Ozzie Guillen Was Right: The Jay Mariotti Sucks Thread

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: Ozzie Guillen Was Right: The Jay Mariotti Sucks Thread

Postby mister bacon » 21 Aug 2010, 11:30

nasty nova wrote:Kasko's wet dream becomes a reality.

ESPN personalities and sports columnist Jay Mariotti was arrested overnight by Los Angeles police officers in the Pacific division.

He was booked on suspicion of a felony, but officials would not provide further details.

A source with knowledge of the case described it as a domestic disturbance charge involving his girlfriend. He was being held on $50,000 bail.

Fuck. yeah.

ETA: Didn't know Jew Jitsu worked for the LA Times.

this is BRILLIANT. i cant wait for the mugshot.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby mister bacon » 21 Aug 2010, 12:42

# At some point I'm going to feel bad about reveling in Mariotti's lowest moment. Until that point ... drinks on me! 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# @zipyrich Was wondering why I hadn't heard from you! Thank you again. You can DRAW. I mean, better than I can write. And, um, I'm good 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck in reply to zipyrich

# @CJStarchild hahahahahhah don't do THAT 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck in reply to CJStarchild

# I need Mariotti's mug shot. I need it now. Mug shot. Mariotti. Now. I bet his eyes are red from bawling like a baby that motherf------ 4 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# True RT @KySportsRadio: There is little I've enjoyed more than Doyel's reaction when I told him the Mariotti news on phone. Kid at Christmas 6 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# @murphsturph hahahahha Murphy!!! 7 minutes ago via TweetDeck in reply to murphsturph

# I think I'm done. I need a cigarette. Just like Mariotti's cellmate will want one in about, oh ... now. 8 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Just a guess, but if Mariotti DID hit somebody, he used an open hand. Guy like that hasn't thrown a punch in his life. 9 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# He writes strong, but ducks athletes. He screams on TV, but ducks writers. He flies around world to watch the game on press room TV. A--hole 11 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# @EricinHouston Well, thank you! 13 minutes ago via TweetDeck in reply to EricinHouston

# People keep asking, 'Why do you hate Mariotti?' I say, 140 characters ain't enough to explain. 140 pages might do it. If I don't use vowels 13 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# If the subject of this story were an athlete, Mariotti would call for his dismissal. Just saying ... 14 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Mariotti in jail on $50,000 bail. Mariotti in jail on $50,000 bail. Mariotti ... sorry. Please, nobody pinch me. This is the best dream ever 15 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# @NJ_StevePoliti No worries. I'm doing it to myself at the moment 17 minutes ago via TweetDeck in reply to NJ_StevePoliti

# And if anybody thought I MIGHT be a big enough man to let this go, sorry. I'm tiny. And Mariotti deserves everything he gets in the shower 18 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# By the way, here's the link to Mariotti's arrest, also known as Christmas in August: http://bit.ly/a5DcVG 19 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# If you're waiting for someone to rush to Mariotti's defense as a character witness, it could be a while. Grab a book. War and Peace, maybe 21 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# What's the max penalty for domestic violence in California, anyway? Please tell me it's a capital crime out there. 22 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# People like to say that this writer, or that writer, is hated. Wrong. Some of us are disliked. Mariotti? Truly hated. 24 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# I think I've said enough about Mariotti. In closing, I will say this: Jay, PLEASE drop the soap in the shower 27 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# If Jay'd been working, he'd have the alibi of all those people who saw him in locker room, interviewing players. Oh, right. Never mind 28 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Look, there's nothing funny about domestic abuse. Except for when Mariotti is accused. And then it's absolutely hilarious. 29 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Hell, I might just get myself arrested in L.A. so I can share a cell with sweet lil' Jay. But then, I'd have to take a number. He's so cute! 30 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Where's the rest of the story? That, after (allegedly) hitting his girlfriend, that she then kicked Mariotti's ass for 45 minutes? 33 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Oh to be a fly on the wall in Ozzie Guillen's house ... or to be at Guillen's pregame media briefing later today in Kansas City 34 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Mariotti accused of hitting his girlfriend? I can't believe it. Mariotti has a girlfriend??!?! 36 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Only a coward hits a woman. So you can't possibly believe Mariotti would hit a woman unless you believe he's a coward. Oh, wait ... 37 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# So. Jay Mariotti, huh? Where. Do. I. Be. Gin. 38 minutes ago via TweetDeck

gregg doyel KILLING Mariotti. just KILLING him. something tells me that these may be hidden or removed later, but for now... thanks shamgung.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby IhateTomBrady » 21 Aug 2010, 18:51

I don't know how I missed this Roger Ebert article from 2008 but he linked it on his twitter:
Jay Mariotti's arrest makes me fondly remember my farewell column after the rat left the Sun-Times: http://j.mp/cFWDNF

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc ... /808289997
_ to Dick Hertz: You wrote your own death when you signed the cheque off on that McMansion that is most definitely underwater at this point but too proud to tell anyone here... You don't know jack shit about the blue collar life you yuppie faggot.
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby mister bacon » 22 Aug 2010, 08:02

http://jay-mariotti.fanhouse.com/2009/0 ... or-blount/

jay mariotti wanted JAIL TIME for legarret blount. ha!

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 23 Aug 2010, 11:31

Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 23 Aug 2010, 12:46

I am mesmerized by Mariotti's forehead:

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Jew Jitsu » 23 Aug 2010, 13:11

''get yo wig pushed back, by the wig push backer''-sigel
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby White Lightning » 23 Aug 2010, 20:09

I enjoyed the eye witness account in Deadspin

http://deadspin.com/5619582/jay-mariotti-domestic-dispute-witness-he-grabbed-her-by-the-hair#comments

I'm assuming they edited out "Baba Booey" at the end because there is no way the whiffle ball bat brandishing is real.
Gregs Kite - Wed May 22, 2013 9:55 am: WL is funny, possibly a full blown alcoholic, and seemingly not a prissy dickhead.
White Lightning
Etiquette Instructor

Postby kaskomm09 » 24 Aug 2010, 11:29

nasty nova wrote:Kasko's wet dream becomes a reality.

ESPN personalities and sports columnist Jay Mariotti was arrested overnight by Los Angeles police officers in the Pacific division.

He was booked on suspicion of a felony, but officials would not provide further details.

A source with knowledge of the case described it as a domestic disturbance charge involving his girlfriend. He was being held on $50,000 bail.

Fuck. yeah.

ETA: Didn't know Jew Jitsu worked for the LA Times.

This is superb. I was out of town for the weekend at a good friends' wedding. The text message from my brother informing me of the felony may have been the highlight of the weekend.

Bacon posted it up, but here's the screen shots and article on Doyle's twitter flaming of Mariotti: http://www.tauntr.com/content/cbs-gregg ... y-mariotti
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 28 Aug 2010, 16:10

mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Booharv » 29 Aug 2010, 08:18

mister bacon wrote:
# At some point I'm going to feel bad about reveling in Mariotti's lowest moment. Until that point ... drinks on me! 2 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# @zipyrich Was wondering why I hadn't heard from you! Thank you again. You can DRAW. I mean, better than I can write. And, um, I'm good 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck in reply to zipyrich

# @CJStarchild hahahahahhah don't do THAT 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck in reply to CJStarchild

# I need Mariotti's mug shot. I need it now. Mug shot. Mariotti. Now. I bet his eyes are red from bawling like a baby that motherf------ 4 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# True RT @KySportsRadio: There is little I've enjoyed more than Doyel's reaction when I told him the Mariotti news on phone. Kid at Christmas 6 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# @murphsturph hahahahha Murphy!!! 7 minutes ago via TweetDeck in reply to murphsturph

# I think I'm done. I need a cigarette. Just like Mariotti's cellmate will want one in about, oh ... now. 8 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Just a guess, but if Mariotti DID hit somebody, he used an open hand. Guy like that hasn't thrown a punch in his life. 9 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# He writes strong, but ducks athletes. He screams on TV, but ducks writers. He flies around world to watch the game on press room TV. A--hole 11 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# @EricinHouston Well, thank you! 13 minutes ago via TweetDeck in reply to EricinHouston

# People keep asking, 'Why do you hate Mariotti?' I say, 140 characters ain't enough to explain. 140 pages might do it. If I don't use vowels 13 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# If the subject of this story were an athlete, Mariotti would call for his dismissal. Just saying ... 14 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Mariotti in jail on $50,000 bail. Mariotti in jail on $50,000 bail. Mariotti ... sorry. Please, nobody pinch me. This is the best dream ever 15 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# @NJ_StevePoliti No worries. I'm doing it to myself at the moment 17 minutes ago via TweetDeck in reply to NJ_StevePoliti

# And if anybody thought I MIGHT be a big enough man to let this go, sorry. I'm tiny. And Mariotti deserves everything he gets in the shower 18 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# By the way, here's the link to Mariotti's arrest, also known as Christmas in August: http://bit.ly/a5DcVG 19 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# If you're waiting for someone to rush to Mariotti's defense as a character witness, it could be a while. Grab a book. War and Peace, maybe 21 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# What's the max penalty for domestic violence in California, anyway? Please tell me it's a capital crime out there. 22 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# People like to say that this writer, or that writer, is hated. Wrong. Some of us are disliked. Mariotti? Truly hated. 24 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# I think I've said enough about Mariotti. In closing, I will say this: Jay, PLEASE drop the soap in the shower 27 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# If Jay'd been working, he'd have the alibi of all those people who saw him in locker room, interviewing players. Oh, right. Never mind 28 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Look, there's nothing funny about domestic abuse. Except for when Mariotti is accused. And then it's absolutely hilarious. 29 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Hell, I might just get myself arrested in L.A. so I can share a cell with sweet lil' Jay. But then, I'd have to take a number. He's so cute! 30 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Where's the rest of the story? That, after (allegedly) hitting his girlfriend, that she then kicked Mariotti's ass for 45 minutes? 33 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Oh to be a fly on the wall in Ozzie Guillen's house ... or to be at Guillen's pregame media briefing later today in Kansas City 34 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Mariotti accused of hitting his girlfriend? I can't believe it. Mariotti has a girlfriend??!?! 36 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Only a coward hits a woman. So you can't possibly believe Mariotti would hit a woman unless you believe he's a coward. Oh, wait ... 37 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# So. Jay Mariotti, huh? Where. Do. I. Be. Gin. 38 minutes ago via TweetDeck

gregg doyel KILLING Mariotti. just KILLING him. something tells me that these may be hidden or removed later, but for now... thanks shamgung.

Crucify em Doyle! Tie that hypocritical woman beating ass to the tree of woe!
faggy opinions + certainty = douchebag status
Booharv
Hope College Alum

Postby Briandong79 » 11 May 2011, 21:32

Mariotti is even more completely fucked now:
http://deadspin.com/5801035/jay-mariott ... -in-prison
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 12 May 2011, 06:49

Ha ha.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 12 May 2011, 08:56

wow...
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby mister bacon » 12 May 2011, 09:51

fuck that dude, i hope he goes to prison for five years.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell