. It probably would have felt like a bait & switch to me if i'd gotten there early like i wanted to*, would have seen all that nice stuff outside and then walked in to the dark, green, moldy, dank shell of a ballpark. Fenway franks were better than i was expecting, i don't know where i got the impression that they were going to suck but the loaf of bread bun is cool. The beers were kinda small but i found out i was going to the "cheap beer" station after i walked around a bit. before that i just assumed they were trying to keep the natives from getting restless by limiting portions. the seats are uncomfortable AF. i got a little flyered up when they ran a hype video before the bottom of the 9th, even though it was playing that terrible song. crowd was great in those last 2 innings. JBJ has the best walkup music. Brock Holt had the worst walkup music. I hate dustin pedroia more today than i ever did.

I was directionally confused by how far away from the stadium the Citgo sign is. For some reason i thought it was right behind it, guess that's just the way it looks on TV.

*went with 5 woman from work, they were not ready on time and then we got turned around trying to park at Alewife and spent an extra 40 minutes circling the block to get back to the garage entrance. Walked into the stadium with 2 outs in the top of the 1st, seething with rage on the inside, smiling politely on the outside.

I think we need some more information about these 5 women. Did they get drunk and handsy with pretty Yokel?
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby SouthernYokel » 30 May 2014, 10:36

mj3528 wrote:I think we need some more information about these 5 women. Did they get drunk and handsy with pretty Yokel?

all but one of them are old ladies. the one in my age group is attractive enough i guess...2-3 years ago she'd have been an absolute yes but she's let herself go, is now solidly in the "good looking for a chubby gal" category. nobody got handsy, though the one that used to be my boss was having a grand time pointing out skanks for me.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Previous

Return to Just another team.