The Ringer!

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: The Ringer!

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 08 Jan 2018, 11:29

mj3528 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Excellent article on Select Gene's Picks



I skimmed this. Bill hires some weird people:

Sean Yoo: My friend and I decided to skip the 2013 Super Bowl in favor of watching Movie 43 and it is easily one of the worst decisions I’ve made in my lifetime.

What? It's not like he turned down an actual trip to a Super Bowl, he's still a TRU sprots phan
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
User avatar
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 12814
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 13:09
Location: Virginia

Re: The Ringer!

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 08 Jan 2018, 11:39

Jason Cahill wrote:As a parent, sometimes you’re forced to sit through some awful movies. (Have you seen Home Alone 3? Did you even know there was a Home Alone 3? Well there is, and it sucks.) But The Emoji Movie was the absolute worst. In it, T.J. Miller voices an emoji who … oh who the fuck cares, just trust me, it’s trash.


he got paid to write that :-s ? that would be inane for an sotsg.com post that someone typed out just to provide content on a boring tuesday afternoon. hey sons, i have a couple observations: Cars 2 sucks, i'd advise you to avoid it if you can. and i saw the Butterfly Effect a few years ago. in it ashton kutcher played.... oh who the fuck cares. trust me it was garbage.

please hire me Phil!
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 7985
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: The Ringer!

Postby mj3528 » 08 Jan 2018, 11:42

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Jason Cahill wrote:As a parent, sometimes you’re forced to sit through some awful movies. (Have you seen Home Alone 3? Did you even know there was a Home Alone 3? Well there is, and it sucks.) But The Emoji Movie was the absolute worst. In it, T.J. Miller voices an emoji who … oh who the fuck cares, just trust me, it’s trash.


he got paid to write that :-s ? that would be inane for an sotsg.com post that someone typed out just to provide content on a boring tuesday afternoon. hey sons, i have a couple observations: Cars 2 sucks, i'd advise you to avoid it if you can. and i saw the Butterfly Effect a few years ago. in it ashton kutcher played.... oh who the fuck cares. trust me it was garbage.

please hire me Phil!


Phil wants someone that offers his or her opinion. Sorry, you are disqualified untouchable.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
#QM
 
Posts: 9815
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: The Ringer!

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 08 Jan 2018, 12:01

mj3528 wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Jason Cahill wrote:As a parent, sometimes you’re forced to sit through some awful movies. (Have you seen Home Alone 3? Did you even know there was a Home Alone 3? Well there is, and it sucks.) But The Emoji Movie was the absolute worst. In it, T.J. Miller voices an emoji who … oh who the fuck cares, just trust me, it’s trash.


he got paid to write that :-s ? that would be inane for an sotsg.com post that someone typed out just to provide content on a boring tuesday afternoon. hey sons, i have a couple observations: Cars 2 sucks, i'd advise you to avoid it if you can. and i saw the Butterfly Effect a few years ago. in it ashton kutcher played.... oh who the fuck cares. trust me it was garbage.

please hire me Phil!


Phil wants someone that offers his or her opinion. Sorry, you are disqualified untouchable.


:( that was harsh just to blurt it out like that mj. i recognize i come across like an all-time great poster/human being on here that everyone emulates :) , but i have feelings too!
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 7985
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: The Ringer!

Postby Dthefritz » 10 Jan 2018, 19:56

REMINDER: We’re going live for Sixers-Celtics in London tomorrow. Send us your general NBA questions and favorite NBA "what ifs." #RingerNBA

Let's see what the smartest NBA fans in the Milky Way can come up with.

What if Kyrie accepts the earth isn't flat? Does he suddenly lose his superstar powers?

Just a fascinating what if, really.

What if Len Bias and Reggie Lewis didn’t die? Celtics Dynasty in the 90’s over Bulls? Shoutout to @BillSimmons for that one.

I'm sure there's some type of internet law when it becomes impossible to tell if you are trolling Bill Simmons or sucking up to him.

If they’re playing in London should all players be forced to drive to the left?

LAWLZKATZ!!!!

What if the thunder had kept Tyson chandler? Could have Domino’d the harden and Durant leavings

You mean they should have ignored the failed physical and not rescinded the trade? What a bunch of idiots! They had destiny by the balls!

What if Markelle Fultz never gets his shot back?

That's not really how this works.

What if CHA keep Kobe after drafting him?

He would have refused to report to the team, as he informed them he would prior to the draft. Worlds of possibilities, really.

What if Bill Russell and Wilt teamed up?

How would the Civil War have changed if the North and South were on the same side? God, I hate people.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7904
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: The Ringer!

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 12 Jan 2018, 13:24

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31543
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: The Ringer!

Postby Goose » 12 Jan 2018, 15:30



I'm sure Kite is looking forward to attending the Best Young Team parade and raising another banner in the not-the-Garden.

Image
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
User avatar
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3846
Joined: 03 May 2006, 10:09
Location: Temple Terrace Hooters, waiting on Shamgod

Re: The Ringer!

Postby Gregs Kite » 12 Jan 2018, 15:33

Goose wrote:


I'm sure Kite is looking forward to attending the Best Young Team parade and raising another banner in the not-the-Garden.

Image


Eh, might as well look forward to that. As soon as Bron and IT flip the switch, Eastern Conference is D-U-N.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 24537
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: The Ringer!

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 14 Jan 2018, 19:24

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31543
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: The Ringer!

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 15 Jan 2018, 07:18

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:After being fired from one of the biggest sports media outlets in the country, Bill Simmons created The Ringer, and it's taking over the Internet

He also knows how to build a fucking squad of writers unlike anyone else in American media.


:lol:


Good luck to Patrick on getting the internship he’s gunning for. Came on a little strong tho. We can all relate to sucking up to a boss/future boss but it’s more effective if you come across as believable/genuine imo.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 7985
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: The Ringer!

Postby TheWolf » 15 Jan 2018, 07:57

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:After being fired from one of the biggest sports media outlets in the country, Bill Simmons created The Ringer, and it's taking over the Internet

He also knows how to build a fucking squad of writers unlike anyone else in American media.


:lol:


Good luck to Patrick on getting the internship he’s gunning for. Came on a little strong tho. We can all relate to sucking up to a boss/future boss but it’s more effective if you come across as believable/genuine imo.


I don't know. This kid goes to a school that has such world-renowned alumni as The wolfette, and umm... The Wolfette's friends. I think you have to take him at his word.

ETA: I know it's early, but this is likely to be my favorite sentence I read on the internet today:

However, I would argue that a consistent voice, along with a reliance on analysis as opposed to contrarianism, is the groundwork for a continuing relationship with a writer, and Simmons displays both of these traits in his writing while avoiding predictability.


:lol: :lol: :lol:
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 19535
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Previous

Return to Even More Cowbell

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest