The Monday Morning Podcast w/ Bill Burr

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: The Monday Morning Podcast w/ Bill Burr

Postby Goose » 29 Jan 2018, 15:20

TheWolf wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:The 1/25 Podcast was a Tour De Force of #Woman. Nia was on, presumably to hype the episode of "Crashing" they are both on. During the podcast, she:

-Whined about taking Bill's last protein bar that he was using for his diet.
-Bitched about her scenes being cut from the episode.
-Needed to be reminded more than once to get off her phone and pay attention to the podcast.
-Repeatedly called Bill negative and a black cloud for his concern about the environment.
-Whined about not having her own headphones for the podcast.
-Was repeatedly told she was a spoiled brat and the only reason Bill gave her things was to shut her up. This barely phased her.
-Closed by asking Bill yet again if she could have the last protein bar. Bill told her it tasted like chocolate covered sand....and she still wanted to take his last one.

Woman are awful.

I listened to this yesterday. It was excellent. The whole protein bar fiasco was hilarious.

I also really enjoyed the 2010 podcast with JoeDeRosa that he played after that. Him shitting on DeRosa's wardrobe was very funny.

Both of those were good.

I listened to the Jim Florentine one at the gym. I've never been a big fan of his and this helped reinforce it. He told a story about watching a Dolphins game on an airplane. Bill prefaced it by talking about how epic it was. It was an underwhelming story. JF was on the show to promote his new book. It makes fun of Facebook hero posts. I imagine it's like here, but less funny.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Incogneetus69 » 29 Jan 2018, 16:51

1-29 with Todd rex I had to turn it off the guy kept taking like burr and it was super cringey.

I almost feel the podcast should be Nia reading fan mail to bill and letting him riff or whatever. Solo bill is too ADD to be enjoyable to me who may have ADD.
Incogneetus69
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Gregs Kite » 31 Jan 2018, 13:03

Incogneetus69 wrote:1-29 with Todd rex I had to turn it off the guy kept taking like burr and it was super cringey.

I almost feel the podcast should be Nia reading fan mail to bill and letting him riff or whatever. Solo bill is too ADD to be enjoyable to me who may have ADD.

I'm powering through, but I agree. I hate when he has guests generally, but yeah Rexx keeps saying the "ovah theeeeeeeyah" bit. It's terrible.

I did, however, like when they talked about being parents. Okay.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 07 Feb 2018, 13:13

waah.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby ctz31 » 07 Feb 2018, 13:16

I enjoyed this bit better. Thoughts 79?

ctz31
#nnf

Postby Briandong79 » 07 Feb 2018, 13:28

ctz31 wrote:I enjoyed this bit better. Thoughts 79?

Good stuff, Burr is probably my favorite comedian these days.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JT99 » 07 Feb 2018, 19:04

Tom Segura's new Netflix special is nails.

He might be my top guy right now.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby TheWolf » 07 Feb 2018, 19:12

JT99 wrote:Tom Segura's new Netflix special is nails.

I also watched that last week. Did I forget to post about it? I thought I posted about it, but now I'm thinking maybe I didn't. Anyway, I agree, it was fucking outstanding. I'm still giving Burr a slight edge on overall body of work, but Segura's latest was the best set I've seen/heard from anyone recently.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby ctz31 » 07 Feb 2018, 19:15

TheWolf wrote:

I also watched that last week. Did I forget to post about it? I thought I posted about it, but now I'm thinking maybe I didn't. Anyway, I agree, it was fucking outstanding. I'm still giving Burr a slight edge on overall body of work, but Segura's latest was the best set I've seen/heard from anyone recently.

Is this new new? Or the one from months ago I purviewed?
ctz31
#nnf

Postby JT99 » 07 Feb 2018, 19:18

ctz31 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Is this new new? Or the one from months ago I purviewed?

Dunno.

The title is "Disgraceful"
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Gregs Kite » 07 Feb 2018, 20:15

TheWolf wrote:

Thirded. I saw him on tour and it was essentially this special. I like how he catches you off guard from time to time, like with the Spanish speaking or the musical influence.

Still, Burr is my ginger spirit animal.

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 08 Feb 2018, 09:34

Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Thirded. I saw him on tour and it was essentially this special. I like how he catches you off guard from time to time, like with the Spanish speaking or the musical influence.

Still, Burr is my ginger spirit animal.

I watched bofa deez last night. The segura i had previously watched, and it seems its new in 2018, so i've perused in the last month apparently. Alcohol huh. Anyway, it was good, some chuckles but no real LOL's. The burr one i watched i've probably seen like 3x previously but still LOL'ed many times. He's still the king.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Gregs Kite » 13 Feb 2018, 13:12

Listened to the MMP from this week with Kevin Shea, whoever the fuck that is. It was brutal. Shea is an Eagles fan so they basically talked about football the whole time, but not in a fun way.

The last question really redeemed things a bit when they bashed woman. Always a fun topic.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Goose » 13 Feb 2018, 13:18

Gregs Kite wrote:Listened to the MMP from this week with Kevin Shea, whoever the fuck that is. It was brutal. Shea is an Eagles fan so they basically talked about football the whole time, but not in a fun way.

The last question really redeemed things a bit when they bashed woman. Always a fun topic.

I listened to this last night while walking laps during my kid's soccer practice. It was a tough listen. Bill seems to know a lot of comedians that don't come across funny on podcasts. I had to fast-forward through the deflategate whining.

Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby imissedcota » 13 Feb 2018, 14:58

I have tickets to see Burr on 3/30. Excited to see his new stuff. I listen to all his podcasts and have seen him live a few times and never get tired of him.
imissedcota
Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell