Sklar Brothers and Simmons: Dorkiest feud in America

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Sklar Brothers and Simmons: Dorkiest feud in America

Postby JichaelDick » 19 Sep 2006, 11:48

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/espn/an- ... 201601.php

I'm kinda with the Sklars...I mean, I'm not a huge fan of their recent work (although I did like the first few episodes of Cheap Seats), but I do find it hypocritical that ESPN will not let Simmons attack any announcer, but he's given carte blanche to destroy two employees of the network whose show isn't that popular.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby sportsdorkhater » 19 Sep 2006, 11:50

did I read somewhere that the dork was working on a show that was basically the same thing as Cheap Seats or I am making that up?
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby JichaelDick » 19 Sep 2006, 11:52

sportsdorkhater wrote:did I read somewhere that the dork was working on a show that was basically the same thing as Cheap Seats or I am making that up?

It's not quite the same, but he's working on some Fantasy Football show that comes on ESPN on Thursdays. From what little I've seen of it, it's not exactly good. Plus, I vaguely remember his whole thing on Cold Pizza when it first came on, and Cheap Seats looked like The Simpsons Seasons 4-12 compared to that.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby sportsdorkhater » 19 Sep 2006, 11:54

i just hope this feud doesnt get out of hand, the last thing we need is more dork on dork crime
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby Colonel Angus » 19 Sep 2006, 12:03

Wow, there is some gen-you-wine vitriol being spewed by the Deadspin commenters. Could it be that there's a site that hates Simmons more than SOTSG?
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby JichaelDick » 19 Sep 2006, 12:08

Colonel Angus wrote:Wow, there is some gen-you-wine vitriol being spewed by the Deadspin commenters. Could it be that there's a site that hates Simmons more than SOTSG?

Personally, I blame that Barry Lutz guy for all the problems with commenters on that site.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Colonel Angus » 19 Sep 2006, 12:11

JichaelDick wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:Wow, there is some gen-you-wine vitriol being spewed by the Deadspin commenters. Could it be that there's a site that hates Simmons more than SOTSG?

Personally, I blame that Barry Lutz guy for all the problems with commenters on that site.

It's strange how you never see Colonel Angus and Barry Lutz on the same site at the same time. Almost eerie, even.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby JichaelDick » 19 Sep 2006, 12:12

Colonel Angus wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:

It's strange how you never see Colonel Angus and Barry Lutz on the same site at the same time. Almost eerie, even.

Really is...but you're 10000000000x cooler than that Barry Lutz guy, Colonel. Don't let anyone telly ou differently.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Smeegs7 » 18 Apr 2007, 17:48

Sklar Brothers?
Smeegs7
Doug Christie

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 18 Apr 2007, 18:10

Smeegs7 wrote:Sklar Brothers?

Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby God Shamgod » 05 Aug 2007, 21:08

Sklar brothers with a guest spot on Entourage? Simmons has to be steamed. Help me Jimmy! Help me Carolla!
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Re: Sklar Brothers and Simmons: Dorkiest gentle ball washing in

Postby NFL Outsider » 26 Dec 2008, 17:21

The Dork was supposed to be on the Jim Rome Show today with the Sklar Brothers hosting. Anybody catch that? I hope it was a joke.
Read http://thehaternation.blogspot.com or the terrorists have won.
NFL Outsider
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Bricks » 02 Jan 2009, 13:24

I was listening to the SKlars on Rome today, I find them funny in that medium. They had some good stuff on the Barkley incident.
nova wrote:With all of that said, fuck VCU. Fuck that shiny midget Shaka Smart. Fuck the city of Richmond.
Bricks
Basketball Jesus

Postby Fletch » 02 Jan 2009, 13:31

Bricks wrote:I was listening to the SKlars on Rome today, I find them funny in that medium. They had some good stuff on the Barkley incident.

The Sklars and Jay Mohr are by far my favoritest Rome replacements. Whitlock is OK - everyone else blows goats.*

* I'm not a crazy Rome fan, so I'm probably forgetting some awesome dood(s) that fill in for him. w.e.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby NFL Outsider » 05 Jan 2009, 16:40

I do appreciate the Sklar Brothers. They were awesome in Wild Hogs.
Read http://thehaternation.blogspot.com or the terrorists have won.
NFL Outsider
Smartest Guy In The Room

Next

Return to Even More Cowbell