Red Sox Fans: Die Hards or Frontrunners?

The Boston Red Sox

Re: Red Sox Fans: Die Hards or Frontrunners?

Postby Gregs Kite » 02 Nov 2017, 16:40

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Ruben Amaro Jr. will be #Mets’ first base/baserunning/outfield coach, sources tell The Athletic. Had similar role with #RedSox last season.

sup

I'll miss him.

Now that I remember he was a coach on the team this year.

Still, big lost.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 03 Nov 2017, 10:29

Congratulations on hiring Tony Larussa.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby TVF wannabe » 03 Nov 2017, 11:36

Gregs Kite wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Ruben Amaro Jr. will be #Mets’ first base/baserunning/outfield coach, sources tell The Athletic. Had similar role with #RedSox last season.

sup

I'll miss him.

Now that I remember he was a coach on the team this year.

Still, big lost.

Enjoy Tom Goodwin nothing like a 1B coach swap
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 14 Nov 2017, 01:47

Of my three friends four friends who follow the fine sport of baseball, three are Sox fans (and the other is a Yankees fan lol). One of the Sox fans in particular also follows Manchester United, the Cowboys & the Lakers too, confirming that Sox fans are some of the worst people in the world. Thanks, bye.
#2C4S
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby SouthernYokel » 14 Nov 2017, 11:16

Mario Speedwagon wrote:Of my three friends four friends who follow the fine sport of baseball, three are Sox fans (and the other is a Yankees fan lol). One of the Sox fans in particular also follows Manchester United, the Cowboys & the Lakers too, confirming that Sox fans are some of the worst people in the world. Thanks, bye.

is this a person from GB or Australia? Or an American? I agree, an American who follows those teams is a douche. I don't hold it against a foreigner though because they're only going to see those teams. NBC only shows me Man U, Man City, Arsenal and Tottenham games. If i were to pick an EPL team i wouldn't really know much about Wolverhampton, nawmean?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 14 Nov 2017, 12:56

SouthernYokel wrote:
Mario Speedwagon wrote:Of my three friends four friends who follow the fine sport of baseball, three are Sox fans (and the other is a Yankees fan lol). One of the Sox fans in particular also follows Manchester United, the Cowboys & the Lakers too, confirming that Sox fans are some of the worst people in the world. Thanks, bye.

is this a person from GB or Australia? Or an American? I agree, an American who follows those teams is a douche. I don't hold it against a foreigner though because they're only going to see those teams. NBC only shows me Man U, Man City, Arsenal and Tottenham games. If i were to pick an EPL team i wouldn't really know much about Wolverhampton, nawmean?

He's from Australia. But it's not right & I will never fully trust him because of it.

If he was German in the 30's he'd have been big in to the Nazi party, can't hold it against them though - that's all you're going to see in the papers and on the radio back then.
#2C4S
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 14 Nov 2017, 22:35

Gotta be careful of which teams you pick. Back in the day I picked Ipswich Town as my EPL team. They got relegated and never heard from again.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 15 Nov 2017, 01:39

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Gotta be careful of which teams you pick. Back in the day I picked Ipswich Town as my EPL team. They got relegated and never heard from again.

Tractor Boys 4 lyf.
#2C4S
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby chrisco » 15 Nov 2017, 07:31

Mario Speedwagon wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Gotta be careful of which teams you pick. Back in the day I picked Ipswich Town as my EPL team. They got relegated and never heard from again.

Tractor Boys 4 lyf.

Portsmouth fan nodding over here.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Frank the Tank » 09 Jan 2018, 09:42

The Red Sox called me yesterday to ask why I hadn’t renewed my ten-game plan after fourteen seasons. I told them “it’s not you, it’s me”. Only made it to three of my ten games last year. Just too busy for a plan with so many weekday games. Would rather have better seats for three games a year of my choosing than ten games per year where I have no say. I’m still loyal to the team. I’m sorry but I just need to let it go. Got a little dusty.

The ticket rep said “Ok, we’ll release your seats for sale to the public. Thank you. <click>”

I assume they cried when the call ended. I understand needing to get off the phone quickly otherwise they would have broken down. They tried to stay strong. I admire that.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Gregs Kite » 09 Jan 2018, 09:46

Stay strong, Frank. Maybe now is the time to try something new to occupy your time and ease the pain. Painting, ballroom dancing, yoga, whatever. Don't let your thoughts dwell.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Frank the Tank » 09 Jan 2018, 10:00

Gregs Kite wrote:Stay strong, Frank. Maybe now is the time to try something new to occupy your time and ease the pain. Painting, ballroom dancing, yoga, whatever. Don't let your thoughts dwell.

Nah, I think I’m just gonna have my fourth pint of Ben and Jerry’s and watch Bridget Jones’s Diary for the twenty-sixth time.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 09 Jan 2018, 10:04

Gotta keep your schedule clear for all them Rubik's tourneys.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby ctz31 » 09 Jan 2018, 10:13

Frank the Tank wrote:The Red Sox called me yesterday to ask why I hadn’t renewed my ten-game plan after fourteen seasons. I told them “it’s not you, it’s me”. Only made it to three of my ten games last year. Just too busy for a plan with so many weekday games. Would rather have better seats for three games a year of my choosing than ten games per year where I have no say. I’m still loyal to the team. I’m sorry but I just need to let it go. Got a little dusty.

The ticket rep said “Ok, we’ll release your seats for sale to the public. Thank you. <click>”

I assume they cried when the call ended. I understand needing to get off the phone quickly otherwise they would have broken down. They tried to stay strong. I admire that.

ctz31
#nnf

Previous

Return to Just another team.