The Ringer!

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: The Ringer!

Postby JT99 » 23 Mar 2017, 18:29

Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:This article isn't even trying to hide the fact that this is just the same old pseudo left horseshit in a slightly different package.

Side note: you are not the leftist equivalent of the "altright" unless you are explicitly attempting to rehabilitate Soviet communism and/or Stalin. "Bernie is a swell guy and we should kinda sorta maybe be a little more like Norway" is not the same as sieg heiling Trump and calling for ethnic cleansing. Fucking idiots.

Not at all saying that you do this, just that you post sparked the thought...

What's the exact day that the media/internet officially overuses "altright" to the point where the insult/description loses all its power?

O/U is set for June 23, 2017.

Just for the record, the guy who actually coined the term altright was the one sieg heiling Trump and [still] calling for ethnic cleansing. [GUESS WHO HE ROOTED FOR IN THE MOST RECENT SUPER BOWL?????] It's not some term of derision that was created by the filthy jew media, it's a euphemism that was invented by the neo-nazis themselves. Therefore, while it might eventually become a meaningless, blanket insult like "fascist" did, I don't think you're really coming at this from the right angle.

Yeah, I didn't come at it from the origin angle in any way, shape, or form.

Besides all that, uhhhhh, thanks, I guess?

I should clarify...I wasn't accusing you yourself of being a paranoid, extreme anti-media wingnut. Really. I was taking the opportunity to mock these people's beliefs, and I guess. I was just saying that this is a term that people used to describe themselves, so I don't know if the media will really use it as a blanket insult, instead of neonazi or neofascist or whatever.

I'm all for mocking those people, so please have at it. I will en joy.

Eventually, imo, the term will reach the oversaturation point and the media will play a role, though probably not nearly as much as internet bloggers.

Just a working theory.

Ethic cleansing chatter in the year of our lord anytime after the 1950's though....WT actual F!!! ](*,)

amirite?
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Dthefritz » 23 Mar 2017, 18:47

JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:This article isn't even trying to hide the fact that this is just the same old pseudo left horseshit in a slightly different package.

Side note: you are not the leftist equivalent of the "altright" unless you are explicitly attempting to rehabilitate Soviet communism and/or Stalin. "Bernie is a swell guy and we should kinda sorta maybe be a little more like Norway" is not the same as sieg heiling Trump and calling for ethnic cleansing. Fucking idiots.

What's the exact day that the media/internet officially overuses "altright" to the point where the insult/description loses all its power?

Just for the record, the guy who actually coined the term altright was the one sieg heiling Trump and [still] calling for ethnic cleansing. [GUESS WHO HE ROOTED FOR IN THE MOST RECENT SUPER BOWL?????] It's not some term of derision that was created by the filthy jew media, it's a euphemism that was invented by the neo-nazis themselves. Therefore, while it might eventually become a meaningless, blanket insult like "fascist" did, I don't think you're really coming at this from the right angle.

Yeah, I didn't come at it from the origin angle in any way, shape, or form.

Besides all that, uhhhhh, thanks, I guess?

I should clarify...I wasn't accusing you yourself of being a paranoid, extreme anti-media wingnut. Really. I was taking the opportunity to mock these people's beliefs, and I guess. I was just saying that this is a term that people used to describe themselves, so I don't know if the media will really use it as a blanket insult, instead of neonazi or neofascist or whatever.

I'm all for mocking those people, so please have at it. I will en joy.

Eventually, imo, the term will reach the oversaturation point and the media will play a role, though probably not nearly as much as internet bloggers.

Just a working theory.

Ethic cleansing chatter in the year of our lord anytime after the 1950's though....WT actual F!!! ](*,)

amirite?

There's a fringe that never went away. They're just back in the news because this is the first time the extreme right has embraced a mainstream candidate since Reagan. And maybe the novelty of their sudden popularity in internet nerd culture.

But we must tread lightly. Kite will undoubtedly show up to tell us that dahhkies are the REAL ethnic cleansers. And to deny that he stole the "year of our lord" meme from me.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 23 Mar 2017, 19:43

Jesus Christ, dude.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mister bacon » 23 Mar 2017, 20:02

JT99 wrote:Just a working theory.

amirite?

well, some of us raised the alarm and we're dismissed as crackpots or angry uppity blacks who talked too much about race and were therefore the real racists. but keep dismissing us... maybe they'll send you to the camps last.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby JT99 » 23 Mar 2017, 20:19

mister bacon wrote:

amirite?

well, some of us raised the alarm and we're dismissed as crackpots or angry uppity blacks who talked too much about race and were therefore the real racists. but keep dismissing us... maybe they'll send you to the camps last.

Well, you don't talk about it the right way, so there.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Dthefritz » 23 Mar 2017, 20:21

JT99 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

amirite?

Well, you don't talk about it the right way, so there.

You have to send them to the camps before they send you! That's just the way it is in this harsh world, that I understand so well from watching game of Thrones.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 23 Mar 2017, 20:57

JT99 wrote:

Wtf are you talking about? How is it an insult to call the Chicago Cubs what they have decided themselves to be called which is the Chicago Cubs?
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby JT99 » 23 Mar 2017, 21:11

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
JT99 wrote:

Wtf are you talking about? How is it an insult to call the Chicago Cubs what they have decided themselves to be called which is the Chicago Cubs?

Sigh.

As was noted in the original post, I specifically said that DTF did NOT do this, that it just sparked a thought.

The term will be applied to many who have not named themselves that, if it hasn't already started.

Again, as noted in the original post.

Sigh.

JT99
Between Bannings

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 23 Mar 2017, 21:27

JT99 wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
JT99 wrote:

Sigh.

As was noted in the original post, I specifically said that DTF did NOT do this, that it just sparked a thought.

The term will be applied to many who have not named themselves that, if it hasn't already started.

Again, as noted in the original post.

Sigh.

K
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby ctz31 » 23 Mar 2017, 22:49

I don't know what I just tried to read. I'll volunteer and take an L. Y'all lunatics
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby chrisco » 24 Mar 2017, 08:42

ctz31 wrote:I don't know what I just tried to read. I'll volunteer and take an L. Y'all lunatics

Just when you thought the Ringer thread couldn't get any less enjoyable, SOTSG goes and does this.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby chrisco » 26 Mar 2017, 15:58

YES, I AM DOUBLE POSTING INTHE RINGER THREAD @ ME RED FONTS!

This article: https://theringer.com/nba-d-league-coac ... .3ppvry3fv was very enjoyable. It used Jerry Stackhouse's decision to pursue a head coaching gig through the D league as a lens for the wider transformation of the league into a true minor league and feeder to the NBA.

Even better, the writer is a college kid that actually SPOKE with several of the people in the article including Stack.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 28 Mar 2017, 12:21

The Ringer goes deep, so deep, on Reese Witherspoon's career

She actually has had an amazing career, and can transform into any role in any film that she is handed as an actor. I had forgotten she was in American Psycho, a true cinematic masterpiece. Not stupid at all.

If you want to move this post over to Movies Top 5 so we can debate all day, I am fine with that.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 28 Mar 2017, 12:22

It's like she's transforming into the Joker, haunting... but not sexy or powerful
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby PhillyJim76 » 28 Mar 2017, 12:48

Reese Witherspoon had great boobies in an early role. Showed them tatters and all. Forget the name of the movie though
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell