F---, Magary, Kill

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: F---, Magary, Kill

Postby TheWolf » 23 Jan 2018, 16:52

JichaelDick wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Congrats, Goose. I LOLed at that.

Also from today:

That’s just wishful thinking. The refs fuck up because they are boobs, and the Pats win everything because God hates mankind and wants to speed its demise. It’s Occam’s Razor, really. I’d rather just accept it than waste my time being some BUTTHURT fanboy sitting there and hoping some imaginary high court reverses some sports outcome I personally deem to be unfair. A.J. Bouye and Myles Jack both got fucking hosed but no one is gonna un-hose it.

Sup, 31?

I understand why people are upset about the Jack call. You'd like to see the official not blow the whistle until he's certain the play is dead, but that shit happens sometimes. After reviewing several replays, it does appear he was not being touched when he clearly took full possession of the ball. That being said, I'm still not 100 on the rule here. The ball was clearly "out" - as in no longer in Lewis's possession - before he hit the ground. But it was pinned between both guys until they hit the ground. In order to finish taking it away from Lewis, wouldn't they kind of still have to be touching while he rips it out of there? I get wanting them to hold off on the whistle and give the ref a chance to see the replay and get it right. But are we even sure they'd have allowed him to advance it on replay if the whistle hadn't been blown?

But whatever, I'll grant that one. The Bouye call... On what planet is this not textbook pass interference? The ball is in the air, he puts his hands on the receiver without looking for the ball, and the receiver is therefore unable to get around him to attempt to make a play. The ball may have looked uncatchable based on being inside and Cooks not being able to get to that spot. And if Bouye doesn't touch him, that's great coverage to shield the route and not give him the chance to make that play. But as soon as he puts his hands on him, as minor as anyone thinks it might have been, that's the literal definition of defensive pass interference.

I thought it was iffy because I don't think it was catchable, and to that point the refs had been really letting them play tight. Saying that, I understand WHY it was called

I guess I'm OK with that explanation, thank you. It wasn't completely egregious, so maybe in a game where it feels like they're letting them play, you might expect a no call there. My beef is with people like this faggot who say Bouye "got fucking hosed" on that call. That play draws a flag far more often than not, IMO.

But I do enjoy the taste of DREW tears, so I'll be fine.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby JichaelDick » 23 Jan 2018, 16:57

Yeah, and I didn't really have a huge issue with the Jack whistle. The Church hit was the only call you can make, even if I didn't think he was specifically trying to hurt Gronk. Ramsey did the old Long Train Neck Tie. False start and Delay are obvious. I think the refs tended to let them play for the most part.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Gregs Kite » 25 Jan 2018, 11:47

https://www.gq.com/story/did-you-have-a ... al_twitter

So I get up, boot up my phone, and I check Twitter to see if anything important happened while I was asleep. And nothing did. But I DID see a picture of the president, and that made me pissy, so already I was off to a rollicking start.

Then I searched TRUMP on Twitter even though I can’t stand Trump and even though I had already sabotaged my own morning by looking, voluntarily, at his big orange meathole. I don’t know why I do this to myself.

Election Night 2016, by comparison, received no stars of any kind.

okay.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 25 Jan 2018, 12:48

I checked my mentions and a dude from Pittsburgh told me, “Keep the Steelers out of your mouth.” The first sentence of his Twitter bio said “Christian.”

ok...?

I know that all sounds very boring and tedious to you

yes it did.

I’m sure it bored you to death.

again, yes. if you're apologizing twice for writing a boring column during the column, it probably would be better to scratch it and come up with a new idea, just a thought :beatsme:
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 25 Jan 2018, 12:50

Dr Jeckyll wrote:again, yes. if you're apologizing twice for writing a boring column during the column, it probably would be better to scratch it and come up with a new idea, just a thought :beatsme:

Yeah, but how else can he use his GQ platform to convey to us how GRRRRRRRR his President makes him every day?

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BigJohnStudd » 25 Jan 2018, 13:26

Gregs Kite wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:again, yes. if you're apologizing twice for writing a boring column during the column, it probably would be better to scratch it and come up with a new idea, just a thought :beatsme:

Yeah, but how else can he use his GQ platform to convey to us how GRRRRRRRR his President makes him every day?

In the 80s, GQ ran topless lingerie pics of Paulina Porizkova. Now they run this shit. Way to go, "Gentlemen".
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby ctz31 » 25 Jan 2018, 13:27

BigJohnStudd wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

In the 80s, GQ ran topless lingerie pics of Paulina Porizkova. Now they run this shit. Way to go, "Gentlemen".

You can thank 79.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Briandong79 » 25 Jan 2018, 13:30

ctz31 wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

You can thank 79.

True, if we have established anything about my personality around here, it has been my hatred of scantily clad women.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby the cheese » 25 Jan 2018, 14:07

Briandong79 wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

You can thank 79.

True, if we have established anything about my personality around here, it has been my hatred of scantily clad women.

They ran a topless picture of Kim K (multiple ones I think) in 2017 and they ran a topless pic of Miranda Kerr virtually every year from 2010-2015.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Theny » 25 Jan 2018, 14:10

So his entire parenting philosophy from now on is simply asking his kids if they had a good day online. Makes ctz look like FOY, literally.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby mister bacon » 25 Jan 2018, 14:14

Briandong79 wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

You can thank 79.

her boobs were not up to the dong standard so gq had to step it up.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Gregs Kite » 25 Jan 2018, 14:27

Theny wrote:So his entire parenting philosophy from now on is simply asking his kids if they had a good day online. Makes ctz look like FOY, literally.

Hang on now, I'd like to know if he has to drive his kids more than 1000 feet into someone else's house before school.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Incogneetus69 » 25 Jan 2018, 19:15

Trump is ruining this country.

What’s he up to anyways haven’t heard from him in a while. Any updates??
Incogneetus69
Another dude worth meeting

Postby chrisco » 25 Jan 2018, 19:27

Incogneetus69 wrote:Trump is ruining this country.

He's in Davos unlocking the secrets of the sea.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Theny » 25 Jan 2018, 19:32

chrisco wrote:
Incogneetus69 wrote:Trump is ruining this country.

He's in Davos unlocking the secrets of the sea.

"Betsy" "sir" Davos
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell