Ozzie Guillen Was Right: The Jay Mariotti Sucks Thread

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: Ozzie Guillen Was Right: The Jay Mariotti Sucks Thread

Postby Gregs Kite » 12 May 2015, 07:46

theken wrote:From the same paragraph ....
In the process, the network chased off Rick Reilly, only the greatest sportswriter of his generation and someone who broke news responsibly, covered games and press conferences on site, interviewed subjects, understood libel law and carried the profession with savvy.

Hahahahahahaha.

I had to go read this myself to make sure you weren't pulling my chain.

That is fantastic. He's 100% correct. Rick Reilly is a great sportswriter. It was a damn shame to lose his unique humor. A nation of dad humorists in their dad pants mourn wistfully in their recliners.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the awkward shoehorning of Bob Kravitz to somehow generate some fresh and not tired at all Boston hate. Kravitz took down the Patriots. Boston.com is unprofessional! Boston. Where did Simmons grow up? Boston! (by the way, he did?) Where did these writers learn to write? Simmons! Boston! LOLWUT? I assume Balls helped edit this. Well done.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby nova » 12 May 2015, 07:48

Gregs Kite wrote:
theken wrote:From the same paragraph ....
In the process, the network chased off Rick Reilly, only the greatest sportswriter of his generation and someone who broke news responsibly, covered games and press conferences on site, interviewed subjects, understood libel law and carried the profession with savvy.

Hahahahahahaha.

I had to go read this myself to make sure you weren't pulling my chain.

That is fantastic. He's 100% correct. Rick Reilly is a great sportswriter. It was a damn shame to lose his unique humor. A nation of dad humorists in their dad pants mourn wistfully in their recliners.

I also thoroughly enjoyed the awkward shoehorning of Bob Kravitz to somehow generate some fresh and not tired at all Boston hate. Kravitz took down the Patriots. Boston.com is unprofessional! Boston. Where did Simmons grow up? Boston! (by the way, he did?) Where did these writers learn to write? Simmons! Boston! LOLWUT? I assume Balls helped edit this. Well done.

Agreed on the last part. This was a strawman that Bald would put his flat-billed stamp of approval.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 20 May 2015, 16:43

it is killing him that no one wants to read his shit anymore, I don't remember ever reading a column this transparently jealous.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 25 Mar 2016, 09:25

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:SF Examiner hires Mariotti to be their sports director / columnist. Apparently the examiner is a free daily news paper in 'cisco.

http://m.sfexaminer.com/sanfrancisco/ma ... id=2922691

...And he no longer works there:

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/jay-mar ... n-end.html
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Previous

Return to Even More Cowbell