Ozzie Guillen Was Right: The Jay Mariotti Sucks Thread

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Ozzie Guillen Was Right: The Jay Mariotti Sucks Thread

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 25 Jun 2007, 16:24

Instead of clogging all of the Chicago team threads with his garbage, let's put our hateration of Mariotti here. Let the hating begin!
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
User avatar
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5825
Joined: 09 Jan 2006, 18:18
Location: getting revenge on hookers

Re: Ozzie Guillen Was Right: The Jay Mariotti Sucks Thread

Postby the cheese » 25 Jun 2007, 16:40

Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:Instead of clogging all of the Chicago team threads with his garbage, let's put our hateration of Mariotti here. Let the hating begin!



You're foolishly assuming that anyone outside of two guys on this board actually cares what anyone writes about the White Sox.
Last edited by the cheese on 25 Jun 2007, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 16846
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Ozzie Guillen Was Right: The Jay Mariotti Sucks Thread

Postby kaskomm09 » 25 Jun 2007, 16:41

Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:Instead of clogging all of the Chicago team threads with his garbage, let's put our hateration of Mariotti here. Let the hating begin!


Long overdue. However, let's give the real credit where it is due -- Hawk Harrelson has been hatin on Jay much, much longer.
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
User avatar
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3534
Joined: 24 Jul 2005, 19:54
Location: Champion of the Sun

Re: Ozzie Guillen Was Right: The Jay Mariotti Sucks Thread

Postby the cheese » 25 Jun 2007, 16:41

kaskomm09 wrote:
Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:Instead of clogging all of the Chicago team threads with his garbage, let's put our hateration of Mariotti here. Let the hating begin!


Long overdue. However, let's give the real credit where it is due -- Hawk Harrelson has been hatin on Jay much, much longer.


Who's this Hawk Harrelson fellow? Some drunk regular at your corner bar?
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 16846
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Ozzie Guillen Was Right: The Jay Mariotti Sucks Thread

Postby kaskomm09 » 25 Jun 2007, 16:44

the cheese wrote:
kaskomm09 wrote:
Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:Instead of clogging all of the Chicago team threads with his garbage, let's put our hateration of Mariotti here. Let the hating begin!


Long overdue. However, let's give the real credit where it is due -- Hawk Harrelson has been hatin on Jay much, much longer.


Who's this Hawk Harrelson fellow? Some drunk regular at your corner bar?


(Might be missing your sarcasm)... but Hawk would be the White Sox color guy, otherwise known as the guy that has annoyed the piss out of you with such calls as "You can put it on the booooard, yeeeeessss!", "Grab some bench", and "He gone!"

Say what you want about Hawk, but I fully support him in his efforts to pummel Marrioti's douche ass.
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
User avatar
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3534
Joined: 24 Jul 2005, 19:54
Location: Champion of the Sun

Re: Ozzie Guillen Was Right: The Jay Mariotti Sucks Thread

Postby the cheese » 25 Jun 2007, 16:46

kaskomm09 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
kaskomm09 wrote:
Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:Instead of clogging all of the Chicago team threads with his garbage, let's put our hateration of Mariotti here. Let the hating begin!


Long overdue. However, let's give the real credit where it is due -- Hawk Harrelson has been hatin on Jay much, much longer.


Who's this Hawk Harrelson fellow? Some drunk regular at your corner bar?


(Might be missing your sarcasm)... but Hawk would be the White Sox color guy, otherwise known as the guy that has annoyed the piss out of you with such calls as "You can put it on the booooard, yeeeeessss!", "Grab some bench", and "He gone!"

Say what you want about Hawk, but I fully support him in his efforts to pummel Marrioti's douche ass.


White Sox games are televised? Who would do such a thing?
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 16846
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Ozzie Guillen Was Right: The Jay Mariotti Sucks Thread

Postby kaskomm09 » 25 Jun 2007, 16:47

the cheese wrote:
kaskomm09 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
kaskomm09 wrote:
Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:Instead of clogging all of the Chicago team threads with his garbage, let's put our hateration of Mariotti here. Let the hating begin!


Long overdue. However, let's give the real credit where it is due -- Hawk Harrelson has been hatin on Jay much, much longer.


Who's this Hawk Harrelson fellow? Some drunk regular at your corner bar?


(Might be missing your sarcasm)... but Hawk would be the White Sox color guy, otherwise known as the guy that has annoyed the piss out of you with such calls as "You can put it on the booooard, yeeeeessss!", "Grab some bench", and "He gone!"

Say what you want about Hawk, but I fully support him in his efforts to pummel Marrioti's douche ass.


White Sox games are televised? Who would do such a thing?


It was a rough weekend of baseball. Lay off me cheese.
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
User avatar
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3534
Joined: 24 Jul 2005, 19:54
Location: Champion of the Sun

Re: Ozzie Guillen Was Right: The Jay Mariotti Sucks Thread

Postby the cheese » 25 Jun 2007, 16:48

kaskomm09 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
kaskomm09 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
kaskomm09 wrote:
Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:Instead of clogging all of the Chicago team threads with his garbage, let's put our hateration of Mariotti here. Let the hating begin!


Long overdue. However, let's give the real credit where it is due -- Hawk Harrelson has been hatin on Jay much, much longer.


Who's this Hawk Harrelson fellow? Some drunk regular at your corner bar?


(Might be missing your sarcasm)... but Hawk would be the White Sox color guy, otherwise known as the guy that has annoyed the piss out of you with such calls as "You can put it on the booooard, yeeeeessss!", "Grab some bench", and "He gone!"

Say what you want about Hawk, but I fully support him in his efforts to pummel Marrioti's douche ass.


White Sox games are televised? Who would do such a thing?


It was a rough weekend of baseball. Lay off me cheese.


I'm just glad A.J. Pieruazldkl;asdjfakldjfi can breathe easy now that the NightStalker Michael Barret has been traded.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 16846
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Postby Prison Mike » 26 Jun 2007, 01:12

Jay Mariotti has singlehandedly destroyed everything ESPN once was. Prior to him, the shows were somewhat enjoyable to watch. Sure, Sportscenter was turning into a show based on which anchor could spout more cliched bullcrap than the other, but PTI was great, and their other shows like Baseball Tonight were actually fun to watch, and you could actually learn something. Once ATH began and did well enough in the ratings, ESPN solely relies on dumbass, no talent hacks like Mariotti, Bayless, Paige, to outshout each other, and this has spread to other shows like Baseball Tonight (Kruk and Steve Phillips), NFL Live (all of them with the exception of John Clayton, most notably Salisbury) and NBA Fastbreak (Screamin A.). Now I turn on Sportscenter at 6, and who do I see but Jay Mariotti and Screamin A. With the exception of PTI (which I can just listen to on a podcast) and the occasional Page 2 column (Simmons, Keri, and Keown are the only good ones), I'm done with ESPN, I'll go to Yahoo Sports to get my info.

This site does a good job ripping his columns (along with a few other columnists):

http://www.jaythejoke.com/
User avatar
Prison Mike
Hope College Alum
 
Posts: 203
Joined: 10 May 2007, 03:12

Postby Theny » 26 Jun 2007, 07:46

I don't really mind Mariotti as I've said before -- Sean Salisbury is by far the worst thing to happen to espn lately. Screamin A. isn't bad either, he knows his shit.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 29921
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Postby Dr. Spaceman » 26 Jun 2007, 08:41

The worst thing about Mariotti is his willingness to put himself into the story, which, if you take Journalism 101 is a serious NO-NO.

Eddie Munster says things simply to get a reaction out of people,
he constantly flip-flops on issues and writes the most contrversial
pieces he can, to get people to notice him.

It took me all of a few months to learn his schtick when I moved to Chicago, and I long have given up listening to a single thing he writes or has to say.

If he writes a column that gets attention on a sports show I am watching,
I do the easy thing and turn it off.

Why even waste braincells on this half-wit truglodyte?
User avatar
Dr. Spaceman
Pink Helmet
 
Posts: 385
Joined: 12 Jan 2007, 16:14

Postby kaskomm09 » 26 Jun 2007, 09:10

For the record, this is the world's greatest piece written on Marriotti, simply by using his own words.

http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_co ... tis_y.html
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
User avatar
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3534
Joined: 24 Jul 2005, 19:54
Location: Champion of the Sun

Re: Ozzie Guillen Was Right: The Jay Mariotti Sucks Thread

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 26 Jun 2007, 09:17

the cheese wrote:
Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:Instead of clogging all of the Chicago team threads with his garbage, let's put our hateration of Mariotti here. Let the hating begin!



You're foolishly assuming that anyone outside of two guys on this board actually cares what anyone writes about the White Sox.


huh? i thought the topic of this thread was Jay Marriotti.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7240
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

Postby IhateTomBrady » 26 Jun 2007, 09:30

Theny wrote:I don't really mind Mariotti as I've said before -- Sean Salisbury is by far the worst thing to happen to espn lately. Screamin A. isn't bad either, he knows his shit.


ESPN's biggest problem is the current management who thinks two pinheads screaming at each other constitutes lively sports talk and that people want to see this. (Except PTI which is smart, funny, and entertaining IMO) Mariotti and Skip Dickless embody that philosophy best. As Dr. Spaceman said, his biggest problem is Mariotti always seems to make himself part of the story.
User avatar
IhateTomBrady
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3981
Joined: 20 Feb 2006, 16:05
Location: ready to be the 1%

Postby Theny » 26 Jun 2007, 09:34

Thankfully they've kind of phased out Skip Bayless. I haven't seen him on the station in months.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 29921
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Next

Return to Even More Cowbell

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest