Sports Radio

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: Sports Radio

Postby chrisco » 06 Sep 2017, 15:49

Gregs Kite wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
bosux wrote:WFAN boomer and carton morning show co-host craig carton arrested...i keep WFAN on in the car for Yankee games and this morning boomer esiason comes on and says his co host has been arrested and that's all he knows...i thought it was a joke

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/craig-carton-boomer-carton-co-host-arrested-fbi-article-1.3473530

Jesus, that's not just getting popped for a DUI or something.

He just said "hold my beer" to Russillo. [/popular internet meme]

Yeah, it's a pretty crazy story and will be hard to top. I hope Esiason doesnt get caught up in this as well.

Sco, how did Carton get caught? How could he have avoided Johnny Law here?

He had a gambling problem. He could have not wagered more than he could afford to lose.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 06 Sep 2017, 15:56

chrisco wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
bosux wrote:WFAN boomer and carton morning show co-host craig carton arrested...i keep WFAN on in the car for Yankee games and this morning boomer esiason comes on and says his co host has been arrested and that's all he knows...i thought it was a joke

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/craig-carton-boomer-carton-co-host-arrested-fbi-article-1.3473530

Yeah, it's a pretty crazy story and will be hard to top. I hope Esiason doesnt get caught up in this as well.

He had a gambling problem. He could have not wagered more than he could afford to lose.

I think that Carton is a bit of a cad. He reminds me of John Bolaris, but not as unsuccessful in life. 2 dbags.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Dthefritz » 06 Sep 2017, 18:36

chrisco wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

Like THAT's any fun.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 Nov 2017, 08:08

This is wild.

And by wild I mean unbearably, unimaginably dull and bland. I can see why #s enjoys this show.

Mike and I had probably crossed paths in the hallway but we certainly didn't know each other. So I'm filling in and come in to meet Mike. It's 5 in the morning and he says: "Do you want some coffee?" And I actually said, "You know, I tend to drink tea." He said to me, "I can make you a pot of tea." I thought to myself, "What a nice guy this is." That was my first impression of him, and it proved to be 100 percent right. Mike is a lot of things. He's funny and opinionated, and at his core he's just a damn nice guy. 

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:

We went on the air and I could tell he could take to good-natured ribbing. He was much heavier than me. No two ways about it; he was a big man. I said to him, "You know, Mike, we're just kind of getting to know each other on the air. This is our first conversation ever." And I said, "If we stood next to each other, we would be the number 10." To his everlasting credit, he thought that was funny and so did I. We started laughing and never stopped.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 15 Nov 2017, 14:29

Gregs Kite wrote:This is wild.

And by wild I mean unbearably, unimaginably dull and bland. I can see why #s enjoys this show.

Mike and I had probably crossed paths in the hallway but we certainly didn't know each other. So I'm filling in and come in to meet Mike. It's 5 in the morning and he says: "Do you want some coffee?" And I actually said, "You know, I tend to drink tea." He said to me, "I can make you a pot of tea." I thought to myself, "What a nice guy this is." That was my first impression of him, and it proved to be 100 percent right. Mike is a lot of things. He's funny and opinionated, and at his core he's just a damn nice guy. 

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:

We went on the air and I could tell he could take to good-natured ribbing. He was much heavier than me. No two ways about it; he was a big man. I said to him, "You know, Mike, we're just kind of getting to know each other on the air. This is our first conversation ever." And I said, "If we stood next to each other, we would be the number 10." To his everlasting credit, he thought that was funny and so did I. We started laughing and never stopped.

Golic is still butt hurt that Greeny is leaving him:

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/11/espns_mike_golic_on_the_end_of.html

JM: How did you react when you learned "Mike & Mike" was ending?

MG: Quite honestly, when I first heard they were splitting us up, I was highly disappointed. I didn't understand why. There's still part of me that still doesn't understand it. But, I'm an employee, I don't get a say. You accept it and go on to the next thing, but I was very surprised. It's been a pretty successful show for the company, but, again, I'm not paid to make those decisions.

JM: A lot has been written and speculated about your relationship with Greenie. How would you describe it?

MG: My relationship with Greenie is fine. The most disappointing thing to me is when you hear former people that worked on the show talking anonymously about behind the scenes things. That aggravated me a lot. Greenie and I are fine. We're going to go off on our separate ways. We never lived close to each other anyway, our kids aren't the same age. So, we were never in the position to hang out a lot anyway. We just meshed so well on the show. He's going to be in New York. I'm still in Connecticut, so I'm sure our paths will cross.
Last edited by mj3528 on 15 Nov 2017, 14:41, edited 1 time in total.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby SouthernYokel » 15 Nov 2017, 14:31

that doesn't seem butt-hurt to me. but on the other hand, if i read it in Golic's voice, it sounds whiny. when he reads Subway ad copy it sounds whiny.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 15 Nov 2017, 14:34

SouthernYokel wrote:that doesn't seem butt-hurt to me. but on the other hand, if i read it in Golic's voice, it sounds whiny. when he reads Subway ad copy it sounds whiny.

I don't think that quote sounds butt-hurt either. I didn't click the link though, so maybe there's some butt-hurt in the rest of it.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 Nov 2017, 14:37

TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:that doesn't seem butt-hurt to me. but on the other hand, if i read it in Golic's voice, it sounds whiny. when he reads Subway ad copy it sounds whiny.

I don't think that quote sounds butt-hurt either. I didn't click the link though, so maybe there's some butt-hurt in the rest of it.

Oddly enough when you click the link you automatically feel like you're wearing Dockers and a nice sweater as you peruse the Home Depot fliers.

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 15 Nov 2017, 14:39

Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Oddly enough when you click the link you automatically feel like you're wearing Dockers and a nice sweater as you peruse the Home Depot fliers.

Bonobos, we were looking for Bonobos
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 15 Nov 2017, 14:45

SouthernYokel wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

I assume Kite's point was that you automatically feel like a MAWG. As a MAWG, I think Home Depot works better. Mostly because I don't know what Bonobos is.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 15 Nov 2017, 14:47

TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

I assume Kite's point was that you automatically feel like a MAWG. As a MAWG, I think Home Depot works better. Mostly because I don't know what Bonobos is.

get off greg's dick :P
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby TheWolf » 15 Nov 2017, 14:49

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

get off greg's dick :P

:lol:
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby SouthernYokel » 15 Nov 2017, 14:49

TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

it's a brand of khaki pants that has a stretchy waistband so mawgs don't have to buy another pair of Dockers when they size up. i was Cheese-ing kite's post that was perfectly fine on its own. someone has to carry the flag.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 Nov 2017, 14:52

SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

it's a brand of khaki pants that has a stretchy waistband so mawgs don't have to buy another pair of Dockers when they size up. i was Cheese-ing kite's post that was perfectly fine on its own. someone has to carry the flag.

So pretty....

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 15 Nov 2017, 14:53

SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Ah, so Bonobos replaces Dockers in Kite's post. I thought you wanted to peruse a Bonobos flier. Carry on.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell