The Ringer!

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: The Ringer!

Postby Briandong79 » 14 Sep 2017, 13:08

You guys didn't tell me that they did the 10 worst, too.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Briandong79 » 18 Sep 2017, 15:39

I've listened to a couple of their Rewatchable podcasts where they go back and review old movies. They're not awful, depends heavily on the guest. The one about Point Break was entertaining because it had Shea and Jason Concepion, both of whom I enjoy. It's a filler pod if I have a distance to drive and caught up on my regular ones. I think I've caught Point Break and Silence of the Lambs so far.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Rufus » 20 Sep 2017, 12:11

Briandong79 wrote:I've listened to a couple of their Rewatchable podcasts where they go back and review old movies. They're not awful, depends heavily on the guest. The one about Point Break was entertaining because it had Shea and Jason Concepion, both of whom I enjoy. It's a filler pod if I have a distance to drive and caught up on my regular ones. I think I've caught Point Break and Silence of the Lambs so far.

I've enjoyed each of the ones I've heard, but I also really liked the movies, so it would be hard from my perspective to screw that up.
Rufus
Wiffle Ball King

Postby TheWolf » 20 Sep 2017, 12:12

Briandong79 wrote:I've listened to a couple of their Rewatchable podcasts where they go back and review old movies. They're not awful, depends heavily on the guest. The one about Point Break was entertaining because it had Shea and Jason Concepion, both of whom I enjoy. It's a filler pod if I have a distance to drive and caught up on my regular ones. I think I've caught Point Break and Silence of the Lambs so far.

Will those podcasts still be enjoyable in 20 years?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 22 Sep 2017, 10:52

The 23-Team League the NBA Needs

1.Brooklyn Nets select Anthony Davis
2.Phoenix Suns select Karl-Anthony Towns
3.Los Angeles Lakers select Jimmy Butler
4.Philadelphia 76ers select DeMarcus Cousins
5.New York Knicks select Mike Conley
6.Sacramento Kings select DeMar DeRozan
7.Dallas Mavericks select Marc Gasol
8.Detroit Pistons select Kyle Lowry
9.Denver Nuggets select Jeff Teague
10.Chicago Bulls select Hassan Whiteside
11.Portland Trail Blazers select Andrew Wiggins

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Sep 2017, 15:07

oh yeah, we REALLY need the BROOKLYN NETS and SACRAMENTO KINGS, those are definitely upgrades over Charlotte and Miami and New Orleans. what child wrote this, i refuse to click it
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 22 Sep 2017, 15:09

SouthernYokel wrote:oh yeah, we REALLY need the BROOKLYN NETS and SACRAMENTO KINGS, those are definitely upgrades over Charlotte and Miami and New Orleans. what child wrote this, i refuse to click it

Also I notice there was no Seattle Supersonics.

Bill must not have seen this before it was published.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby TheWolf » 22 Sep 2017, 17:06

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:oh yeah, we REALLY need the BROOKLYN NETS and SACRAMENTO KINGS, those are definitely upgrades over Charlotte and Miami and New Orleans. what child wrote this, i refuse to click it

Also I notice there was no Seattle Supersonics.

Bill must not have seen this before it was published.

You should tweet that. Seems like something that would annoy Bill.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 04 Oct 2017, 12:20

I enjoyed the piece by 79's favorite writer, Shea Serrano.

The Disrespectful Dunk Hall of Fame

I like the Jordan dunk over Knight the best, I think. That was nasty.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Briandong79 » 04 Oct 2017, 12:28

I'm not reading that because it's excerpted from his new book and I've got it coming next week so want to go in fresh, but glad you enjoyed it!
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Goose » 04 Oct 2017, 12:36

Briandong79 wrote:I'm not reading that because it's excerpted from his new book and I've got it coming next week so want to go in fresh, but glad you enjoyed it!

Didn't think I'd live to see that day that we needed Ringer SPOILER ALERTS.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 04 Oct 2017, 12:36

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I enjoyed the piece by 79's favorite writer, Shea Serrano.

The Disrespectful Dunk Hall of Fame

I like the Jordan dunk over Knight the best, I think. That was nasty.

SHAQDUDLEYGIF!

Glad to see the KJ/Dream dunk, that was always a favorite in the playground in my mind. The TMac/Bradley and Kemp ones are a given.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Briandong79 » 04 Oct 2017, 12:40

Goose wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I'm not reading that because it's excerpted from his new book and I've got it coming next week so want to go in fresh, but glad you enjoyed it!

Didn't think I'd live to see that day that we needed Ringer SPOILER ALERTS.

Oh I don't care if it's discussed, just know that I'm going to read it anyhow so not worth the time.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby jman » 04 Oct 2017, 13:02

I misread that as Disrespectful Drunk Hall of Fame. That would be a more entertaining read.
jman
Bruce Dickinson

Postby Briandong79 » 25 Oct 2017, 12:59

Good ringer piece on the Fox MLB pregrame show:

https://www.theringer.com/mlb/2017/10/2 ... rld-series

ETA: I had never heard of this before, this is awesome:

Briandong79
Beep Boop

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell