SOTSG-Famous Katie Nolan

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: SOTSG-Famous Katie Nolan

Postby Gregs Kite » 24 Apr 2017, 09:34

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Thats ridiculous. She didnt ess Ds to get her job. She's from the right region and has a zany personality, and big Ts, and chicklet teeth.

Haha wow!

Where is she from?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby JichaelDick » 24 Apr 2017, 10:06

She also threw a temper tantrum when Awful Announcing wrote an article pointing out she was technically going after a coworker. Awful Announcing, who has been the biggest Nolan cheerleaders out there, even as Garbage Time tanked. Awful Announcing, who didn't even really criticize her.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby the cheese » 24 Apr 2017, 10:40

JichaelDick wrote:She also threw a temper tantrum when Awful Announcing wrote an article pointing out she was technically going after a coworker. Awful Announcing, who has been the biggest Nolan cheerleaders out there, even as Garbage Time tanked. Awful Announcing, who didn't even really criticize her.

Awful Announcing is...awful, I guess. That's all I have to add to this conversation.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby JT99 » 24 Apr 2017, 10:41

BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby CourtesyFlush » 24 Apr 2017, 10:42

JT99 wrote:Image

That gif is mesmerizing. Thanks for sharing.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby the cheese » 24 Apr 2017, 10:44

CourtesyFlush wrote:

Last edited by the cheese on 24 Apr 2017, 10:45, edited 1 time in total.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby CourtesyFlush » 24 Apr 2017, 10:45

the cheese wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

I'm just gonna hang out in here the rest of the day. Thanks guys!
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 Sep 2017, 09:42

r/billsimmons has some deep thoughts about Katie Nolan

Somehow Katie Nolan remains on the bench.
She's obviously been discussed here before - some people like her more than others, but even a non-fan like myself acknowledges she has a certain talent and plays well on television.
Now a couple years ago, Nolan and Simmons went on each other's pods and flirted their way through mutual admiration sessions. Then she gets in a spat with her bosses at FS1. Rumor had it she'd turn up at ESPN - hasn't happened. Surely she'd fit right in at the Ringer, no?
But something odd has happened - Simmons has gone from completely enamored with her to never mentioning her. Nolan has made a snarky comment or two in interviews, but nothing of much substance. Then today, the Ringer uploads a dumb video mocking the quality of tonight's game. Nolan and some of her Garbage Time colleagues drop comments suggesting, I think, that the Ringer borrowed this idea from her old show.
Can anybody fill in the blanks. What happened here? Why is she not on the air? Why the cold shoulder from BS (or is it the other way around)?

I don't think there is anything personal going on between them. But The Ringer simply cannot attract higher level talent who have interest in doing television work because they cannot afford to pay that talent at market rates AND The Ringer does not have any real distribution platform of their own.
Nolan, even if she was willing to discount herself heavily, has enough of a following and name recognition to want $1 million a year minimum. She also seems very loyal to her team, and would want to bring over as many of her writers and producers over to wherever she goes, costing perhaps another $1 million. The Ringer's payroll simply cannot afford those prices.
They would have to pretty much bet the company to offer Nolan's group a 4-5 year deal at even those heavily discounted prices, when ESPN can easily offer more, with a guarantee that they will still be around and financially liquid in five years. Can The Ringer guarantee the same?
In terms of distribution, it's not even close. The Ringer is completely reliant on existing third party internet platforms for reaching an audience. They have no network, infrastructure, or even a studio production team to speak of now that he is dead at HBO (they have one nice set, which is not the same). That is why Simmons is so artificially high on Twitter and Periscope being the wave of the future - he has no other platforms to choose from. If Twitter chooses to unilaterally change the terms of using their service, there is nothing The Ringer can do about it, other than move to another platform they have no control over and begin to tout that as the wave of the future (just like they were forced to move from Medium to Vox when Medium changed their business model).
So if you are Nolan and want to do TV, would you gamble your whole career on Simmons' insane take on the future of Twitter AND take significantly less money because you might otherwise bankrupt the company you just signed on with? Or just go with fucking Walt Disney and their massive power and reach already in place, and get paid your market value?
They might be friends, but there isn't really any choice here. The Ringer, without HBO, is not a player in broadcast television content and distribution. They simply do not have the cash or existing infrastructure to compete.

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby SouthernYokel » 15 Sep 2017, 09:44

how you find these places, and why you seek them out in the first place, is one of the great mysteries of sotsg.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 15 Sep 2017, 09:45

The Ringer is completely reliant on existing third party internet platforms for reaching an audience. They have no network, infrastructure, or even a studio production team to speak of now that he is dead at HBO (they have one nice set, which is not the same). That is why Simmons is so artificially high on Twitter and Periscope being the wave of the future - he has no other platforms to choose from. If Twitter chooses to unilaterally change the terms of using their service, there is nothing The Ringer can do about it, other than move to another platform they have no control over and begin to tout that as the wave of the future (just like they were forced to move from Medium to Vox when Medium changed their business model).

Savage AF.

Ball, get that guy over here.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 15 Sep 2017, 09:54

Can anybody fill in the blanks. What happened here? Why is she not on the air? Why the cold shoulder from BS (or is it the other way around)?

I don't think there is anything personal going on between them.

they smashed, then it got awkward.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 Sep 2017, 09:57

Dr Jeckyll wrote:

This guy gets it.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby mj3528 » 15 Sep 2017, 10:02

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

This guy gets it.

I don't think they smashed. I have a ticket at 6-1 that Simmons tried to bang and was shot down and Katie got upset by it.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 15 Sep 2017, 10:06

mj3528 wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

This guy gets it.

I don't think they smashed. I have a ticket at 6-1 that Simmons tried to bang and was shot down and Katie got upset by it.

I'm gonna side with #s on this one.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 15 Sep 2017, 10:08

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:

This guy gets it.

I'm gonna side with #s on this one.

mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell