Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: Other Podcasts

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 08 Dec 2016, 14:28

Is she Jay Leno's daughter?
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby the cheese » 08 Dec 2016, 15:44

Kliffy is a shifty bastard hiding behind a carefully groomed stubble, a shitton of offense, and better fitting clothing. You take away all of that and you realize he's a goofy looking sonofabitch with no D.

That Fleck guy, with his hotass second wife and 6 kids, he's a handsome motherfucker. Look at that linen blazer over the white v-neck. Jesus. Total smokeshow.

No-homo.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Goose » 08 Dec 2016, 16:22

the cheese wrote:Kliffy is a shifty bastard hiding behind a carefully groomed stubble, a shitton of offense, and better fitting clothing. You take away all of that and you realize he's a goofy looking sonofabitch with no D.

That Fleck guy, with his hotass second wife and 6 kids, he's a handsome motherfucker. Look at that linen blazer over the white v-neck. Jesus. Total smokeshow.

No-homo.

I like the first wife better. The new one looks like she could morph into Chyna as the years go on.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby mj3528 » 08 Dec 2016, 16:26

Goose wrote:
the cheese wrote:Kliffy is a shifty bastard hiding behind a carefully groomed stubble, a shitton of offense, and better fitting clothing. You take away all of that and you realize he's a goofy looking sonofabitch with no D.

No-homo.

I like the first wife better. The new one looks like she could morph into Chyna as the years go on.

I agree goose. the first one started to morph into a little "mom-like", but still was very attractive.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby SouthernYokel » 20 Dec 2016, 14:21

Just started "Crimetown." Follows 1 city's history of crime per season. This year is the first one and they are leading off with Providence RI and Buddy Cianci. It is pretty good. Narrator sounds a little bit like Ray Liotta so you really feel like it's a Goodfellas audio book or something. Theny should look into this cast.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Theny » 21 Dec 2016, 18:44

SouthernYokel wrote:Just started "Crimetown." Follows 1 city's history of crime per season. This year is the first one and they are leading off with Providence RI and Buddy Cianci. It is pretty good. Narrator sounds a little bit like Ray Liotta so you really feel like it's a Goodfellas audio book or something. Theny should look into this cast.

I've been hovering around that one. I'll start it so we can chit chat.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Briandong79 » 21 Dec 2016, 22:19

Same. Downloaded a few for driving tomorrow. Will report back as well.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby SouthernYokel » 22 Dec 2016, 10:15

i've listened to all of it now. really enjoyable. this Jerry Tillinghast character seems insane. killed people, robbed the mob, etc etc, and now he plays dungeons and dragons.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Dec 2016, 09:50

SouthernYokel wrote:i've listened to all of it now. really enjoyable. this Jerry Tillinghast character seems insane. killed people, robbed the mob, etc etc, and now he plays dungeons and dragons.

Agreed, great show. The narrators aren't the greatest but the stories are so good, don't really need to be.

I've started Lore, just some random quick hit stories about spooky things and other legends, or lore, if you will. It's fine. Decent way to kill a few minutes.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby chrisco » 27 Dec 2016, 15:05

Briandong79 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:i've listened to all of it now. really enjoyable. this Jerry Tillinghast character seems insane. killed people, robbed the mob, etc etc, and now he plays dungeons and dragons.

Agreed, great show. The narrators aren't the greatest but the stories are so good, don't really need to be.

I've started Lore, just some random quick hit stories about spooky things and other legends, or lore, if you will. It's fine. Decent way to kill a few minutes.

I banged out 6 chapters on my drive home yesterday.

- Patriarca and Cianci are right on the edge of my memory so I've been enjoying them filling in the details.
- Tillinghast is the best character on the show by far. I enjoy his lawyer too.
- The Bond Vault job is the best story on here so far. I think it would make a movie we could safely recommend to 31.
- I'm not a fan of how they run their advertising and promos. Its a bit jarring, but I am just coming off a run of 6 part 5 hour Hardcore History listening so maybe its just me.

My verdict: Its a podcast worth listening to.
SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby SouthernYokel » 27 Dec 2016, 15:13

chrisco wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

- Patriarca and Cianci are right on the edge of my memory so I've been enjoying them filling in the details.
- The Bond Vault job is the best story on here so far. I think it would make a movie we could safely recommend to 31.
- I'm not a fan of how they run their advertising and promos. Its a bit jarring, but I am just coming off a run of 6 part 5 hour Hardcore History listening so maybe its just me.

yeah, any podcast who puts long ads in the middle of the cast better be very good.

I too love Tillinghast's lawyer. "Do not tell me anything about the night in question. I want to defend you ethically." hahaha.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 27 Dec 2016, 15:15

SouthernYokel wrote:
chrisco wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

yeah, any podcast who puts long ads in the middle of the cast better be very good.

I too love Tillinghast's lawyer. "Do not tell me anything about the night in question. I want to defend you ethically." hahaha.

I enjoyed him a lot. Talking about being at the bar with Tillinghast's brother the whole night and just basically throwing Jerry under the bus was great too.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Briandong79 » 10 Jan 2017, 12:33

So the Keepin' It 1600 guys just up and left The Ringer and started their own company. As the only podcast on The Ringer to really seem to get any buzz, that can't be great for Bill.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 10 Jan 2017, 12:54

Briandong79 wrote:So the Keepin' It 1600 guys just up and left The Ringer and started their own company. As the only podcast on The Ringer to really seem to get any buzz, that can't be great for Bill.

I loved that podcast, whatever it was.

Bill.has.failed.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 10 Jan 2017, 12:55

Has Bill hissed his reaction yet?
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell