F---, Magary, Kill

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: F---, Magary, Kill

Postby SouthernYokel » 14 Mar 2017, 15:06

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:hf61 ranks the best sporting events to drink at

I generally agree with the rankings and analysis.

I watched one of the DC guys lob a shot right over the goalkeeper, Carli Lloyd-style, and into the net.

Carli Lloyd-style

Yeah.

:lol: really leaned into that one, congrats ball.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Dthefritz » 14 Mar 2017, 19:06

MisterTambourineMan wrote:hf61 ranks the best sporting events to drink at

I generally agree with the rankings and analysis.

What is this guy going on about? Drinking? Sports? Truly, the nadir of preachy liberalism has been reached.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Mar 2017, 17:01

The column he just posted about some business writer who doesnt like office tourney pools starts with this intro:

As much as we here at Deadspin like to poke fun at sportswriters and political hot-take artists

:evil: :evil: :evil: You ARE the sportswriter political hot take artists.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Dthefritz » 22 Mar 2017, 17:29

SouthernYokel wrote:The column he just posted about some business writer who doesnt like office tourney pools starts with this intro:

As much as we here at Deadspin like to poke fun at sportswriters and political hot-take artists

:evil: :evil: :evil: You ARE the sportswriter political hot take artists.

Yeah, but they have nonchalance and self-awareness and stuff.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby the cheese » 28 Mar 2017, 13:48

Somebody emailing Magary wrote:With South Carolina Final Fouring...are we in any danger of the 1990s Cocks hats making a comeback? Of bad bro fads, this is one of worst right?

Who here owned one of these? Besides Yokel and ONTB obviously.

Shockingly to Gregs, I did not. Doesn't mean I didn't want one, or a Fordham FU hat, or the Big Johnson T-Shirts Magary mentions later in the response, but Ma Dukes wouldn't buy them, wouldn't let me buy one with my own money, and wouldn't let me out of the house wearing one.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby CourtesyFlush » 28 Mar 2017, 13:51

the cheese wrote:
Somebody emailing Magary wrote:With South Carolina Final Fouring...are we in any danger of the 1990s Cocks hats making a comeback? Of bad bro fads, this is one of worst right?

Shockingly to Gregs, I did not. Doesn't mean I didn't want one, or a Fordham FU hat, or the Big Johnson T-Shirts Magary mentions later in the response, but Ma Dukes wouldn't buy them, wouldn't let me buy one with my own money, and wouldn't let me out of the house wearing one.

I probably owned 10 Big Johnson shirts when I was in high school. And a great Molly's Mellons shirt. I had fun.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 28 Mar 2017, 13:52

the cheese wrote:

fuck these guys those were and are great hats. they never stopped making them here. obviously. because they're great hats.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 28 Mar 2017, 13:54

SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:

fuck these guys those were and are great hats. they never stopped making them here. obviously. because they're great hats.

Gotta agree on them being great hats. These assholes viewing 90s trends through the lens of Woke 2017 are really annoying. Yeah, they weren't in great taste. WGAF, WGAS?
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mj3528 » 28 Mar 2017, 13:55

Was anyone else disturbed by the e-mail of the week?:

I had an early flight the other day, and decided to stop at the surprisingly busy “restaurant” to grab a small bite to eat. The only spot open was at the bar next to a middle aged, pleasant lady finishing her meal. Seeing as though I didn’t have that much time, and feeling the awkwardness of small talk expectations, I asked her how long it took her to get her meal. The timeframe bordered on me possibly not receiving the terrible airport breakfast in time for my flight, so she ended up offering me her uneaten French toast she had left over. Scenario breakdown: French toast was not on a side plate, it was already covered in syrup, but it appeared untouched. It was a very odd situation, and because I’m a weak person (for not wanting to shun her overly friendly attitude, and because - food) I went ahead with it. I felt gross afterwards but probably not enough to regret the situation. Would you have done the same? And what would it take for you to eat or not eat some stranger’s leftovers breakfast?

Who here would do this if they were in the guy's shoes? IMS, in a commitment to the spread sheet?
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 28 Mar 2017, 13:58

mj3528 wrote:Was anyone else disturbed by the e-mail of the week?:

I had an early flight the other day, and decided to stop at the surprisingly busy “restaurant” to grab a small bite to eat. The only spot open was at the bar next to a middle aged, pleasant lady finishing her meal. Seeing as though I didn’t have that much time, and feeling the awkwardness of small talk expectations, I asked her how long it took her to get her meal. The timeframe bordered on me possibly not receiving the terrible airport breakfast in time for my flight, so she ended up offering me her uneaten French toast she had left over. Scenario breakdown: French toast was not on a side plate, it was already covered in syrup, but it appeared untouched. It was a very odd situation, and because I’m a weak person (for not wanting to shun her overly friendly attitude, and because - food) I went ahead with it. I felt gross afterwards but probably not enough to regret the situation. Would you have done the same? And what would it take for you to eat or not eat some stranger’s leftovers breakfast?

Who here would do this if they were in the guy's shoes? IMS, in a commitment to the spread sheet?

thats fucking disgusting. Just go to Hudson News and get a Kind Bar, asshole.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Mar 2017, 14:01

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Gotta agree on them being great hats. These assholes viewing 90s trends through the lens of Woke 2017 are really annoying. Yeah, they weren't in great taste. WGAF, WGAS?

I had an Oregon State hat in high school. It featured their team nickname.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby the cheese » 28 Mar 2017, 14:03

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:

THAT WAS THE ONE I COULDN'T REMEMBER! My mom wouldn't let me get one of those either.

The stupid thing is that one of my dad's best buddies at the time (probably his coke dealer, given the years) owned a company that made novelty baseball hats, and that shit was dirty, and I'm pretty sure he gave me one of every design he had. They were all terrible though and no rational 11-17 year old would wear one.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mj3528 » 28 Mar 2017, 14:04

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:

I knew a woman that used to live here who was a big Oregon State fan. She went to the Oregon State-Utah football game played here years ago and was wearing Oregon State gear. Utah won on a last second play in shocking fashion. As she was walking out of the stadium after the game some drunk Utah fan came up to her and said,

"That's how you fuck a beaver"
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby SouthernYokel » 28 Mar 2017, 14:08

USCe won a game against clemson at one point to move from one bowl to the Outback bowl, and because of it their probable matchup against oregon state was ruined. the t-shirt sales for Beavers V Cocks would have made Catholics V Convicts look cute.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Mar 2017, 14:10

mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:

I knew a woman that used to live here who was a big Oregon State fan. She went to the Oregon State-Utah football game played here years ago and was wearing Oregon State gear. Utah won on a last second play in shocking fashion. As she was walking out of the stadium after the game some drunk Utah fan came up to her and said,

"That's how you fuck a beaver"

#s: that was, in fact, a cool story.

SouthernYokel wrote:USCe won a game against clemson at one point to move from one bowl to the Outback bowl, and because of it their probable matchup against oregon state was ruined. the t-shirt sales for Beavers V Cocks would have made Catholics V Convicts look cute.

I would've bought that shirt. Shit I might commission that shirt today.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell