Any chance Simmons is quitting ?????

Discuss other Sports Guy stuff here!

Re: Any chance Simmons is quitting ?????

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 12 May 2015, 09:08

Definitely on the Mt. Rushmore of Mt. Rushmores.

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Colonel Angus » 18 May 2015, 09:56

For some reason Will Leitch decided to write yet another column about the Simmons thing today: http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/12 ... -30-legacy

Not much in there that hasn't already been said repeatedly, by Leitch and by others. But I would like to know the story behind THIS:

(Full Disclosure: As the founder of Deadspin, I obviously have a long history with Simmons. It was mostly positive and friendly until a few years ago, when we stopped corresponding over a disagreement. I won't get into the details of the fundamental conflict except to say that the issue boiled down to Simmons being wrong, and me being right.)
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Gregs Kite » 18 May 2015, 10:04

LOL, what a pussy cop out. Of COURSE Simmons is to blame. Poor Leitch is just a fine, midwestern fella, polite as all heckfire.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 18 May 2015, 10:08

Palace intrigue! Parlour games!
#2C4S

Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby JichaelDick » 18 May 2015, 10:09

My guess is Simmons and Leitch engaged in some trash talk before the 2013 World Series, and Leitch got all pissy (like most Cardinal fans not named Iron Mike Sharpe do) and hissed back.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 18 May 2015, 10:11

#BFIB do NOT hiss. That's is a Boston move.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby JichaelDick » 18 May 2015, 10:14

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:#BFIB do NOT hiss. That's is a Boston move.

Leitch hung around Deadspin too long.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby the cheese » 18 May 2015, 12:26

Colonel Angus wrote:For some reason Will Leitch decided to write yet another column about the Simmons thing today: http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/12 ... -30-legacy

Not much in there that hasn't already been said repeatedly, by Leitch and by others. But I would like to know the story behind THIS:

(Full Disclosure: As the founder of Deadspin, I obviously have a long history with Simmons. It was mostly positive and friendly until a few years ago, when we stopped corresponding over a disagreement. I won't get into the details of the fundamental conflict except to say that the issue boiled down to Simmons being wrong, and me being right.)

$20 on the Dr. V thing.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Colonel Angus » 18 May 2015, 12:28

the cheese wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:For some reason Will Leitch decided to write yet another column about the Simmons thing today: http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/12 ... -30-legacy

$20 on the Dr. V thing.

That would be my guess as well.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Gregs Kite » 18 May 2015, 14:02

the cheese wrote:

$20 on the Dr. V thing.

Didn't Simmons issue a pretty lengthy public apology? Surely a good-natured Midwestern boy like Will would drop said grudge?
You fuckers ruined kite.

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 18 May 2015, 14:05

A lengthy apology for causing a suicide. Like they say on the streets, "my bad".
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby JichaelDick » 18 May 2015, 14:06

By all rights, if anyone should be held responsible for the suicide, it's the author. Dr. V committed suicide way before that story was published on Grantland.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby mj3528 » 18 May 2015, 14:21

JichaelDick wrote:By all rights, if anyone should be held responsible for the suicide, it's the author. Dr. V committed suicide way before that story was published on Grantland.

Yeah, but as editor, the tone of the article and the insensitivity falls on Simmons.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 18 May 2015, 14:23

mj3528 wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:By all rights, if anyone should be held responsible for the suicide, it's the author. Dr. V committed suicide way before that story was published on Grantland.

Yeah, but as editor, the tone of the article and the insensitivity falls on Simmons.

What was he supposed to do? Dig her up and skullfuck her back to life?
You fuckers ruined kite.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 18 May 2015, 14:25

Gregs Kite wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

What was he supposed to do? Dig her up and skullfuck her back to life?

When I read it, the tone seemed off on how the author was almost gleeful that he caused this suicide and he was insensitive about her death. As editor, that should be fixed. If you don't understand that, well, I can't even.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

PreviousNext

Return to Even More Cowbell