The Ringer!

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: The Ringer!

Postby Dthefritz » 03 May 2017, 17:43

jman wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
The Virgin wrote:The real question: is LaMARC GASOLdridge the only player in the NBA with a significantly better player hidden within his own name?

wow, that may be the dumbest thing I've ever read. Ever.

Tough but fair.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Briandong79 » 04 May 2017, 08:28

Harlan gave Shea Serrano a shoutout on air during the Rockets/Spurs game last night. Might be the biggest moment in Ringer history.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby jman » 04 May 2017, 08:31

Dthefritz wrote:
jman wrote:
The Virgin wrote:The real question: is LaMARC GASOLdridge the only player in the NBA with a significantly better player hidden within his own name?

Tough but fair.

:lol: :lol:

I stand by my statement
jman
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Dthefritz » 04 May 2017, 17:43

jman wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
jman wrote:

Tough but fair.

:lol: :lol:

I stand by my statement

In my defense, I didn't use douchey Simmons-esque phrasing to highlight my own cleverness. But yes, I should be and am ashamed of myself.

Equally astute observation: Aldridge is a goddamn vag. All he has to do is be as un-vag-like as Pau Gasol in the Lakers 2009-2010 seasons and the Spurs might could finagle a title with him as the #2 guy. As it is, that will seemingly never happen.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 08 May 2017, 11:48

Chris Pratt Is Not a Movie Star

Endearing doofus? Yup. Great ensemble player? Definitely. Box office dynamo? Improbably, yes. But despite starring in successful franchises like ‘Guardians of the Galaxy,’ he isn’t the leading man that Hollywood is grooming him to be.

How the fuck did I miss this?

And to keep it 100:
Brandon 'Please Notice Me' Anderson wrote:More like Chris Pratt is just not that type of movie star. There are a lot of movie stars that are not Tom Hanks or made for that type of movie. It’s no critique, nor surprise, that Pratt is better with people around him. Maybe he just needs to pick the right movie to star in.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 10 May 2017, 11:57

Dthe, were you aware that the NBA Big Man's role is changing in the era of Small-Ball?

Thank god The Ringer is here to tell us that traditional centers arent as common in today's NBA. What a revelation!

This author must slay the p.

But lets see what our pal Brandon had to say on the topic!
Brandon 'I'm actually more sports knowledgeable than the rest of your staff' Anderson wrote:I can’t decide if this makes me sad or excited for Towns. Is he just a super Horford, a passer + stretcher + only ok defender, who has to be third best for a team to really win it all? He’s obviously got better traditional big man skills, but those are more marginalized each year. When will a team next really contend with a big man as their best player??

I hate this site so much.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby SouthernYokel » 10 May 2017, 12:47

wouldn't a "super Horford" be incredible? Brandon?
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Dthefritz » 10 May 2017, 18:42

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Dthe, were you aware that the NBA Big Man's role is changing in the era of Small-Ball?

Thank god The Ringer is here to tell us that traditional centers arent as common in today's NBA. What a revelation!

Damn, I never noticed that. Good find.

Brandon 'I'm actually more sports knowledgeable than the rest of your staff' Anderson wrote:I can’t decide if this makes me sad or excited for Towns. Is he just a super Horford, a passer + stretcher + only ok defender, who has to be third best for a team to really win it all? He’s obviously got better traditional big man skills, but those are more marginalized each year. When will a team next really contend with a big man as their best player??

Fuck this stupid rhetorical question-heavy style that plagues all these morons at The Ringer, and the morons before them at Grantland, who got it from that moron Simmons who got it from that moron Klostermann. I might need to exit sports and pop culture entirely.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 May 2017, 11:19

The Ringer sent several of its employees to see Snatched. You can imagine the slurpfest that went on in this column. You can imagine it, but you'd be wrong. They seemed to universally hate it. That is the exact opposite taek from The Ringer I was expecting. Bout time they were critical of something. Congrats?

https://theringer.com/exit-survey-snatc ... 5c8ffc249a

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby SouthernYokel » 15 May 2017, 15:12

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:The Ringer sent several of its employees to see Snatched. You can imagine the slurpfest that went on in this column. You can imagine it, but you'd be wrong. They seemed to universally hate it. That is the exact opposite taek from The Ringer I was expecting. Bout time they were critical of something. Congrats?

i'm going to need you to report on what Brandon thought before i can make a decision
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 May 2017, 15:16

SouthernYokel wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:The Ringer sent several of its employees to see Snatched. You can imagine the slurpfest that went on in this column. You can imagine it, but you'd be wrong. They seemed to universally hate it. That is the exact opposite taek from The Ringer I was expecting. Bout time they were critical of something. Congrats?

i'm going to need you to report on what Brandon thought before i can make a decision

He didnt comment on it. He steers clear of certain pop-culture stuff. He does not want to become embroiled in controversy.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby SouthernYokel » 15 May 2017, 15:17

SouthernYokel wrote:

He didnt comment on it. He steers clear of certain pop-culture stuff. He does not want to become embroiled in controversy.

he is very wise. i'm starting to think the ringer should actually hire him
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mj3528 » 15 May 2017, 15:19

SouthernYokel wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

Establishing his bones as a true sports journalist. Smart.

Ringer is too big a leap for him right now. First see if Jike can get him on my jr. paper and go from there.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 May 2017, 15:23

mj3528 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

Establishing his bones as a true sports journalist. Smart.

Ringer is too big a leap for him right now. First see if Jike can get him on my jr. paper and go from there.

I dont agree. His one paragraph comments are way more insightful than any column on that site. (not really a compliment to either him or the site)

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby JichaelDick » 16 May 2017, 05:42

I could be incorrect, but it seems that Schumer is getting to that Lena Dunham point of being so annoying that a ton of people get tired of her work and dismiss it out of hand. Her...interesting takes on black dudes probably don't help.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell