F---, Magary, Kill

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: F---, Magary, Kill

Postby the cheese » 11 Jan 2018, 15:31

chrisco wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:It's possible for both David Brooks and Drew magary to be idiots

As well as the Cheese, Greg's Kite, and the entire cast of SOTSG dot com.

This is known.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Gregs Kite » 12 Jan 2018, 14:56

HF61 is MAD, you guys!!1!!!!1

Really very little doubt he doesn't come here anymore...

NAWT NEWS NAWT NEWS NAWT NEWS WHY ISN’T ANYONE BUT ME TALKING ABOUT THE FACT THAT THE PATS HAVE FIVE RINGS?

Step up your game, RaincloudTheFritz!

God, FUCK Hench. How many goddamn friends and relatives are you gonna give jobs to? “Coming up next on The Ringer is a 57-part podcast breaking down Short Circuit 2 hosted by my boy, and #1 Short Circuit 2 fan, D-Mick!” Ron Artest had a smaller crony payroll, Christ.

Weren't we JUST talking about Ally Sheedy and Fisher Stevens?

I know! You may have actually been reasonable people back then instead of whatever fucked-up, wealthy, cockfaced steakhouse bros you are now.

Steak? Bros? Cock? Halfway to SOTSG Bingo!

People ask us why we harp on Bill Simmons a lot here and the answer is because he’s the most powerful, influential sportswriter in America.

Wait, what? My boy Raincloud keeps telling me no one takes Simmons seriously. And he's super smart and can do a Boston accent, according to his boyfriend MisterTambourineMan, so....

It’s fucking embarrassing, and it’s emblematic of an America where one aggro dickwipe is somehow worth 10 times as much, if not much more, than the superior talents beneath him.

Farvian level whining, right there. Impressive.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 12 Jan 2018, 15:44

That really was a piss-poor attempt at a DTF-ian breakdown, Drew. And seriously, that was the least shitty thing Simmons has written in years, but this is the one that pushes you over the edge? Whine more about him being more famous than you.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dthefritz » 12 Jan 2018, 16:45

I don't know how many more times I need to say this: I've never claimed once that Simmons' ideas aren't taken seriously, or that people don't pay attention to him. You don't see me complaining about some schmuck who writes for the Globe.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 12 Jan 2018, 16:48

I enjoyed this piece by DREW.

He should stick to eviscerating Bill and Peter, and he’d get my click each week.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Briandong79 » 15 Jan 2018, 10:03

Not a single shoehorned political reference in the whole piece, way to go Drew:
https://deadspin.com/holy-fucking-shit- ... 1822084873
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TheWolf » 15 Jan 2018, 10:12

Briandong79 wrote:Not a single shoehorned political reference in the whole piece, way to go Drew:

Good for him! I don't think I realized he was a Vikings fan.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby ctz31 » 15 Jan 2018, 11:45

TheWolf wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Not a single shoehorned political reference in the whole piece, way to go Drew:

Good for him! I don't think I realized he was a Vikings fan.

Agreed w him that it doesn't matter if they get assfucked by the eagles. It's like how i felt about the dalton pass. They get a week of glory now regardless and have that moment.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Dthefritz » 15 Jan 2018, 13:36

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I enjoyed this piece by DREW.

He should stick to eviscerating Bill and Peter, and he’d get my click each week.

I agree, are boston contingent is really reaching here. Bill tried to counter actual reporting by pulling a bunch of shit out of ass, like some athlete with a BS yarn about why they tested positive for PED's. It wasn't as punchy or humorous as some of Drew's best work, but he's on point here and I enjoyed it.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby JichaelDick » Yesterday, 17:03

I, shockingly, agree with this taek...

Here it is: Meatloaf sucks. The food, not the singer. Maybe I’m scarred by having to eat Lipton soup mix meatloaf as a kid, but I really don’t see the appeal, man. Fast food joints get shit all the time for padding their meat with filler like bread crumbs and what not. Why does meat loaf get a pass? Meatloaf is like the realization of Eddie Murphy’s nightmare burger from Raw. Every time some food critic coos over a nouveau comfort diner serving meat loaf sandwiches for $18 a pop, my eyebrow raises. Why wouldn’t I just have a fucking burger instead? Or why wouldn’t I have meatballs, which have more of a sear on them and don’t taste like meat insulation? Your meat credit is better spent elsewhere, people. Outside of bread, very few things are appetizing in loaf form.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby TheWolf » Yesterday, 17:05

JichaelDick wrote:I, shockingly, agree with this taek...

Here it is: Meatloaf sucks. The food, not the singer. Maybe I’m scarred by having to eat Lipton soup mix meatloaf as a kid, but I really don’t see the appeal, man. Fast food joints get shit all the time for padding their meat with filler like bread crumbs and what not. Why does meat loaf get a pass? Meatloaf is like the realization of Eddie Murphy’s nightmare burger from Raw. Every time some food critic coos over a nouveau comfort diner serving meat loaf sandwiches for $18 a pop, my eyebrow raises. Why wouldn’t I just have a fucking burger instead? Or why wouldn’t I have meatballs, which have more of a sear on them and don’t taste like meat insulation? Your meat credit is better spent elsewhere, people. Outside of bread, very few things are appetizing in loaf form.

Meat loaf is a perfectly cromuletn foodstuff. FOH. Like anyone gives a fuck about the "sear." Meat loaf is just meatballs in a different shape.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby JichaelDick » Yesterday, 17:08

As the resident fat ass of this place, I fucking hate meat loaf. I have always hated meat loaf. I will always hate meat loaf. I'm really not too high on meatballs, either.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby TheWolf » Yesterday, 17:11

JichaelDick wrote:As the resident fat ass of this place, I fucking hate meat loaf. I have always hated meat loaf. I will always hate meat loaf. I'm really not too high on meatballs, either.

At least that's a consistent take. If you don't like it, that's fine. Not everyone likes everything. My issue is really with him acting like meatballs are somehow superior to meatloaf and sounding like a dick face about it. They're the same damn thing.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby JichaelDick » Yesterday, 17:24

TheWolf wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:As the resident fat ass of this place, I fucking hate meat loaf. I have always hated meat loaf. I will always hate meat loaf. I'm really not too high on meatballs, either.

At least that's a consistent take. If you don't like it, that's fine. Not everyone likes everything. My issue is really with him acting like meatballs are somehow superior to meatloaf and sounding like a dick face about it. They're the same damn thing.

Fair.

I blame my great-grandma, who was an excellent cook except for meat loaf, which for some reason always tasted like she had taken the ground beef out of the pack and cooked it for like a minute and a half. My mom made it every now and again and overcooked the hell out of it. Tried it at a Cracker Barrel and at a "meat and 3 place," and hated it both times. Me and meat loaf are just not simpatico.

Two Out of Three Ain't Bad is a helluva track, doe.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby TheWolf » Yesterday, 17:37

Jike will eat anything for lunch, but he won't eat that.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell