Other Podcasts

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: Other Podcasts

Postby Briandong79 » 10 Jan 2017, 13:38

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Has Bill hissed his reaction yet?

He wished them the best of luck on this week's Cousin Sal pod, it's actually how I found out.

ETA: I wonder if he might have an ownership stake in them. They're still publishing on Medium.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 17 Jan 2017, 09:54

Dong79, add this to your podcast rotation and report back to us:

http://awfulannouncing.com/2017/should- ... iotti.html
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Jan 2017, 11:45

The PMT interview of Nova and Jemele Hill is surprisingly really entertaining.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 27 Jan 2017, 12:00

Briandong79 wrote:The PMT interview of Nova and Jemele Hill is surprisingly really entertaining.

Nothing surprising about it!

Yeah no, that actually is pretty surprising, because it sounds like a slow crawl to death.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Gregs Kite » 27 Jan 2017, 12:44

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:The PMT interview of Nova and Jemele Hill is surprisingly really entertaining.

Yeah no, that actually is pretty surprising, because it sounds like a slow crawl to death.

You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Theny » 27 Jan 2017, 12:50

MisterTambourineMan wrote:

But they wear totally unique tee shirts. I hope someone asked jemele about her box braids.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Briandong79 » 06 Feb 2017, 10:26

Quite the twist at the end of this week's Crimetown. Definitely one of my favorites so far. I think for the first time that I remember they mention that it's going to be a 20 episode storyline and they're only at episode 9, so I'm glad these will be continuing for awhile.

No show for the next 2 weeks. These guys are less reliable than a Simmons mailbag.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby SouthernYokel » 06 Feb 2017, 10:31

Briandong79 wrote:Quite the twist at the end of this week's Crimetown. Definitely one of my favorites so far. I think for the first time that I remember they mention that it's going to be a 20 episode storyline and they're only at episode 9, so I'm glad these will be continuing for awhile.

No show for the next 2 weeks. These guys are less reliable than a Simmons mailbag.

nice. i'm going to listen to it at lunch.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby SouthernYokel » 06 Feb 2017, 13:59

Double post! the mob enforcer became a gimmick workout device huckster. I can't. Did you listen all the way to the end past their ads? They played a little bonus clip of him explaining why it was better than jump rope.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 06 Feb 2017, 14:01

SouthernYokel wrote:Double post! the mob enforcer became a gimmick workout device huckster. I can't. Did you listen all the way to the end past their ads? They played a little bonus clip of him explaining why it was better than jump rope.

Yes because I noticed how freaking long it was after the "end" of the episode and decided there might be something there.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JT99 » 06 Feb 2017, 14:06

SouthernYokel wrote:Double post! the mob enforcer became a gimmick workout device huckster. I can't. Did you listen all the way to the end past their ads? They played a little bonus clip of him explaining why it was better than jump rope.

Was he going through a gender transformation? If so, I'd love to highlight this on The Ringer [/Simmons]
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 09 Feb 2017, 09:49

JT99 wrote:

Was he going through a gender transformation? If so, I'd love to highlight this on The Ringer [/Simmons]

that would be a teachable moment. this guy could write about it: https://theringer.com/migos-ilovemakonnen-sexuality-coming-out-rolling-stone-328a0359b069#.o8uy8u2jh
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby Goose » 15 Feb 2017, 11:14

I listened to the first 4-5 eps of Crimetown over the last couple of days during my commute. It's pretty good so far. The only issue I have is that one of the guys sounds like he got voice training at the Bill Simmons School of Radio Broadcasting. Maybe it's a regional thing and all of you Patriots lovers around here sound more like CT prep school queers IRL, then droppin' your "R"s and hangin' in the big, bad Southie projects with your daddy, the fuckin' donkey while on the board.

I got that right?
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 Feb 2017, 11:21

Goose wrote:I listened to the first 4-5 eps of Crimetown over the last couple of days during my commute. It's pretty good so far. The only issue I have is that one of the guys sounds like he got voice training at the Bill Simmons School of Radio Broadcasting. Maybe it's a regional thing and all of you Patriots lovers around here sound more like CT prep school queers IRL, then droppin' your "R"s and hangin' in the big, bad Southie projects with your daddy, the fuckin' donkey while on the board.

I got that right?

Close, you need to somehow insert overt racism and hatred of the Jews. Maybe throw in a "FACKIN" to get the D.T. Mencken seal of shoehorning.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 21 Feb 2017, 21:04

Goose wrote:I listened to the first 4-5 eps of Crimetown over the last couple of days during my commute. It's pretty good so far. The only issue I have is that one of the guys sounds like he got voice training at the Bill Simmons School of Radio Broadcasting. Maybe it's a regional thing and all of you Patriots lovers around here sound more like CT prep school queers IRL, then droppin' your "R"s and hangin' in the big, bad Southie projects with your daddy, the fuckin' donkey while on the board.

I got that right?

I think the guy just sounds like Simmons. It's not a regional thing, especially because the internet claims he's from PA.

I'm 4 episodes in and I like it . According to family legend, my great uncle was approached by the Patriarca family circa 1970 and offered a gig as local muscle for their bookies and loan sharks in that area. No idea if it's true, but I've heard many stories about the kind of ass whoopins he used to hand oUT in his day, so it seems plausible. Anyway, I don't really know much else about the Providence mob, so I'm enjoying the story.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell