Other Podcasts

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: Other Podcasts

Postby Briandong79 » 10 Jan 2017, 13:38

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Has Bill hissed his reaction yet?


He wished them the best of luck on this week's Cousin Sal pod, it's actually how I found out.

ETA: I wonder if he might have an ownership stake in them. They're still publishing on Medium.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 29052
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Other Podcasts

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 17 Jan 2017, 09:54

Dong79, add this to your podcast rotation and report back to us:

http://awfulannouncing.com/2017/should- ... iotti.html
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17252
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: Other Podcasts

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Jan 2017, 11:45

The PMT interview of Nova and Jemele Hill is surprisingly really entertaining.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 29052
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Other Podcasts

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 27 Jan 2017, 12:00

Briandong79 wrote:The PMT interview of Nova and Jemele Hill is surprisingly really entertaining.


Nothing surprising about it!



Yeah no, that actually is pretty surprising, because it sounds like a slow crawl to death.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 11028
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Other Podcasts

Postby Gregs Kite » 27 Jan 2017, 12:44

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:The PMT interview of Nova and Jemele Hill is surprisingly really entertaining.


Nothing surprising about it!



Yeah no, that actually is pretty surprising, because it sounds like a slow crawl to death.


Image
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 20287
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Other Podcasts

Postby Theny » 27 Jan 2017, 12:50

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:The PMT interview of Nova and Jemele Hill is surprisingly really entertaining.


Nothing surprising about it!



Yeah no, that actually is pretty surprising, because it sounds like a slow crawl to death.


But they wear totally unique tee shirts. I hope someone asked jemele about her box braids.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 29785
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Other Podcasts

Postby Briandong79 » 06 Feb 2017, 10:26

Quite the twist at the end of this week's Crimetown. Definitely one of my favorites so far. I think for the first time that I remember they mention that it's going to be a 20 episode storyline and they're only at episode 9, so I'm glad these will be continuing for awhile.

No show for the next 2 weeks. These guys are less reliable than a Simmons mailbag.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 29052
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Other Podcasts

Postby SouthernYokel » 06 Feb 2017, 10:31

Briandong79 wrote:Quite the twist at the end of this week's Crimetown. Definitely one of my favorites so far. I think for the first time that I remember they mention that it's going to be a 20 episode storyline and they're only at episode 9, so I'm glad these will be continuing for awhile.

No show for the next 2 weeks. These guys are less reliable than a Simmons mailbag.


nice. i'm going to listen to it at lunch.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28013
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Other Podcasts

Postby SouthernYokel » 06 Feb 2017, 13:59

Double post! the mob enforcer became a gimmick workout device huckster. I can't. Did you listen all the way to the end past their ads? They played a little bonus clip of him explaining why it was better than jump rope.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28013
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Other Podcasts

Postby Briandong79 » 06 Feb 2017, 14:01

SouthernYokel wrote:Double post! the mob enforcer became a gimmick workout device huckster. I can't. Did you listen all the way to the end past their ads? They played a little bonus clip of him explaining why it was better than jump rope.


Yes because I noticed how freaking long it was after the "end" of the episode and decided there might be something there.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 29052
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Other Podcasts

Postby JT99 » 06 Feb 2017, 14:06

SouthernYokel wrote:Double post! the mob enforcer became a gimmick workout device huckster. I can't. Did you listen all the way to the end past their ads? They played a little bonus clip of him explaining why it was better than jump rope.


Was he going through a gender transformation? If so, I'd love to highlight this on The Ringer [/Simmons]
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 8489
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

Re: Other Podcasts

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 09 Feb 2017, 09:49

JT99 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:Double post! the mob enforcer became a gimmick workout device huckster. I can't. Did you listen all the way to the end past their ads? They played a little bonus clip of him explaining why it was better than jump rope.


Was he going through a gender transformation? If so, I'd love to highlight this on The Ringer [/Simmons]


that would be a teachable moment. this guy could write about it: https://theringer.com/migos-ilovemakonnen-sexuality-coming-out-rolling-stone-328a0359b069#.o8uy8u2jh
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7185
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Re: Other Podcasts

Postby Goose » 15 Feb 2017, 11:14

I listened to the first 4-5 eps of Crimetown over the last couple of days during my commute. It's pretty good so far. The only issue I have is that one of the guys sounds like he got voice training at the Bill Simmons School of Radio Broadcasting. Maybe it's a regional thing and all of you Patriots lovers around here sound more like CT prep school queers IRL, then droppin' your "R"s and hangin' in the big, bad Southie projects with your daddy, the fuckin' donkey while on the board.

I got that right?
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
User avatar
Goose
OG's sponsor
 
Posts: 2643
Joined: 03 May 2006, 10:09
Location: Temple Terrace Hooters, waiting on Shamgod

Re: Other Podcasts

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 Feb 2017, 11:21

Goose wrote:I listened to the first 4-5 eps of Crimetown over the last couple of days during my commute. It's pretty good so far. The only issue I have is that one of the guys sounds like he got voice training at the Bill Simmons School of Radio Broadcasting. Maybe it's a regional thing and all of you Patriots lovers around here sound more like CT prep school queers IRL, then droppin' your "R"s and hangin' in the big, bad Southie projects with your daddy, the fuckin' donkey while on the board.

I got that right?


Close, you need to somehow insert overt racism and hatred of the Jews. Maybe throw in a "FACKIN" to get the D.T. Mencken seal of shoehorning.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 20287
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Other Podcasts

Postby TheWolf » 21 Feb 2017, 21:04

Goose wrote:I listened to the first 4-5 eps of Crimetown over the last couple of days during my commute. It's pretty good so far. The only issue I have is that one of the guys sounds like he got voice training at the Bill Simmons School of Radio Broadcasting. Maybe it's a regional thing and all of you Patriots lovers around here sound more like CT prep school queers IRL, then droppin' your "R"s and hangin' in the big, bad Southie projects with your daddy, the fuckin' donkey while on the board.

I got that right?


I think the guy just sounds like Simmons. It's not a regional thing, especially because the internet claims he's from PA.

I'm 4 episodes in and I like it . According to family legend, my great uncle was approached by the Patriarca family circa 1970 and offered a gig as local muscle for their bookies and loan sharks in that area. No idea if it's true, but I've heard many stories about the kind of ass whoopins he used to hand oUT in his day, so it seems plausible. Anyway, I don't really know much else about the Providence mob, so I'm enjoying the story.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 15841
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests