Dan Patrick Leaving ESPN--The Dan Patrick Show Thread

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: Dan Patrick Leaving ESPN

Postby JichaelDick » 30 Apr 2008, 13:29

mister bacon wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
Briandean79 wrote:ESPN announced today that The Mike Tirico Show is switching to The Tirico and Van Pelt Show full-time, and that Van Pelt will stay on the air an extra hour after their show is, filling in the slot formerly filled by Stephen A.

Very smart choice by ESPN, imo.

bullshit. i liked Screamin A's radio show. it was entertaining as hell.

Scott Van Pelt = ZzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzZZZZZzZZzZzZZZzZZ

well, both shows are officially off the air in Baton Rouge, because they fucking sucked. as i said ZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZzzZZZZ.

glad the whole city agrees.

As someone who applauded when the Tirico/Screamin' A shows were pulled of the local sports radio shows, let me just say to be careful what you wish for (although I do like the Finebaum Show)
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Dick Hertz » 26 Aug 2008, 00:47

Patrick is scheduled to have Tiger Woods and Michael Phelps both - on Thursday's show. I'm assuming at different times, but just a heads up if you want to listen or grab the podcast.
Dick Hertz
Gray

Postby Briandong79 » 09 Mar 2010, 13:11

McLovin from The Dan Patrick Show managed to make it onto Hot Chicks With Douchebags (along with Brooklyn Decker):
http://hotchickswithdouchebags.com/new/?p=5010
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

The Dan Patrick Show

Postby Briandong79 » 24 Mar 2011, 11:29

I don't know if anyone listens to this as regularly as I do but Scott Van Pelt called in yesterday, I believe he's the first solely ESPN employee to ever call the show as a guest since it started (Wilbon is on occasionally but I'm not sure if he's been on since he left the Post, Bilas appears but only when he's also working for CBS for the tourney, Golic stopped in at one of the Super Bowls b\c he happened to be walking by and DP invited him on, Greenberg of course refused). Nice to SVP not be afraid of the ESPN bosses, though he'll probably get suspended now.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Re: The Dan Patrick Show

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 24 Mar 2011, 11:32

Briandean79 wrote:I don't know if anyone listens to this as regularly as I do but Scott Van Pelt called in yesterday, I believe he's the first solely ESPN employee to ever call the show as a guest since it started (Wilbon is on occasionally but I'm not sure if he's been on since he left the Post, Bilas appears but only when he's also working for CBS for the tourney, Golic stopped in at one of the Super Bowls b\c he happened to be walking by and DP invited him on, Greenberg of course refused). Nice to SVP not be afraid of the ESPN bosses, though he'll probably get suspended now.

i don't remember this, were the circumstances of DP's departure bitter?
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Re: The Dan Patrick Show

Postby Briandong79 » 24 Mar 2011, 11:37

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
Briandean79 wrote:I don't know if anyone listens to this as regularly as I do but Scott Van Pelt called in yesterday, I believe he's the first solely ESPN employee to ever call the show as a guest since it started (Wilbon is on occasionally but I'm not sure if he's been on since he left the Post, Bilas appears but only when he's also working for CBS for the tourney, Golic stopped in at one of the Super Bowls b\c he happened to be walking by and DP invited him on, Greenberg of course refused). Nice to SVP not be afraid of the ESPN bosses, though he'll probably get suspended now.

i don't remember this, were the circumstances of DP's departure bitter?

I think it's pretty standard ESPN policy to restrict their "talent" like this, but they seem to make more of a point of doing so to Patrick's show, there have been numerous times where he's interviewed someone and ESPN has used some of what the guest said and not given him credit. DP also complains about Mike & Mike and Cowherd ripping off some of his topics. I think he had some issues with the higher-ups, but generally he's pretty positive about the people he worked with, and especially SVP and Eisen, I don't think I've ever heard him say anything remotely negative about either of them.

He does make a lot of comments about Stu Scott and Berman, though.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Re: Dan Patrick Leaving ESPN--The Dan Patrick Show Thread

Postby Private Zod » 02 Sep 2011, 06:32

Dan Patrick recently had ex-ESPN employy, now CBS sports reporter, Bruce Feldmen on to talk about how ESPN collossally fucked up the Mike Leach situation that cost him his 17 year job reporting on NCAA Football.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaa-football ... rick-show/

What a bunch of clowns. They got rid of one of the only respected NCAA reporters that they have but backed the asshat, pagent DAD who blows as an announcer.
Private Zod
Pink Helmet

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 02 Sep 2011, 07:01

Private Zod wrote:Dan Patrick recently had ex-ESPN employy, now CBS sports reporter, Bruce Feldmen on to talk about how ESPN collossally fucked up the Mike Leach situation that cost him his 17 year job reporting on NCAA Football.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaa-football ... rick-show/

What a bunch of clowns. They got rid of one of the only respected NCAA reporters that they have but backed the asshat, pagent DAD who blows as an announcer.

And this guy, we just call Feldman.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Private Zod » 02 Sep 2011, 07:25

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:And this guy, we just call Feldman.

That made Zod laugh.
Private Zod
Pink Helmet

Postby Briandong79 » 12 Jan 2012, 17:28

Bonnie Bernstein subbed for DP today and tomorrow, and I thought she was really, really good. Definitely the most knowledgeable female I've ever heard host a radio or TV show.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 12 Jan 2012, 17:43

Briandong79 wrote:Bonnie Bernstein subbed for DP today and tomorrow, and I thought she was really, really good. Definitely the most knowledgeable female I've ever heard host a radio or TV show.

My sources tell me that she banged Jay Williams of Duke. Amongst others. Others that have been rumored to have Bonnie'd her Bernstein: Parcells, Belichick, Cowher, Alex Rodriguez.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Rodney Farva » 12 Jan 2012, 22:29

i thought she put the hump to brian billick
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 12 Jan 2012, 23:14

I'd heard beej for Jay Williams after Dook won the 2001 title
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Briandong79 » 06 Mar 2012, 14:08

This would be pretty awesome to attend:
http://www.paleycenter.org/2012-spring- ... ther-again
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby mister bacon » 07 Mar 2012, 17:18

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:I'd heard beej for Jay Williams after Dook won the 2001 title

yeah, i've heard this but don't buy it.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell