A New Sports Guy Gig

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

A New Sports Guy Gig

Postby RUSF18 » 18 Oct 2012, 12:45

As was rumored, he'll be appearing on NBA Countdown.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-relea ... countdown/
RUSF18
Grantland Editor

Re: A New Sports Guy Gig

Postby paje » 18 Oct 2012, 14:26

It's on Granland now too.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/40134/jalen-rose-and-bill-simmons-will-be-on-nba-countdown

From the comment section:

Randall Wilson · Top Commenter · Scott High School

as much as I love pti with wilbon and kornheiser. I always love it when bill simmons guest hosts. so this nba countdown show has the chance to be fantastic.

Its comments like this one that made Randall a top commenter at Scott High

Anirban Ghosh · Senior Financial Analyst at EnerNOC

That's a wrap, shut the internet down. If y'all get Zach Lowe in there, that's the best NBA show on TV behind the TNT halftime. Grantland takeover!

You heard the man, we can shut down the internet because Bill's on NBA Countdown.

Adam Scheuer · General Manager at Panera Bread

This is great news. Now I have a reason to watch the NBA for the next 6-8 weeks until Love and Rubio come back.

Anytime you can give the GM at Panera Bread a reason watch the NBA, you gotta do it.

Cory Warlick · DCHS

Going to be good stuff. Jalen Rose is better than Barkley IMO.

Don't worry Cory, they'll give Jalen some kind of shtick or catchphrase and he'll be just like all the other ESPN guys.
paje
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Briandong79 » 05 Jun 2014, 14:31

PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 05 Jun 2014, 15:00

Briandong79 wrote:Now he's travelling through time!
http://www.theonion.com/articles/bill-s ... tex,36205/

hmmm that article was tough. Another miss, dong.

Its ok. Youre still coasting on that NBAY2K post, which is understandable. That was terrific.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Briandong79 » 19 Dec 2014, 18:01

Tell us about the discussion you had with Bill Simmons, which he had to cut from his podcast :)

James Andrew Miller
It went on for about 15 minutes and focused on Bill's present and future with ESPN. I promised to keep what we discussed private, but I was hoping it would have been released. Turns out, Bill Simmons is quite smart when he's talking about Bill Simmons.

From a Deadspin Q&A with the ESPN/SNL book guy today. I'm guessing that Simmons has put in a lot of thought into whether the "aggravation" he deals with from ESPN is worth it, and what he would risk if he goes on his own. My guess is that he's smart enough to realize that it would be very tough to swim without ESPN. My guess is that being friendly with Beadle would alert him to some of the potential pitfalls of leaving the Mothership.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Return to Even More Cowbell