F---, Magary, Kill

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: F---, Magary, Kill

Postby Briandong79 » 18 Apr 2017, 11:01

PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 30844
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: F---, Magary, Kill

Postby JichaelDick » 18 Apr 2017, 11:11

Briandong79 wrote:4 years ago today:
http://deadspin.com/we-fucking-suck-so- ... in_twitter

:sniff:


TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 25776
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Re: F---, Magary, Kill

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Apr 2017, 11:58

Drew is back with more important political journalism:
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/mike-p ... 1794495680
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 30844
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: F---, Magary, Kill

Postby the cheese » 20 Apr 2017, 12:47

Briandong79 wrote:Drew is back with more important political journalism:
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/mike-p ... 1794495680


Drew wrote:“I thought it was important that we went outside,” he said. “I thought it was important that people on the other side of the DMZ see our resolve in my face.”

Dude, you’re fucking afraid to eat dinner with a woman.




This is a decent burn though.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 18370
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: F---, Magary, Kill

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 Apr 2017, 12:51

the cheese wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Drew is back with more important political journalism:
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/mike-p ... 1794495680


Drew wrote:“I thought it was important that we went outside,” he said. “I thought it was important that people on the other side of the DMZ see our resolve in my face.”

Dude, you’re fucking afraid to eat dinner with a woman.




This is a decent burn though.


To be fair, a woman is more dangerous than Kim Jong Tubbycheeks.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23112
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: F---, Magary, Kill

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 20 Apr 2017, 13:03

Is Magary still popular? Has he been surpassed by Stoolie Nation?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 30770
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: F---, Magary, Kill

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 20 Apr 2017, 13:25

Not popular enough to write for The Ringer.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18255
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: F---, Magary, Kill

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 28 Apr 2017, 12:19

http://deadspin.com/how-to-suck-at-bein ... 1794674167

Mags eviscerates Richard Deitsch.

I think that Deistch stinks too. But this column was too all over the place. Simmons-esque. I could barely read it.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 30770
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: F---, Magary, Kill

Postby BigJohnStudd » 28 Apr 2017, 13:16

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:http://deadspin.com/how-to-suck-at-being-a-sports-media-critic-1794674167

Mags eviscerates Richard Deitsch.

I think that Deistch stinks too. But this column was too all over the place. Simmons-esque. I could barely read it.


I always confuse Richard Deitsch and Will Leitch, so this column made no sense to me at first. It also made no sense to me after that too.
User avatar
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit
 
Posts: 3643
Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 00:01

Re: F---, Magary, Kill

Postby Rodney Farva » 28 Apr 2017, 19:21

i generally like deitsch but that was pretty lame.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 24803
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: F---, Magary, Kill

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 28 Apr 2017, 20:10

Rodney Farva wrote:i generally like deitsch but that was pretty lame.

He's a liberal cuck!!!1
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 30770
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: F---, Magary, Kill

Postby mj3528 » 09 May 2017, 13:17

ctz writes to hf61 for guidance:

Steve:

My wife shuts it down pretty early on weekends. I tend to stay up watching movies, listening to music, or cooking. Is it acceptable to get drunk at home, solo, during these missions? I’m not talking puking drunk... but I have no problem having a few drinks to the point where I’m in no shape to drive.

Yeah, of course it’s acceptable. Some of the best dad nights come when everyone else is asleep and you’re free to drink a six-pack and listen to CRANK SOME TUNEZ. I’m talkin’ Cheap Trick, ELO, maybe even a little Steppenwolf. Awwwwww shit yeah now this house is a ROCKIN’! The freedom is the real buzz. You know what I also do sometimes when it’s after dark and no one else is awake? I dance. That’s right. I dance all over the house. I’M A MANIAC… MANNNNNNNNNIAC. It’s a blast.

The urge to drink alone grows as you get older, because there’s an enormous appeal in A) Drinking and B) Not having to talk to anyone and C) Not having to spend money on bars/cabs and D) Not even having to wear pants.

BUT…

I’ll be honest and tell you that I indulge in drinking alone far too often, especially during any busy sports season (like right now). I’ll put the game on mute, slip on some headphones, and then drink more Old Overholt than is acceptable for a man without company. It’s fun to imbibe to your heart’s content, but I got a strong feeling this is how I end up slipping and becoming one of those sad old dudes who has his own designated stool at the TGI Friday’s. It’s probably best to set some limits for yourself when drinking alone (and drinking in general, but alone too). I should really make a point of switching over to tea after the first eight or nine cocktails. It’s not like tea can stop me from unleashing the sick dance moves.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 9075
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: F---, Magary, Kill

Postby Gregs Kite » 09 May 2017, 13:22

mj3528 wrote:ctz writes to hf61 for guidance:

Steve:

My wife shuts it down pretty early on weekends. I tend to stay up watching movies, listening to music, or cooking. Is it acceptable to get drunk at home, solo, during these missions? I’m not talking puking drunk... but I have no problem having a few drinks to the point where I’m in no shape to drive.

Yeah, of course it’s acceptable. Some of the best dad nights come when everyone else is asleep and you’re free to drink a six-pack and listen to CRANK SOME TUNEZ. I’m talkin’ Cheap Trick, ELO, maybe even a little Steppenwolf. Awwwwww shit yeah now this house is a ROCKIN’! The freedom is the real buzz. You know what I also do sometimes when it’s after dark and no one else is awake? I dance. That’s right. I dance all over the house. I’M A MANIAC… MANNNNNNNNNIAC. It’s a blast.

The urge to drink alone grows as you get older, because there’s an enormous appeal in A) Drinking and B) Not having to talk to anyone and C) Not having to spend money on bars/cabs and D) Not even having to wear pants.

BUT…

I’ll be honest and tell you that I indulge in drinking alone far too often, especially during any busy sports season (like right now). I’ll put the game on mute, slip on some headphones, and then drink more Old Overholt than is acceptable for a man without company. It’s fun to imbibe to your heart’s content, but I got a strong feeling this is how I end up slipping and becoming one of those sad old dudes who has his own designated stool at the TGI Friday’s. It’s probably best to set some limits for yourself when drinking alone (and drinking in general, but alone too). I should really make a point of switching over to tea after the first eight or nine cocktails. It’s not like tea can stop me from unleashing the sick dance moves.


Jesus Christ this is exactly what I do. Except it's 90s alternative instead of the Trick, ELO, and 'Wolf.

PS: C and D are so fucking spot on.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23112
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: F---, Magary, Kill

Postby CourtesyFlush » 09 May 2017, 13:24

Gregs Kite wrote:
mj3528 wrote:ctz writes to hf61 for guidance:

Steve:

My wife shuts it down pretty early on weekends. I tend to stay up watching movies, listening to music, or cooking. Is it acceptable to get drunk at home, solo, during these missions? I’m not talking puking drunk... but I have no problem having a few drinks to the point where I’m in no shape to drive.

Yeah, of course it’s acceptable. Some of the best dad nights come when everyone else is asleep and you’re free to drink a six-pack and listen to CRANK SOME TUNEZ. I’m talkin’ Cheap Trick, ELO, maybe even a little Steppenwolf. Awwwwww shit yeah now this house is a ROCKIN’! The freedom is the real buzz. You know what I also do sometimes when it’s after dark and no one else is awake? I dance. That’s right. I dance all over the house. I’M A MANIAC… MANNNNNNNNNIAC. It’s a blast.

The urge to drink alone grows as you get older, because there’s an enormous appeal in A) Drinking and B) Not having to talk to anyone and C) Not having to spend money on bars/cabs and D) Not even having to wear pants.

BUT…

I’ll be honest and tell you that I indulge in drinking alone far too often, especially during any busy sports season (like right now). I’ll put the game on mute, slip on some headphones, and then drink more Old Overholt than is acceptable for a man without company. It’s fun to imbibe to your heart’s content, but I got a strong feeling this is how I end up slipping and becoming one of those sad old dudes who has his own designated stool at the TGI Friday’s. It’s probably best to set some limits for yourself when drinking alone (and drinking in general, but alone too). I should really make a point of switching over to tea after the first eight or nine cocktails. It’s not like tea can stop me from unleashing the sick dance moves.


Jesus Christ this is exactly what I do. Except it's 90s alternative instead of the Trick, ELO, and 'Wolf.

PS: C and D are so fucking spot on.

I'm more in the B/C range, but yeah that hits pretty close to home. Good work, hf61 you lunatic creeper.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14316
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: F---, Magary, Kill

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 23 May 2017, 13:42

@bjs, can you shed some light on this?

Like a team that’s up in basketball, is there any benefit for a Jeopardy! contestant who’s leading in Double Jeopardy to intentionally milk the clock by hemming and hawing over which category and/or clue to select next? Especially if it’s a category the leader knows nothing about. Is there a time limit on choosing a clue? Sure it would be obnoxious, but that hasn’t stopped any number of contestants from employing annoying strategies (ie. Arthur Chu). I’ve tried asking Ken Jennings this and get nothing.


http://adequateman.deadspin.com/will-ca ... 1795462267
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18255
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests