The Ringer!

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: The Ringer!

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 13 Mar 2017, 12:09

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Jim Nantz speaks to The Ringer

I did not read this. But this author actually spoke to Nantz. I believe that is a first for this blog, to actually have quotes from a subject. Congrats!

Looks like I spoke too soon. This column has quotes in it also!

The NBA Scouting Road Map to March Madness

“You can’t replicate the atmosphere of March Madness,” an NBA executive told The Ringer. “From the travel to the crowds, it’s a bonus for players to shine under the bright lights.”

“It’s our last chance to watch them in five-on-five competition,” said a Western Conference scout. “The tournament also often leads to good scouting matchups against other future pros.”

So what if this author made up the quotes? He still included them, and thats what counts in Ringer Journalism 101.

Please dont double-post
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby mister bacon » 13 Mar 2017, 13:29

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Jim Nantz speaks to The Ringer

I did not read this. But this author actually spoke to Nantz. I believe that is a first for this blog, to actually have quotes from a subject. Congrats!

Looks like I spoke too soon. This column has quotes in it also!

The NBA Scouting Road Map to March Madness

“You can’t replicate the atmosphere of March Madness,” an NBA executive told The Ringer. “From the travel to the crowds, it’s a bonus for players to shine under the bright lights.”

“It’s our last chance to watch them in five-on-five competition,” said a Western Conference scout. “The tournament also often leads to good scouting matchups against other future pros.”

So what if this author made up the quotes? He still included them, and thats what counts in Ringer Journalism 101.

Please dont double-post

a boll divided against itself cannot stand [-X
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby bosux » 13 Mar 2017, 21:15

everybody needs a boll divider
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 Mar 2017, 12:12

What’s the Best Video Game Since ‘Ocarina of Time’?

LOL what?

#ThisSite It is the worst.

But i skimmed it because I am a masochist. /It's a word.

I like how these dopes refuse to acknowledge sports games. I mean honestly. Them NBA2K games...Theyre all the greatest. But sorry they dont appeal to "gamers" or "gays".

Of their choices, I do agree that GTA Vice City should be on this list. It was a masterpiece.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 Mar 2017, 12:15

This is no Toast thread, that's for sure.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 15 Mar 2017, 12:19

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:What’s the Best Video Game Since ‘Ocarina of Time’?

LOL what?

I like how these dopes refuse to acknowledge sports games. I mean honestly. Them NBA2K games...Theyre all the greatest. But sorry they dont appeal to "gamers" or "gays".

Of their choices, I do agree that GTA Vice City should be on this list. It was a masterpiece.

Balls, may I interest you in an Uproxx thread?

http://uproxx.com/sports/best-sports-vi ... h-madness/
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby PhillyJim76 » 15 Mar 2017, 12:20

LOL what?

Who are these people who write for this site and why are they so lame?
It feels so good to be back.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 Mar 2017, 12:27

TY SJW79. I did the bracket.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby SouthernYokel » 15 Mar 2017, 12:58

LOL what?

as a gay gamer faggot, i can tell you that i disagree with most of their picks too. leaving skyrim and red dead redemption as also-rans to fucking shadow of the colossus and resident evil 4 is stupid.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 15 Mar 2017, 13:04

Briandong79 wrote:

LOL what?

Balls, may I interest you in an Uproxx thread?

http://uproxx.com/sports/best-sports-vi ... h-madness/

Mutant League Football was the shit. I played it a year or so ago and it.....does not hold up.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby God Shamgod » 15 Mar 2017, 14:09

Jerry Glanville's Pigskin Footbrawl.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby Jew Jitsu » 15 Mar 2017, 20:21

SouthernYokel wrote:

LOL what?

as a gay gamer faggot, i can tell you that i disagree with most of their picks too. leaving skyrim and red dead redemption as also-rans to fucking shadow of the colossus and resident evil 4 is stupid.

Resident evil 4 was legit. And red dead redemption is already on there as GTA 3
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby TheWolf » 16 Mar 2017, 12:42

Of all of Ball's hate-watching/reading/listening, The Ringer is my favorite. I really enjoy how much he hates it.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 16 Mar 2017, 12:45

TheWolf wrote:Of all of Ball's hate-watching/reading/listening, The Ringer is my favorite. I really enjoy how much he hates it.

Agreed, though the potential he's going to get roped into watching a show about Bette Davis and Joan Crawford has got some tremendous upside potential.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby SouthernYokel » 16 Mar 2017, 13:07

Briandong79 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:Of all of Ball's hate-watching/reading/listening, The Ringer is my favorite. I really enjoy how much he hates it.

Agreed, though the potential he's going to get roped into watching a show about Bette Davis and Joan Crawford has got some tremendous upside potential.

the culture segment of NPR's news shows has been having a jizz fest over that Feud show. I assume this means it will be unwatchable. I mean, the elevator pitch sounds horrible but even if i liked that i would steer clear at this point.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell