Bill Barnwell

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Bill Barnwell

Postby BilliamWarnwell » 30 Apr 2014, 14:23

.
Last edited by BilliamWarnwell on 05 Jun 2014, 10:33, edited 2 times in total.
BilliamWarnwell
Yankee
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 30 Apr 2014, 14:03

Re: Bill Barnwell

Postby mister bacon » 30 Apr 2014, 15:33

i'm pretty sure he's banned from being within 100 yards of a school.

barnwell would be okay if zach lowe wasn't like 10x better than he was in the same role for hoops. plus barnwell's vegas stint was a real disappointment. he should fess up to getting robbed by a hook-up/hooker if that's what happened.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26124
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: Bill Barnwell

Postby mj3528 » 30 Apr 2014, 15:41

His Vegas stint was the most disappointing. His last column regarding Vegas was very entertaining, but most if not all, of his previous ones were supremely uninteresting. Rote breakdowns of various sports books? Pass.

Barnwell's writing in general is not that interesting to me, although it should be given the subject matter.

The best was the deadspin comment that said, "If you pan back from Barnwell's head shot, I think he is holding a dead infant."
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
User avatar
mj3528
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 9086
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: Bill Barnwell

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 30 Apr 2014, 16:21

Is this actually a new poster, or is that speedy?
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
User avatar
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 12153
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 13:09
Location: Virginia

Re: Bill Barnwell

Postby Jew Jitsu » 30 Apr 2014, 16:31

I've never finished a Zach Lowe article. Yeah he gets good ideas and I start reading it but 10 minutes into it I realize I still got 80% left and then I just exit it. Dude is overrated big time IMO
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
User avatar
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 8728
Joined: 05 Jan 2007, 15:12
Location: Sunset Blvd., North Pole

Re: Bill Barnwell

Postby nova » 30 Apr 2014, 16:37

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:Is this actually a new poster, or is that speedy?


It's a new poster. Don't be a dick.

Welcome, noob. Please make yourself at home.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
User avatar
nova
Thrifty Negro
 
Posts: 25467
Joined: 04 Aug 2005, 16:04
Location: King's Tower | Los Angeles, CA

Re: Bill Barnwell

Postby Gregs Kite » 30 Apr 2014, 19:12

nova wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:Is this actually a new poster, or is that speedy?


It's a new poster. Don't be a dick.

Welcome, noob. Please make yourself at home.


Seconded, take a look around, this place is huge and has stuff for everyone. Stick around a while.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23162
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Bill Barnwell

Postby Theny » 30 Apr 2014, 19:22

Jew Jitsu wrote:I've never finished a Zach Lowe article. Yeah he gets good ideas and I start reading it but 10 minutes into it I realize I still got 80% left and then I just exit it. Dude is overrated big time IMO


I don't read Lowe's columns but his podcasts are enjoyable.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30430
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Bill Barnwell

Postby BilliamWarnwell » 02 May 2014, 10:23

.
Last edited by BilliamWarnwell on 05 Jun 2014, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.
BilliamWarnwell
Yankee
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 30 Apr 2014, 14:03

Re: Bill Barnwell

Postby Dthefritz » 02 May 2014, 15:29

Not a huge fan of Barnwell, but he was right that Manning in 2013 had a better season than Brady, who was really inconsistent and had several noticeably bad games.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7307
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: Bill Barnwell

Postby BilliamWarnwell » 04 May 2014, 16:32

Dthefritz wrote:Not a huge fan of Barnwell, but he was right that Manning in 2013 had a better season than Brady, who was really inconsistent and had several noticeably bad games.



.
Last edited by BilliamWarnwell on 05 Jun 2014, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.
BilliamWarnwell
Yankee
 
Posts: 28
Joined: 30 Apr 2014, 14:03

Re: Bill Barnwell

Postby Seahawks XL Champs » 08 May 2014, 19:02

I skim his crap. I will give him props (albeit very biased) for pretty much knowing all year that the Seahawks were the best, most balanced team in the NFL, and unlike his boss Simmons, picked them to win each of their playoff games. Simmons actually had them losing to the eight point underdog Saints.
User avatar
Seahawks XL Champs
Hope College Alum
 
Posts: 262
Joined: 01 May 2008, 15:36

Re: Bill Barnwell

Postby mister bacon » 09 May 2014, 08:33

Seahawks XL Champs wrote:I skim his crap. I will give him props (albeit very biased) for pretty much knowing all year that the Seahawks were the best, most balanced team in the NFL, and unlike his boss Simmons, picked them to win each of their playoff games. Simmons actually had them losing to the eight point underdog Saints.


simmons hates pete carroll and can't pick any game he's involved in clearly.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26124
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: Bill Barnwell

Postby Briandong79 » 09 May 2014, 08:34

mister bacon wrote:
Seahawks XL Champs wrote:I skim his crap. I will give him props (albeit very biased) for pretty much knowing all year that the Seahawks were the best, most balanced team in the NFL, and unlike his boss Simmons, picked them to win each of their playoff games. Simmons actually had them losing to the eight point underdog Saints.


simmons hates pete carroll and can't pick any game he's involved in clearly.


And Simmons was one of the first national writers in the country to suck off Russell Wilson's overrated penis, so you should love him anyhow, XL.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 30867
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Bill Barnwell

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 09 May 2014, 10:44

Briandong79 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
Seahawks XL Champs wrote:I skim his crap. I will give him props (albeit very biased) for pretty much knowing all year that the Seahawks were the best, most balanced team in the NFL, and unlike his boss Simmons, picked them to win each of their playoff games. Simmons actually had them losing to the eight point underdog Saints.


simmons hates pete carroll and can't pick any game he's involved in clearly.


And Simmons was one of the first national writers in the country to suck off Russell Wilson's overrated penis, so you should love him anyhow, XL.

And you're being a cunt, stop that.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
User avatar
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 12153
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 13:09
Location: Virginia

Next

Return to Even More Cowbell

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest