The Monday Morning Podcast w/ Bill Burr

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: The Monday Morning Podcast w/ Bill Burr

Postby Gregs Kite » 06 Sep 2017, 07:58

TheWolf wrote:
chrisco wrote:
the cheese wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
chrisco wrote:In my family it was Cuttysark.

Old New England people love Cuttysark. One of my ex-wife's uncles would drink that stuff more than bsmb's traditional 57% of a fifth in one session just about every time I saw him.

I went to three liquor stores looking for Cutty Sark for my wife's grandma's visit a few months ago. Nobody had it. It feels like a very 70s-80s thing to me, an early millenial.

I drank it last year at the Long Beach Yacht Club. Its around, just find some old drinkers and an ocean.

At least one of those things is pretty hard to find in Oklahoma.

I laughed. Well done, The.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 06 Sep 2017, 08:00

babylurch wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
chrisco wrote:
the cheese wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

Old New England people love Cuttysark. One of my ex-wife's uncles would drink that stuff more than bsmb's traditional 57% of a fifth in one session just about every time I saw him.

I went to three liquor stores looking for Cutty Sark for my wife's grandma's visit a few months ago. Nobody had it. It feels like a very 70s-80s thing to me, an early millenial.

I drank it last year at the Long Beach Yacht Club. Its around, just find some old drinkers and an ocean.

I would guess old people. If folks meet Cheese, they die young.

That was good. It's funny because it's true.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby the cheese » 06 Sep 2017, 08:24

babylurch wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
chrisco wrote:
the cheese wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

I would guess old people. If folks meet Cheese, they die young.

Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Gregs Kite » 08 Sep 2017, 12:27

Ol' Freckles had a read on Monday's podcast from some massage company and he, of course, mentioned a potential extra service that every sane person was thinking. Company promptly ends the relationship.

Also, because no one asked or cares, here are the current Top 5 Things Billy Boy Does On His Podcast That Crack Me Up Every Single Time:

5. Zip...................................................................................................................recruita
4. His southern accent. It's so hacky and so terrible and so great. The way he says "fuckin" is priceless.
3. His use of the word cunt. I love it.
2. I just feel, for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
1. The woman bashing. My god, the shit he says is so true and so goddamn funny.

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 08 Sep 2017, 12:31

Gregs Kite wrote:Ol' Freckles had a read on Monday's podcast from some massage company and he, of course, mentioned a potential extra service that every sane person was thinking. Company promptly ends the relationship.

Also, because no one asked or cares, here are the current Top 5 Things Billy Boy Does On His Podcast That Crack Me Up Every Single Time:

5. Zip...................................................................................................................recruita
4. His southern accent. It's so hacky and so terrible and so great. The way he says "fuckin" is priceless.
3. His use of the word cunt. I love it.
2. I just feel, for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
1. The woman bashing. My god, the shit he says is so true and so goddamn funny.

I haven't listened in a few weeks. Need to get back on the horse.

I'd probably move your #5 up to 3, but that's a good list.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby mister bacon » 08 Sep 2017, 22:51

chrisco wrote:
the cheese wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

why drink cutty when dewars exists?
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby the cheese » 11 Sep 2017, 08:34

mister bacon wrote:
chrisco wrote:
the cheese wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

why drink cutty when dewars exists?

Why drink Dewars when Famous Grouse exists?
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Gregs Kite » 12 Sep 2017, 12:06

Pretty good rant on the 9/11 podcast about how the news media (specifically the always balanced Rolling Stone in this case) is essentially whining and crying and whining and complaining and whining and braying about anything and everything Trump day after day after every fucking day when absolutely nothing changes (sound familiar?), instead of focusing on like, actual issues like the shit food we're eating, how the banks have us enslaved and how we're getting microshipped and fingerprinted and having our identities basically put on Craigslist.

But yeah, Russia, man....

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Goose » 13 Sep 2017, 09:59

Gregs Kite wrote:Pretty good rant on the 9/11 podcast about how the news media (specifically the always balanced Rolling Stone in this case) is essentially whining and crying and whining and complaining and whining and braying about anything and everything Trump day after day after every fucking day when absolutely nothing changes (sound familiar?), instead of focusing on like, actual issues like the shit food we're eating, how the banks have us enslaved and how we're getting microshipped and fingerprinted and having our identities basically put on Craigslist.

I enjoy Burr's podcast. But I think he may be the only person still arguing (mostly with himself) about Deflategate.

As for the Top 5 bits. I'd add his '80's comedian/Seinfeld voice. That always get a chuckle.

"WHYYYYY don't they just move the people to where the hurricanes aren't going. I mean..."
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 13 Sep 2017, 10:02

Why don't they just build the entire state of Florida out of the black box?
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Gregs Kite » 13 Sep 2017, 10:04

Goose wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Pretty good rant on the 9/11 podcast about how the news media (specifically the always balanced Rolling Stone in this case) is essentially whining and crying and whining and complaining and whining and braying about anything and everything Trump day after day after every fucking day when absolutely nothing changes (sound familiar?), instead of focusing on like, actual issues like the shit food we're eating, how the banks have us enslaved and how we're getting microshipped and fingerprinted and having our identities basically put on Craigslist.

I enjoy Burr's podcast. But I think he may be the only person still arguing (mostly with himself) about Deflategate.

As for the Top 5 bits. I'd add his '80's comedian/Seinfeld voice. That always get a chuckle.

"WHYYYYY don't they just move the people to where the hurricanes aren't going. I mean..."

You make a fair point about Deflategate, despite the bullshitted-ness of Brady's treatment, I'd prefer he let it go, as well.

Good call on the 80s voice.

I would also add any time he adds "......gross!" to anything, his reads, a question, etc., it makes me laugh.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Goose » 13 Sep 2017, 10:09

Gregs Kite wrote:
Goose wrote:

You make a fair point about Deflategate, despite the bullshitted-ness of Brady's treatment, I'd prefer he let it go, as well.

I would also add any time he adds "......gross!" to anything, his reads, a question, etc., it makes me laugh.

That's also a good one. I stopped just before questions this week. I'm also concerned that his sobriety might start to cut into the antics (see also: Sharpe, Iron Mike) and the whole thing will devolve into fatherhood/racing/helicopter talk.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Gregs Kite » 13 Sep 2017, 10:15

Goose wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
Goose wrote:

That's also a good one. I stopped just before questions this week. I'm also concerned that his sobriety might start to cut into the antics (see also: Sharpe, Iron Mike) and the whole thing will devolve into fatherhood/racing/helicopter talk.

The thing I noticed about these sobriety streaks is once he falls off, he falls off hard and it's great. Either he goes to a sporting event or just says fuck it after a gig. I'm not worried about that.

I don't mind the helicopter talk, because he typically mixes in some funny almost mishaps/crashes. The racing talk sucks out loud, though. I'd rather listen to #s read me the phonebook.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 13 Sep 2017, 10:25

I agree with Kite about the eventual bender he'll go on to get past boring old sobriety. And the racing talk is by far the worst part of this, or maybe any, podcast.

I enjoyed his comments about being on a sobriety kick but buying whiskey glasses, or whatever it was. "That's like a heroin addict going to syringe.net."
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 13 Sep 2017, 11:15

hahahhahahahahahahaa remarkable, a tour de force right here

1) bitching about the objectivity....of Rolling Stone magazine. "Hey, this monkey turd doesn't taste like the cordon bleu I wanted! Sure, I ordered the monkey turd, but I expected it to be a cordon bleu! Screw you for being a monkey turd, monkey turd! You should be something you're not!" PS: I legitimately thought Rolling Stone was an online publication only now. Because WGAF about Rolling Stone magazine.
2) bitching about nothing changing....when Republicans have the house & senate majority and, presumably, the presidency. But yeah, the media's to blame what with their votes and laws and bills, I remember that from Schoolhouse Rock.
3) "whining and crying and whining and complaining and whining and braying about anything and everything Trump day after day after every fucking day when absolutely nothing changes (sound familiar?)".........yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup, it really, really, really does.
4) actual issues like the shit food....and the EPA rollbacks that don't help that shit food per chance? I'm game for talking about that. But you just want to whine and cry and whine and complain and whine and bray about anything and everything anti-Trump day after day after every fucking day.
5) banks have enslaved us.....like the most Goldman Sachs'd cabinet in history? This actually was the one that made me almost fall out of my chair, you couldn't have honestly, actually meant this one, because if so, you....are not bright.
6) And yeah, Russia man.

unbelievable. truly a sight to behold. I give it 4 stars.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell