Other Podcasts

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Other Podcasts

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 04 Sep 2009, 11:27

I didnt think Dameshek needed a thread, but I wanted to post that I have listened to a bunch of his podcasts and I like them. They are pretty good. I have tried Carolla and he is ok also, but i like DD's better.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Re: Other Podcasts

Postby Dick Hertz » 04 Sep 2009, 11:31

I download Dan Patrick's and have recently listened to Greg Fitzsimmons as well. Fitz's is pretty new and they record it right after his weekly Sirius show, so it's a continuation and it's not bad.

I've tried some others, but I mostly just go back to Carolla's and Patrick's. I like Carolla's because it's almost always close to one hour and fits perfectly into my excercise schedule each day. :gay:
Dick Hertz
Gray

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 04 Sep 2009, 11:37

i only listen to the espn ones and carolla, i'd be interested to get more recommendations to get through the workday. carolla's pretty good but i'm not interested in some of his guests or topics(sometimes). for me DD is better: more sports-focused(obviously) and less angry than carolla. after dameshek i like the matthew berry fantasy(baseball and football) podcasts. a couple other ones i don't really like that much but will listen to on ocassion if bored(mike and mike, pti). the baseball today one is particularly bad imo. fwiw Gaylord had a good breakdown in the corner a while back about some sports podcasts.
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 12 Sep 2009, 23:21

The Tony Kornheiser show is available in podcast format now.

ETA: looks like they have left the commercials in.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby StringerBell » 14 Sep 2009, 09:36

The Deadcast with Drew Magery is usually a good listen. It was weekly for awhile but now I really don't know when he does them anymore.
StringerBell
Chuggo

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 15 Sep 2009, 20:43

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:The Tony Kornheiser show is available in podcast format now.

ETA: looks like they have left the commercials in.

Looks like they have removed the ads for the podcast. Mr. Tony is the best.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 04 Nov 2009, 13:02

Heres that Boston radio show ripping Simmons

http://audio.weei.com/m/27182823/fraud-of-the-day-award.htm
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 10 Nov 2009, 08:29

peter king is going to be on Dameshek today. and his show is ending tomorrow, sucks...
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 10 Nov 2009, 10:43

Untouchable wrote:peter king is going to be on Dameshek today. and his show is ending tomorrow, sucks...

What? Dameschek's is? Why?
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 10 Nov 2009, 11:55

yes. i'm not sure why, he was pretty cryptic about it, but from what i understand there will be some sort of announcement on wednesday.
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby Brick Tamland » 25 Nov 2009, 10:49

Here's Dameshek's new home: http://accuscore.com/dameshek
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Postby Brick Tamland » 17 Dec 2009, 10:24

Hench and John Salley are launching a weekly podcast thru Carolla... they're on Carolla's podcast today and theirs starts tomorrow.

www.carollaradio.com
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Postby chrisco » 17 Dec 2009, 10:29

Brick Tamland wrote:Hench and John Salley are launching a weekly podcast thru Carolla... they're on Carolla's podcast today and theirs starts tomorrow.

http://www.carollaradio.com

Did Salley just fly in from Alaska to take this photo? It doesn't get that cold in North Hollywood. Also Carolla looks like he's muttering into his handset...hold on a second I just got to take a promo photo with these two doofuses. Who? It's Simmons buddy and an FSN West reject. Yeah I'm giving them a podcast.

SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 17 Dec 2009, 10:32

Dameshek mentions his twitter, his messageboard and urges people to subscribe to his podcast on just about every episode now. it comes across as desperate to me.
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 17 Dec 2009, 10:47

Untouchable wrote:Dameshek mentions his twitter, his messageboard and urges people to subscribe to his podcast on just about every episode now. it comes across as desperate to me.

I listened to a pod the other day with DD where he was doing that. They were also pimping "The Shoe's" Fantasy Football package for $75. Is he no longer affilated with ESPN then? I gotta say, I dont like "The Shoe". I liked "The Sass" a lot better.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Next

Return to Even More Cowbell