The Ringer!

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: The Ringer!

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 08 Jan 2018, 11:29

mj3528 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Excellent article on Select Gene's Picks

I skimmed this. Bill hires some weird people:

Sean Yoo: My friend and I decided to skip the 2013 Super Bowl in favor of watching Movie 43 and it is easily one of the worst decisions I’ve made in my lifetime.

What? It's not like he turned down an actual trip to a Super Bowl, he's still a TRU sprots phan
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 08 Jan 2018, 11:39

Jason Cahill wrote:As a parent, sometimes you’re forced to sit through some awful movies. (Have you seen Home Alone 3? Did you even know there was a Home Alone 3? Well there is, and it sucks.) But The Emoji Movie was the absolute worst. In it, T.J. Miller voices an emoji who … oh who the fuck cares, just trust me, it’s trash.

he got paid to write that :-s ? that would be inane for an sotsg.com post that someone typed out just to provide content on a boring tuesday afternoon. hey sons, i have a couple observations: Cars 2 sucks, i'd advise you to avoid it if you can. and i saw the Butterfly Effect a few years ago. in it ashton kutcher played.... oh who the fuck cares. trust me it was garbage.

please hire me Phil!
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby mj3528 » 08 Jan 2018, 11:42

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Jason Cahill wrote:As a parent, sometimes you’re forced to sit through some awful movies. (Have you seen Home Alone 3? Did you even know there was a Home Alone 3? Well there is, and it sucks.) But The Emoji Movie was the absolute worst. In it, T.J. Miller voices an emoji who … oh who the fuck cares, just trust me, it’s trash.

he got paid to write that :-s ? that would be inane for an sotsg.com post that someone typed out just to provide content on a boring tuesday afternoon. hey sons, i have a couple observations: Cars 2 sucks, i'd advise you to avoid it if you can. and i saw the Butterfly Effect a few years ago. in it ashton kutcher played.... oh who the fuck cares. trust me it was garbage.

please hire me Phil!

Phil wants someone that offers his or her opinion. Sorry, you are disqualified untouchable.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 08 Jan 2018, 12:01

mj3528 wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

please hire me Phil!

Phil wants someone that offers his or her opinion. Sorry, you are disqualified untouchable.

:( that was harsh just to blurt it out like that mj. i recognize i come across like an all-time great poster/human being on here that everyone emulates :) , but i have feelings too!
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Dthefritz » 10 Jan 2018, 19:56

REMINDER: We’re going live for Sixers-Celtics in London tomorrow. Send us your general NBA questions and favorite NBA "what ifs." #RingerNBA

Let's see what the smartest NBA fans in the Milky Way can come up with.

What if Kyrie accepts the earth isn't flat? Does he suddenly lose his superstar powers?

Just a fascinating what if, really.

What if Len Bias and Reggie Lewis didn’t die? Celtics Dynasty in the 90’s over Bulls? Shoutout to @BillSimmons for that one.

I'm sure there's some type of internet law when it becomes impossible to tell if you are trolling Bill Simmons or sucking up to him.

If they’re playing in London should all players be forced to drive to the left?

LAWLZKATZ!!!!

What if the thunder had kept Tyson chandler? Could have Domino’d the harden and Durant leavings

You mean they should have ignored the failed physical and not rescinded the trade? What a bunch of idiots! They had destiny by the balls!

What if Markelle Fultz never gets his shot back?

That's not really how this works.

What if CHA keep Kobe after drafting him?

He would have refused to report to the team, as he informed them he would prior to the draft. Worlds of possibilities, really.

What if Bill Russell and Wilt teamed up?

How would the Civil War have changed if the North and South were on the same side? God, I hate people.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 12 Jan 2018, 13:24

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Goose » 12 Jan 2018, 15:30

I'm sure Kite is looking forward to attending the Best Young Team parade and raising another banner in the not-the-Garden.

Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Gregs Kite » 12 Jan 2018, 15:33

Goose wrote:

I'm sure Kite is looking forward to attending the Best Young Team parade and raising another banner in the not-the-Garden.

Eh, might as well look forward to that. As soon as Bron and IT flip the switch, Eastern Conference is D-U-N.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 14 Jan 2018, 19:24

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 15 Jan 2018, 07:18

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:After being fired from one of the biggest sports media outlets in the country, Bill Simmons created The Ringer, and it's taking over the Internet

He also knows how to build a fucking squad of writers unlike anyone else in American media.

:lol:

Good luck to Patrick on getting the internship he’s gunning for. Came on a little strong tho. We can all relate to sucking up to a boss/future boss but it’s more effective if you come across as believable/genuine imo.
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby TheWolf » 15 Jan 2018, 07:57

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:After being fired from one of the biggest sports media outlets in the country, Bill Simmons created The Ringer, and it's taking over the Internet

He also knows how to build a fucking squad of writers unlike anyone else in American media.

:lol:

Good luck to Patrick on getting the internship he’s gunning for. Came on a little strong tho. We can all relate to sucking up to a boss/future boss but it’s more effective if you come across as believable/genuine imo.

I don't know. This kid goes to a school that has such world-renowned alumni as The wolfette, and umm... The Wolfette's friends. I think you have to take him at his word.

ETA: I know it's early, but this is likely to be my favorite sentence I read on the internet today:

However, I would argue that a consistent voice, along with a reliance on analysis as opposed to contrarianism, is the groundwork for a continuing relationship with a writer, and Simmons displays both of these traits in his writing while avoiding predictability.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Previous

Return to Even More Cowbell