The Ringer!

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: The Ringer!

Postby TheWolf » 28 Feb 2017, 14:52

the cheese wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Fact or fiction--CFA's waffle fries and Arby's curly fries are ranked so high because they're a different form of delivery than a normal fry.

I'd put the McD's fry up against either, straight up.

You'd be wrong, but I respect your right to be wrong.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 28 Feb 2017, 14:55

TheWolf wrote:
the cheese wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Fact or fiction--CFA's waffle fries and Arby's curly fries are ranked so high because they're a different form of delivery than a normal fry.

I'd put the McD's fry up against either, straight up.

You'd be wrong, but I respect your right to be wrong.

I had Chick Fil A in the first time in forever yesterday, and forgot how damn good their fries are. I'd still put Arby's curly above them, though.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby SouthernYokel » 28 Feb 2017, 14:55

if you are talking the very best version of the McD fry, i agree. You get that 1 in 10 tries though. Same with Arbys really. Chick Fil A fails you very rarely. I guess what i'm saying is i need the Ringer's performance metric valuations before i can decide whether their judgement is flawed.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 28 Feb 2017, 14:56

SouthernYokel wrote:if you are talking the very best version of the McD fry, i agree. You get that 1 in 10 tries though. Same with Arbys really. Chick Fil A fails you very rarely. I guess what i'm saying is i need the Ringer's performance metric valuations before i can decide whether their judgement is flawed.

Smart sexy yokel.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby CourtesyFlush » 28 Feb 2017, 14:56

SouthernYokel wrote:if you are talking the very best version of the McD fry, i agree. You get that 1 in 10 tries though. Same with Arbys really. Chick Fil A fails you very rarely. I guess what i'm saying is i need the Ringer's performance metric valuations before i can decide whether their judgement is flawed.

Pretty sure their measurables were gathered at the Fast Food Combine in Indianapolis last weekend
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 28 Feb 2017, 14:57

CourtesyFlush wrote:

Pretty sure their measurables were gathered at the Fast Food Combine in Indianapolis last weekend

McD had a lot of trouble in the shuttle run
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 28 Feb 2017, 14:59

I will accept this take. Chick Fil A delivers the most consistently good fries. I'll still take peak Arby's over any others, but if we're judging on performance over an extended period of time, I can get on board with CFA as the #1 fast food fries. I still don't think I'm comfortable with a side dish topping the overall rankings, though.

Courtesy Flush wrote:McD had a lot of trouble in the shuttle run

No one ever had any trouble getting the shuttle runs from McDonald's.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby BigJohnStudd » 28 Feb 2017, 17:02

A really good McD's fries tops all others, but as mentioned above, their fry cooks are inconsistant.

Burger King has finally reformulated their fries into something edible. I'd literally get a sandwich and a drink just to avoid having to make the effort to throw away the fries at the end of the meal. BK even managed to ruin crinkle cut fries, which should be impossible. The Incredifries, or whatever, were better than their reguar fries, but they still weren't that great.

Hardees used to have the best fries, but I think they changed what oil they use at some point, because their sandwiches aren't as good as they used to be either. I bet it was the delicious trans fats that made them so good.

Best fries are steak fries, eaten with a steak, since you've already got your ketchup right there on the plate.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby TheWolf » 28 Feb 2017, 17:05

This has nothing to do with the discussion, but you mentioned steak fries and I'm too lazy to find a better thread. I tried those Ore Ida garlic and black pepper steak fries that FTT rec'd. Big fan. Will definitely eat again, many times.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Rodney Farva » 28 Feb 2017, 23:59

MisterTambourineMan wrote:THE MCGRIDDLE?! THE FUCKING MCGRIDDLE?! No. No, sir.

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUFF!!!!!!!!!!

seeing the big mac that high on the list and what came after it made me wonder if it was listed in inverse order by accident.

BigJohnStudd wrote:Best fries are steak fries, eaten with a steak, since you've already got your ketchup right there on the plate.

steak fries are not good because the crispy outer layer to soft inner potato ratio is way out of whack. and ketchup with a steak? unless you're doing a sneaky trump thing, YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUFF!!!!!!!!!!
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby TheWolf » 01 Mar 2017, 08:19

Rodney Farva wrote:

seeing the big mac that high on the list and what came after it made me wonder if it was listed in inverse order by accident.

BigJohnStudd wrote:Best fries are steak fries, eaten with a steak, since you've already got your ketchup right there on the plate.

steak fries are not good because the crispy outer layer to soft inner potato ratio is way out of whack. and ketchup with a steak? unless you're doing a sneaky trump thing, YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUFF!!!!!!!!!!

I don't really know what to do here. I've gotten so accustomed to Farva and Tambo being on the same side because of their politics, that this potential beef is just hard to handle. I am happy to find some common ground with Farv though. :thumbsup:

The McGriddle: Crossing party lines since 2017.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Gregs Kite » 01 Mar 2017, 08:22

TheWolf wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:

I don't really know what to do here. I've gotten so accustomed to Farva and Tambo being on the same side because of their politics, that this potential beef is just hard to handle. I am happy to find some common ground with Farv though. :thumbsup:

The McGriddle: Crossing party lines since 2017.

This is easily fixable. I will now declare that I, Gregs Kite, do NOT like McGriddles!

Now we wait.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Mar 2017, 10:52

Nothing you do today will be even remotely as important as reading this.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 13 Mar 2017, 11:33

Jim Nantz speaks to The Ringer

I did not read this. But this author actually spoke to Nantz. I believe that is a first for this blog, to actually have quotes from a subject. Congrats!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 13 Mar 2017, 11:46

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Jim Nantz speaks to The Ringer

I did not read this. But this author actually spoke to Nantz. I believe that is a first for this blog, to actually have quotes from a subject. Congrats!

Looks like I spoke too soon. This column has quotes in it also!

The NBA Scouting Road Map to March Madness

“You can’t replicate the atmosphere of March Madness,” an NBA executive told The Ringer. “From the travel to the crowds, it’s a bonus for players to shine under the bright lights.”

“It’s our last chance to watch them in five-on-five competition,” said a Western Conference scout. “The tournament also often leads to good scouting matchups against other future pros.”

So what if this author made up the quotes? He still included them, and thats what counts in Ringer Journalism 101.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell