ESPN Radio

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

ESPN Radio

Postby baship20 » 07 Sep 2006, 21:10

Anyone listen to ESPN radio?

I leave it on at the office but I can barely stand it.

All it is one ESPN's personality after another interviewing each other and trying to come out with the strongest opinions no matter how ridiculous. Its so incestious- Mike and Mike will have a guest on and then Dan Patrick will talk about what was said on their show and then have another ESPN employee on to react to that and then Erik Kuesalis or whatever will discuss what that ESPN guy said...all the while pimpin ESPN products right and left, especially the damn phone service. If you need to manage your fanasty team from your cell phone you need to get your damn priorties straight.

Erik Kuesalis "Three Strikes and I'm Out" is the gayest shitck I've ever heard...Out of what?- The Damn Closet perhaps? It makes me so uncomfortable.

Eric Karabell is potentially the biggest friggin dork whose name isn't Alan Colmes.

Colin Cowherd is the only guy I like on there.
baship20
n00b

Postby JichaelDick » 07 Sep 2006, 21:16

I hate Colin Cowherd, because his whole schtick is saying something is absolute fact, and if anyone disagrees, there is no chance for a rebutal, it's *click." Plus, he fawns at the feet of Derek Jeter, who he calls the best player in the game today (when I can think of a few off-hand that are better...one on his own team), and his retarded belief that baseball players must be famous to make the Hall-of-Fame, meaning Jose Canseco should be in.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby sportsdorkhater » 07 Sep 2006, 21:25

I listen to the 2pm hour of The Dan Patrick show just because he has Keith Olbermann with him and it reminds of the glory days of Sportscenter.

The other shows are garbage, IMO, with the exception being The V Show, which is hosted by Jim Valvano's brother. I have caught it a few times late at night and thought it was good. I cant stand Mike & Mike, Cowherd is a douche and the show after DP blows as well.
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby God Shamgod » 07 Sep 2006, 21:26

I enjoyed Cowherd's show when it first came on, but it is the same schtick every day. I did enjoy the fact that a national guy would talk about college football when all the other gasbags were talking Yankees/Red Sox. The novelty has worn off.

He seems to crack himself up with his stupid old man voice.

I used to be a fan of All Night With Todd Wright back in my crack smoking errr insomniac days, but they fired him.
Last edited by God Shamgod on 07 Sep 2006, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 07 Sep 2006, 21:26

Kueslias is the most insufferable of the group.
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby the cheese » 07 Sep 2006, 21:31

I hate the Cow Douche with a passion. He is basically an NFL fan who saw college football as an untapped segment of the national market. In my opinion, the dude sees the game through the eyes of an NFL fan, and doesn't get the concept of being passionate about a school and the tradition that comes with it. I hated when ragged on UVA for still wearing ties to the game, and didn't seem to get that 95% of the SEC still does that.

Cow Douche bugs me ten times more than Dan Shanoff ever did. He's almost Skip Bayless to me
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby sportsdorkhater » 07 Sep 2006, 21:33

God Shamgod wrote:
I used to be a fan of All Night With Todd Wright back in my crack smoking errr insomniac days, but they fired him.

the guy that replaced him sucks too.
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby JichaelDick » 07 Sep 2006, 21:34

I think you'll like this cheese, if you can read it all the way through...

http://firejoemorgan.blogspot.com/2006/ ... wherd.html

My favorite part is this...

Cowherd wrote:But it?s become nerd world. Where everybody constructs arguments based on data and research...

Yes, let's construct arguments based on gut feelings and how a player's face looks...[/quote]
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby God Shamgod » 07 Sep 2006, 21:37

the cheese wrote:I hate the Cow Douche with a passion. He is basically an NFL fan who saw college football as an untapped segment of the national market. In my opinion, the dude sees the game through the eyes of an NFL fan, and doesn't get the concept of being passionate about a school and the tradition that comes with it. I hated when ragged on UVA for still wearing ties to the game, and didn't seem to get that 95% of the SEC still does that.

Cow Douche bugs me ten times more than Dan Shanoff ever did. He's almost Skip Bayless to me

Not that I don't agree with you, but there is no such thing as an unprovoked shot at UVA fans.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby the cheese » 07 Sep 2006, 21:40

JichaelDick wrote:I think you'll like this cheese, if you can read it all the way through...

http://firejoemorgan.blogspot.com/2006/ ... wherd.html

My favorite part is this...

Cowherd wrote:But it?s become nerd world. Where everybody constructs arguments based on data and research...

Yes, let's construct arguments based on gut feelings and how a player's face looks...
[/quote]

I read that a while ago. It seems like every fucking segment is exactly like that. The dude is a complete dumb fuck 90% of the time. What's worse is the fact that ESPN (in their INFINITE wisdom) is giving the dude more and more air time on TV. First it was the Sunday around the country segment, then it was the College World Series, then it was the FSU Miami game. Seriously, there isn't one other guy they could bring in for that game? Seriously!?! Fuck, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 07 Sep 2006, 21:43

the cheese wrote: Fuck, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Its painful at first, cheese. But over time, you will come to love the pills!
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Re: ESPN Radio

Postby Colonel Angus » 07 Sep 2006, 21:46

baship20 wrote:Colin Cowherd is the only guy I like on there.

If you like Colin Cowherd, then you and I have nothing to say to each other.

(I guess that answers my question "Who in the hell actually likes this guy?" though.)

ETA:

the cheese wrote: I hated when ragged on UVA for still wearing ties to the game, and didn't seem to get that 95% of the SEC still does that.

I enjoyed the rest of your rant, but umm... what? Ole Miss is 95% of the SEC now?
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Brick Tamland » 07 Sep 2006, 21:50

Colonel Angus wrote:

(I guess that answers my question "Who in the hell actually likes this guy?" though.)

I don't mind Cowherd, though I listen in moderation so maybe I just haven't gotten sick of his schtick. Regardless, he's still better than 90% of the sports talk hosts I've heard.
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Postby the cheese » 07 Sep 2006, 21:51

Colonel Angus wrote:

ETA:

the cheese wrote: I hated when ragged on UVA for still wearing ties to the game, and didn't seem to get that 95% of the SEC still does that.

I enjoyed the rest of your rant, but umm... what? Ole Miss is 95% of the SEC now?

I've been to games at Georgia, Alabama and Ole Miss, so its 100% of my personal experience.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby JichaelDick » 07 Sep 2006, 21:54

FWIW, at Ole Miss, it's commonly accepted to wear ties. With Alabama, at least, wearing ties is a symbol of fratasticness
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Next

Return to Even More Cowbell