Ozzie Guillen Was Right: The Jay Mariotti Sucks Thread

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: Ozzie Guillen Was Right: The Jay Mariotti Sucks Thread

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 12 May 2011, 09:54

mister bacon wrote:fuck that dude, i hope he goes to prison for five years.

If Howard Bryant did it you'd be holding vigil outside the police station.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 12 May 2011, 11:53

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby mister bacon » 12 May 2011, 12:02

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

who is howard bryant?

mariotti wrote multiple articles about every athlete that ever got arrested advocating that they practically be banned from the sport. if he wasn't such an asshole to everyone else, people wouldn't be calling for him to get the book thrown at him. as usual, the people with the loudest mouths about crime and punishment turn out to be the biggest hypocrites.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby kaskomm09 » 12 May 2011, 12:13

mister bacon wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

who is howard bryant?

mariotti wrote multiple articles about every athlete that ever got arrested advocating that they practically be banned from the sport. if he wasn't such an asshole to everyone else, people wouldn't be calling for him to get the book thrown at him. as usual, the people with the loudest mouths about crime and punishment turn out to be the biggest hypocrites.

Spot on. Some of you may remember him calling for LeGarrett Blount to be jailed after throwing a punch in the postgame of that UO-Boise game. If not, here's a synopsis of his discussion with Whitlock on it, well after the fact and given time to sit and think on it. After his first assault allegations, if fact.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/twocents/ ... -gone-jail
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby mister bacon » 12 May 2011, 12:54

what a stupid cockbag. fuck this guy.

i hope all the bad things in life happen to him, and only him. now if you'll excuse me, i have to put some water in woody paige's mama's bowl...
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 12 May 2011, 13:18

Howard Bryant needs to realize he is on TV and drop the homo giant hoop earring. Also, he has a domestic violence charge as well. What a weirdo. Dude, we all know youre a DL 'brotha', you dont need to be hitting cunts to try to prove you arent a fag.

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 07 Aug 2013, 12:57

He's back!

Following in the footsteps of Grantland, MMQB, and the new Gammons site, Mariotti had his own site now. Still lacks any semblance of self awareness.

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/aug ... lanet.html

http://www.mariottishow.com/
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 09 Mar 2015, 09:26

SF Examiner hires Mariotti to be their sports director / columnist. Apparently the examiner is a free daily news paper in 'cisco.

http://m.sfexaminer.com/sanfrancisco/ma ... id=2922691
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 11 May 2015, 14:21

Who wants to read Mariotti's take on the Simmons situation?

http://m.sfexaminer.com/sanfrancisco/ma ... id=2929469

Before he works again, the fanboy needs to take a law class or two. The Internet has enabled recklessness by idiot entrepreneurs — such as the assclown at Gawker Media — who think they can publish lies about anyone because it’s difficult for a public figure to win a libel suit against a web publication. So the entrepreneurs hire clueless kid losers for $15 a story and order them to drive traffic, resulting in sleazy techniques and wild inaccuracies. I told a college journalism class that you’d be better off cleaning sewage plants than working for something called Deadspin.com, where you’re being paid less than a janitor to basically pick up garbage and place it on the Internet.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby JichaelDick » 11 May 2015, 14:22

...Mariotti's not really WRONG about Gawker, but he ain't the one that needs to be leading that charge.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Colonel Angus » 11 May 2015, 16:22

I chuckled at this part:

I’ve had my squabbles with corporate management. But my complaints were legitimate

The shots at Nate Silver seemed unprovoked and unnecessary too. And the Whitlock section was just confusing.

Mariotti is an angry little man.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby nova » 12 May 2015, 07:16

Next, ESPN is trying an African-American site with an editor, Jason Whitlock, who isn’t liked by many African-American writers and is more comfortable in a strip joint than in any mentoring position. The site’s marquee hire so far was a white journalist, Mike Wise.

I would imagine there's been more mentoring in strip clubs - either by strippers or patrons - than any other venue in the world.

Semi-related: Mike Wise fucking sucks. He's a whiny liberal faggot.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby theken » 12 May 2015, 07:26

From the same paragraph ....
ESPN also killed sportswriting when it gave a major platform to a statistics geek, Nate Silver, failing to realize that sport is best covered via the exploration of human emotion, not the joyless crunching of numbers.

Oh?

In the process, the network chased off Rick Reilly, only the greatest sportswriter of his generation and someone who broke news responsibly, covered games and press conferences on site, interviewed subjects, understood libel law and carried the profession with savvy.

Hahahahahahaha.
http://www.undrafted.ca
jack_daniels wrote:
NBA Die-Hard #11/19 wrote:Uh oh JD looks like _ has gone Thomas Jones on us and "tweaked" a hammy... better bring no touchy back from AAA...

I didn't tweah shit faggot. Shut up.
theken
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby JT99 » 12 May 2015, 07:31

nova wrote:
Next, ESPN is trying an African-American site with an editor, Jason Whitlock, who isn’t liked by many African-American writers and is more comfortable in a strip joint than in any mentoring position. The site’s marquee hire so far was a white journalist, Mike Wise.

I would imagine there's been more mentoring in strip clubs - either by strippers or patrons - than any other venue in the world.

Quite possibly the worst Twitter follow ever. REALLY tries to pass himself off as an intellectual but the only smart things that he ever posts are re-tweets of other people's words.

He went to Fresno State, for fuck's sake.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Colonel Angus » 12 May 2015, 07:34

JT99 wrote:
nova wrote:

Quite possibly the worst Twitter follow ever. REALLY tries to pass himself off as an intellectual but the only smart things that he ever posts are re-tweets of other people's words.

He went to Fresno State, for fuck's sake.

FSUjr
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell